Closed Thread
Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So seems they were a lot less discerning in eliminating cheaters this time... wonder if we will have even more obvious cheaters this time.

Also 60 tickets on these 10% rainbow collab banners... and 2 rainbows both offbanner
    I had 4 rainbows in 32 tickets; all off-banner.

Are there any must-haves from these banners? I grabbed Adam Jensen, finally got my 2B (and A2 #4), and have the ones I like, for the most part.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    I had 4 rainbows in 32 tickets; all off-banner.

Are there any must-haves from these banners? I grabbed Adam Jensen, finally got my 2B (and A2 #4), and have the ones I like, for the most part.

Not sure about must have but
    2b is a solid breaker with decent damage again
    Elly probably one of the best units for magic damage in DV but not great otherwise
    Rena -basically top healer/support right now... also one of the tankiest ones and can do pretty decent spr based damage and great imbue/imperil
    Adam- double mirage and I think the best double AR chainer right now and just solid damage
    Rico- Does absolutely nutters damage... but his main damage move basically only works with dupe and even then think you need to spark.
    Edit: looks like they "fixed" rico... so in theory could chain with any other 6x BS chainer... or maybe 2 well timed 3x BS chainers. Either way if you can fit the 240x move into a chain that's a ton of damage starting T1

How many collaboration coins did everyone get? I did all the events when they came up and I have 80 coins but when I look at the box summons theres way more than that available. Did I miss something?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You got collab coins as rewards for doing the equipment enhancement event, so you had to enhance something in order to get all your stuff unfortunately

Ah. Thanks. Havent done an enhancement in awhile cause of crappy augment rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah think I ended up with a bunch extra... though I also skipped the first box once I got the non equipment stuff.

Hope you did the enhancement before the last one. Rates were like doubled or something for the 2nd half.

Also DV borked and no idea when it will be back up. This anniversary stuff looks interesting. Nice to finally get some old event equipment I missed out on. Huge expansions to inventory. Haven't read enough on the summons though but looks pretty good

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thanks, dasva.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any yall got a max human killer Karten I can use for trial tomorrow

Is Karten worth using an omni prism on? Got him from the 3rd new era ticket.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Every body just quit playing or something? Surprised nobody has posted about the insanity of NV lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They threw tons of tickets at us and I got lucky with cloud but gearing up twice as much sucks and this system has a billion different currencies introduced simultaneously.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like the NV system more than I like DVs, but all in all it's just continuing the trend of needing to sit and play at your computer with the wiki, a YT video and a Reddit thread open at the same time. The spike in difficulty for stuff that should be essentially farming also seems a little bit extreme.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm enjoying the ease of stuff thanks to Tifa and Cloud now. NV ability awakening seems like a mess, and it's annoying that repeat doesn't work for brave shift abilities, but beyond that, I'm liking the new system. The increased rainbow rate is really nice for STMRs, but with the uncertainty of who will get NV in the future, anything beyond a single STMR is risky unless it's a really good STMR that having multiple of will help.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can you not reload either? I haven't even leveled my Cloud, and with Tifa the only real reason to go into BS is to use LB, so you're not really using repeat.

Not digging the super low NV rate. Burned through alot of resources and all the freebies and nada on cloud. Farming with 2 NV Tifa though. I'm voting for the 20 select summon tickets on that daily. What about you guys?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

20 select tickets as well. The 100% STMR would be ok too, but 6k lapis is a joke.

Edit: I didn't have good luck on Cloud either, I got him on the second free pull after spending 30k lapis and using all of my tickets.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got two clouds from the NV pulls so far and one from a ticket on the banner. So far zero lapis spent.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Can you not reload either? I haven't even leveled my Cloud, and with Tifa the only real reason to go into BS is to use LB, so you're not really using repeat.
    You can. To clarify, if the ability you're trying to repeat/reload is an ability only available when brave shifted, since the unit isn't brave shifted, it'll just set them to auto attack. If you brave shift first, then hit repeat/reload, it'll work. But that's extra time/clicks.

With the Overdrive tickets and the free 4th pulls, I went in on 30k lapis. Got me Barrett's STMR, enough Tifa (along with what I already had) to Ex+3, two Clouds, and 8 tickets. Used 5 for the pearl, figure I'll throw the others at maybe the 2 ticket cost 5*/NV ticket, and one batch of 10 Cloud shards, to even out the 40 we're getting from logins.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I got two clouds from the NV pulls so far and one from a ticket on the banner. So far zero lapis spent.
    Damn son.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

sorry, that was wrong. I spent like 750 lapis on daily pulls. Today was the first day that the 4-pull Livestream pull (which I called the NV pull) didn't give me at least a rainbow. I did burn through my 100+ tokens for the slot machine and all the resulting tickets already, though. The ticket deluge was serious.