+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Really well done Tyche; that's some great work. And props for making it through an underestimated job. No small task this - be over it for a bit.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Anyone here use a steam cleaner by any chance? I used a cheapo I bought awhile back to clean my shower/tub and while it's significantly better than commercial bathroom cleaners for getting rid of soap scum it doesn't work well in curves and was wondering if anyone had one with attachments for those kinds of situations they'd recommend.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I missed this post. Nice job Tyche!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I painted the trim Tricorn Black in semigloss instead of flat, which provides some contrast. I hooked the speakers back up, and now all that's left is the seating and the cabinet behind the projector. Will do new carpet later. The sound stage is absolutely incredible, probably overpowered for the room, but outside of a Dolby enhanced theater with an ungodly amount of speakers, it's probably the best I've ever heard.
    It probably is lol. My hearing is my strongest sense and I would feel like I was being squashed against the back wall in there. How big is your screen btw? 100"?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

142". This week I bought a UMIK-1 microphone and did the Dirac calibration for the speakers. I also bought a spiderX elite meter to calibrate the projector, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Had a ton of roofing materials because I just got my roof done and had a ton of extra wood from old projects so I built myself a wishing well.

Bought the wood bucket at home depot and built the rest. Even added little gutter system to make it match the house;

Ran out of wood stain though so have to do some touch ups another day.

I also bought those 2 garbage cans you see in the back and cut them up. Using them as metal pots (they were $33 each and galvanized metal that's made to last forever - i got 4 pots out of them).

Plus I screwed the metal garbage can lids onto PVC pipe. My fiance is going to paint the lids into flowers and paint the PVC green like stems. Stick them in the ground as summer decorations.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Try to put some rust inhibitor on the cut edges of those new pots, or put a rubberized cap around the exposed edge. The galvanized steel is typically just surface level protection, so if you cut or scrape it you expose the raw steel to corrosion. Great use of everyday objects for something new, though!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Try to put some rust inhibitor on the cut edges of those new pots, or put a rubberized cap around the exposed edge. The galvanized steel is typically just surface level protection, so if you cut or scrape it you expose the raw steel to corrosion. Great use of everyday objects for something new, though!
    Thats a super helpful tip. Will do - thank you!!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I wish I was creative and handy about stuff like that. It looks suppper cute.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I wish I was creative and handy about stuff like that. It looks suppper cute.
    Thanks!! I just watched a lot of stuff my parents did as a kid.

Ridill
    BG Level

I would like birds to stop shitting on my fence.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Put a red sports car in your driveway. Problem solved.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We have a 2-bulb Home Depot boob light in our living room that currently has two GU24 LED bulbs in it. One of the two bulbs turns off after a few minutes, then back on, then back off, etc.

* I reversed the bulbs in the sockets and the same socket shows the behavior with the other bulb, so I don't think it is a bulb problem.
    * I disassembled it and checked the wiring / made sure connectivity to the offending socket was good. It passed.

The internet tells me that it might be a bad ballast? Does that seem right? Where is that even?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Made some edibles and got crafty this weekend.

All scrap metal + extra PVC pipe. Cost me a total of $30 for some nuts/bolts. The tree branch fell off a tree in my backyard.

The fish can swing(swim) back and forth. Their movement's limited so they dont hit the ground or into eachother.

I did the engineering, wifey did the painting/glazing.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    We have a 2-bulb Home Depot boob light in our living room that currently has two GU24 LED bulbs in it. One of the two bulbs turns off after a few minutes, then back on, then back off, etc.

* I reversed the bulbs in the sockets and the same socket shows the behavior with the other bulb, so I don't think it is a bulb problem.
    * I disassembled it and checked the wiring / made sure connectivity to the offending socket was good. It passed.

The internet tells me that it might be a bad ballast? Does that seem right? Where is that even?
    Just replace the fixture, home depot boob lights are like $30

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

My wife got me one of those 12ft tall skeletons from home depot for father's day. Then, a week later, my realtor rolls up with a 12ft tall skeleton from home depot in the back of his truck. I now have 2 12ft tall skeletons from home depot.

Which now means I have to spend another stack of cash to make an outlandish Halloween display to go with my 2 12ft tall skeletons from home depot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Just replace the fixture, home depot boob lights are like $30
    I hate this but it's true. Arg. They don't stock the same size boobs anymore (these were huge) and I don't want the room to be lopsided (two lights). I guess I should just get two and do some painting.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    My wife got me one of those 12ft tall skeletons from home depot for father's day. Then, a week later, my realtor rolls up with a 12ft tall skeleton from home depot in the back of his truck. I now have 2 12ft tall skeletons from home depot.

Which now means I have to spend another stack of cash to make an outlandish Halloween display to go with my 2 12ft tall skeletons from home depot.
    Last year I drove by a house that had like 20 of those things on it. They had them so the skeletons looked like they were crawling on the roof and coming out of the windows and stuff. Complete with fake spider webs, huge fuzzy looking spiders and spooky lighting all over. I bet no kid got anywhere near that place heh.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'm gonna buy several of the smaller 5ft tall ones, then I think I'm gonna get a 6ft skeleton T-Rex and put a leash on him to display as the family pet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really, really want a hot tub. Any one have some recommendations that aren’t going to bankrupt me?

Would probably be willing to spend $2500-3000 max, which I realize isn’t a lot for a hot tub, but it’s just me and my fiancé so it can be on the smaller side.

Also, if anyone has experience with the added costs to electric bill (which I realize varies greatly by state).

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Get a gym membership.

Otherwise I got nothing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting