Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only thing I can chime in regarding this is is the devs aren’t stupid. They knew 100% that the units were super OP and that we’d know they were super OP. They absolutely test this stuff, they aren’t some back company anecdotes aside these stats and modifiers got skills absolutely go through QA and testing and they know how powerful a unit is it potentially is. They knew we’d find out from mining too.

These nerfs cannot be explained away by them “realizing” they’re OP. They knew. So them putting these OPAF units in game knowing we’d mine them and find out they’re OPAF and then change them literally last second is suspect as shit. They had chances to change them long before that last second patch.

Idk, this smells hugely like bait and switch, there was definitely something dirty happening but for what purpose would just be speculation.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally, I'm not convinced they do any in depth testing. There's been more than a few times that new content or events were broken and unplayable, units didn't work as advertised until further fixes in subsequent updates (Qin comes to mind), buffs were altered after being announced (6* PS Rydia getting w-summon GLEX buff, only for it to be changed to Rod Mastery after it was pointed out her 7* gets it), claims that units will chain, only for them not to, and it get fixed in a ninja patch in the future. You can look at both Kain and Ultima for an example.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Didn't they actually nerf Sylvie during maintenance as well? Meaning that they were definitely looking at the characters for one reason or another. NOTHING about the last second nerf was accidental.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Personally, I'm not convinced they do any in depth testing. There's been more than a few times that new content or events were broken and unplayable, units didn't work as advertised until further fixes in subsequent updates (Qin comes to mind), buffs were altered after being announced (6* PS Rydia getting w-summon GLEX buff, only for it to be changed to Rod Mastery after it was pointed out her 7* gets it), claims that units will chain, only for them not to, and it get fixed in a ninja patch in the future. You can look at both Kain and Ultima for an example.
    The Chaining issues are usually linked to "starting frame" issues, meaning default attack animation, moving animation, or "casting" animation frame difference and them just using the wrong one. Qin is a bit different in terms of "thinking he'd be useful"... but yah.

Still, Not saying they're competent when it comes to things favoring us, and maybe they let those kind of things slip through, but I don't think I can be convinced they were ignorant of the idea they were releasing two units that would severely cut their bottom line for support AND DPS units for the next 7 months. They knew. A DPS that outdated everything up to current JP standards? Yah, no... that was absolutely known up to the moment of nerf.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Qin was absolute trash so I can totally believe that Gumi doesn't test their shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Forgot about the live event for about 30 minutes. Was watching game of thrones again and forgot this was starting. Some neat qol changes and xenogears round 2. This week. Redoing the first banner and it's only banner units on a 1 round step up. Also get a free 10+1 for having 3.2k people watching.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is this our first event without a part 2 trial? With the weapon being a replica, I assumed the normal version would come from that. Perhaps they just didn't mention that part, they forgot til the very end to mention we'd be getting another round of lapis summoning and event login rewards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag