Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The fact that it's ANOTHER fucking DQ event instantly made me lose interest anyways.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

meanwhile where is my 7* JC or Tomb raider stuff!?!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Had a decent run of luck this month. I had been saving for King Rain event for a while. Daily was King Rain #1. Full step up gave #2 and #3. 12 tickets spit out number 4.

I always use the unit intro ticket at the banner and lo and behold down comes Magitek Terra. 4 more tickets to get #2.

A couple of benchwarmer 5* mixed in on step up.

Pretty good run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Used the five keys on the Erik/Rab/Jade/Sylvando banner and got two Erik and two Rab and a 10% TM. Not sure what the thought are on ANY of the units but I vaguely remember that the other banner was meh. I know we got weaker versions and may not get upgraded/enhanced versions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So used my 5 keys and got 3 10% trust moogles <.<. And 1 Erik and 1 Jade. Only ones that seem all that interesting or I might want were the other 2. .

Also the premium 10+1 all golds and the ticket was 8 gold 3 blue. Bad luck day

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I finished the first lap of the Terra/Locke banner today, as well as the 2 free 10+1 summons, 0 non-guaranteed rainbows. So out of the 12 10+1s, 5+1 and a fuckton of tickets I've done since the rate up, I've gotten 2 rainbows. Several of those were literally 1g10b. They can shove their improved rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jesus all this news of all these banners trying to milk us before Christmas lol. Extra glad didn't pull on DQ banner

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Jesus all this news of all these banners trying to milk us before Christmas lol. Extra glad didn't pull on DQ banner
    Yeah, I'm holding too. That All 5* 11 summon banner is tempting

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The banners with guaranteed 7* with STMR that you can reroll to get one you need are tempting too... except I think it's like $50

Edit: So yeah someone did math for black Friday unit bundles. Assuming SE continues their standard every rainbow has same rate for pulls that are guaranteed rainbow on a banner like they do for most step ups this step up is absolutely atrocious for getting on banners especially a specific one even counting the new coin/card system. Like worse than even just normal step ups forget the good ones. Though overall rainbow rates seem decent I guess just the vast majority of them are going to be offbanner

Just got an Operative Zyrus from the Olive/Xon banner. Just checked the select ticket menu and all 4 black friday units are in there. Kinda confused.

So just heard back from support and all 4 units are indeed in the pool. Way I read it was that zyrus and aiden were gonna be added on 12/2. Didnt help that drop rates tab isnt working for me atm.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, their banner will be added on 12/2, but they're in the Ex and general pools already. One of today's guaranteed 5* gave me a Doctor Aiden. Prolly just UoC his prism and be done. If I had more lapis to burn, I'd prolly go in on these banners. I don't personally mind mass off banner 5*s, and 2 for 9k is not bad at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So the "support" reroll has 25 units on it... so a bit harder to get the one(s) you want than I think most people thought especially considering the price tag. The lapis bundle with the materia/accessory is actually pretty good but you wouldn't know since it doesn't really give you full info on the abilities before you buy for some reason. Kurasame got some nice enhancements but seems to still fall behind other hybrids while still having bad survivability. A fry got some good

In other notes 2 10+1 got me #3 Fox girl and #1 Exdeath, 2 5* tickets got me #1 DKL and #4 Knight Delita. Now to wade thru all my friend points and throw some tickets at the banner for farming

Put my 7* Operative Zyrus up as a bonus unit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So threw my 4 10% tickets at banner and 4 blues of course. Threw 35 4* tickets and managed to get 1 Ignis, 1 Xon, 2 Olives. So yay bonus units. Also Xon has been quite fun to use with units that have strong self only buffs

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He can apparently copy cooldown buffs too, and with another Xon bounce them back and forth. He's a pretty decent DPS unit in his own right as well, with instant access to his full strength instead of turns of setup.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

oh yeah source of buff doesn't matter. If it's on the list he copies. Really nice with like single turn ones and boosting their duration. Or randomly strong ones stuck on less popular units. Saw someone already used it to steal Rebertas man eater for a 3 turn Kefka. Citan would be a great choice too for that. And imagine Regina when the right killers matter lol

My main issues is his ability to grab buffs from a single unit is split between 3 different abilities so that would be an entire and wait for next one to transfer. Also his transfer being a longer cooldown and doesn't transfer everything he can get from another unit etc..

He's also pretty much a meta level breaker. I know a lot of people are disappointed since in some ways his vs enemy ones is a nerfed version of twist of fate and waylay is nerfed too but he's still pretty strong and fun

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Set up my M.Xon if yall want to mess around with him. Using King Rains buffs with MXon has been awesome

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Does anyone know why or if this is the most damage you can do on this boss??

I get this same exact total almost every time.

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's the most damage you can do to anything in 1 turn.

Edit: As to the why, the number is weird because it's converted to decimal but apparently not coded to have a limit in decimal. It's the maximum value something can have in 32 bit binary code.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is 2^31-1, which is the largest value that a 4 byte signed INT can take. 4 bytes * 8 bits/byte = 32 bits, minus 1 bit for sign gives you 2^31 states, minus one state for zero-based. Weird redundancy of negative/positive zero is typically not used. They are probably sending values of the opposite sign to represent healing vs. damage.