Closed Thread
Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You did better than me. Had been saving hoping they improved old CNY units enough. A lot of nostalgia for me since Chow/Ang were my first 5*s pretty much. Saw what new guys could do and said fuck it. 2 full laps were just 3 foos 1 Xuan but got me coins for prism yay. Luckily the new latents/awakenings were kind of not exciting since I'm mostly tapped out.

Another thing about Xuan is their damage is that good assuming mobs with equal spr/def. And with plenty that have at least a little lower spr or sometimes a lot the damage difference compared to other DDs can be more pronounced. It's probably the first time in a long time they made someone with magic damage this strong as others either were mages unable to use much in killers, squishy and locked to certain elements and/or had meh mods/lack of imbues.

Foo isn't too shabby either. Probably not the highest tier of support but close enough and with some niche abilities/turn efficiency that definitely side him in now and then. Like was great on bahamut v2... meta level mag break spr boost general and magical mitigation on t1 while filling esper gauge so on T2 can fill everyones LB gauge fully or do whatever. And then Xuan were basically built to beat him too so managed to do that with no tanks at all in 2 turns pretty easy

Also if you didn't check it out that new bundle is pretty good. 500 lapis and 5 expansion tickets for $1

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Would have been nice if the Genbu+Seiryu and Byakko+Suzaku units could chain together at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And just when you thought Gumi was being nice.... so that great daily bundle? Yeah message today saying whoops they forgot to put nrg in it too. Oh sweet sounds like they made the bundle even better right? Yeah nope what they leave out is they also took out the expansion vouchers and 400 of the 500 lapis in it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get excited about over new global original time limited combo units since tend to be good.... and data comes out they seem pretty meh.

But wait it gets better very next day jp announces our gl original are going to jp soon... except theirs aren't time limited, one looks like it will be decently better and the others TMR/STMR is going to be much better than ours. Way to really deflate gl pulling lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Anyone got much to say for Awakened Onion Knight or Hein? I got AOK on the daily and Hein on my traditional 1 ticket pull on every banner. I've been saving for the Madam but AOK and his S/TMR look pretty strong.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen Ansgar View Post
    Anyone got much to say for Awakened Onion Knight or Hein? I got AOK on the daily and Hein on my traditional 1 ticket pull on every banner. I've been saving for the Madam but AOK and his S/TMR look pretty strong.
    AOK is well AOK. He's near the top but still behind CNY unit. He is pretty flexible in elements especially not needing to take a turn off to imbue and such and ramps up nice.

Hein does terrible damage but his LB is pretty nice support and his resistance buffs can be insane if semi niche.

To go with that Madam is also still somewhat overshadowed by CNY unit at least until t10 or so and obviously hurt huge by deaths. That said after that she's top dog and probably will be for awhile ( or until Easter Glex lol) if your fights lasting that long. Has some pretty interesting burst potential if you build for that (like should have the highest t1... if you can ya know manage to fill her lb gauge on top of chaining and imbueing imperiling etc) and if you could find a way to keep refilling....

Who are some tdw units? Most of the units I use are tdh. So I dont know alot of them.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some of the more obvious recent ones would be Bartz, AOK, Madam Edel, A Locke, R Lightning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also most old dw units become real tdw units after ability awakenings/latents. Like Tifa pretty strong right now.

Also the CNY unit is spr tdw and still pretty OP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Xuan can definitely zerg down Tiamat. They can also 2 turn Moose with basically anyone that can imperil and imbue and a decent dupe. Which makes for amazing rank and unit xp farming

Also they changed Raid without warning. Now some units (this time just this banners) give small bonuses to the currency drop which would be great if they hadn't also doubled the cost per pull

Any tips on making gil? Never had problems before but with 7*/stmr/ability awakenings I'm almost out. Turtle dungeon seems kinda iffy and I've never really done the gil chamber either. So I'm kinda curious outside of selling raid coins once I'm done with the boxes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Take Xon on the raid and Waylay. He'll steal 3k gil, you get 3k from the kill, and then he doubles it, so you walk away with 12k per orb. The raid will have turtles and MK events have turtles. You can straight sell the MK currency and raid coins (I don't recommend selling raid coins because you could always pull a 4*, however, the craft items bits can always be sold, too).

Edit: Xon needs Master Thief +2 for double gil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also if you got some spare nrg try killing moose.

10 nrg gets you 12215 gil, 300k unit xp and 5900 rank xp. Bring in Xon or MM xon and that goes up to 48k gil. With some xp gear you can use it to get alot of xp too and well insane rank xp/nrg too

Several other scorn battles work too but Moose is super easy. Like I've been using Ignacio + Xuan + any half way decent Xuan friend to kill on T2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well shit that Corona er Omniprism bundle pretty good. Prism for anything 2 premium 10+1 2 5* some trust pots and trust for 10k? sign me up

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well shit that Corona er Omniprism bundle pretty good. Prism for anything 2 premium 10+1 2 5* some trust pots and trust for 10k? sign me up
    Between that and an STMR 100% moogle, I'm eyeballing some of those limited units.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Between that and an STMR 100% moogle, I'm eyeballing some of those limited units.
    Part of me is holding on hoping Gumi would remember it's promises to ya know actually put more limited time units prisms into the shop. But given like half of them still aren't released and some it's been a good year idk. Like been at 3/4 Randis for 9 months now. Ditto Bart except longer. feelsbadman.jpg.

Are the new stages that use a blue key any good?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For the first time rewards. You can farm them for mats to make the FFX unit +30% all stats materia. It's only usable on base FFX units though, so Lulu, Auron, Kimahri, Yuna, Tidus and CG Tidus. Maybe Yunalesca? Not sure about her. It includes +30% HP and some LB fill, making it likely more useful than Adventure IV. If you're not using any of those characters though, then there's no real use to the areas.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Ed is pretty dang strong DD... basically has Edels potential with Xuans ramp up speed and way better innate elemental flexibility then either but also a collab which tend to be regulated to the island of misfit toys and they gimped the exchange coins for these banners.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So.... Beatrix Latents might be really good.

Assuming the new cooldown is on T1 then you get the next 5 turns with 120% imperial, 250% atk/mag... and 92x mod each turn as a chainer or 154.6 a turn as a finisher. While getting 6x chain cap and cap hit atk/tdw cap with 2-3 free materia slots. And if we really lucky she will be able to cap her own chain

edit: hahaha jk she probably getting nerfed