+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So the mystery of our gas water heater continues.

The pilot light won't stay lit for more than 2-3 seconds. Most of the internet is telling me this sounds like a thermocouple issue and some steel wool can fix it. Has anyone cleaned these before, and how difficult is it? Would like to save for the cost of a plumber service call right now just because a lot of this smaller sutff is adding up quick and if I can learn how to do it myself all the better.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Sounds like some bullshit being broken on the millennium falcon and that's why they can't make it to hyper speed lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Sounds like some bullshit being broken on the millennium falcon and that's why they can't make it to hyper speed lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    The hydrospanners didn't work.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So the mystery of our gas water heater continues.

The pilot light won't stay lit for more than 2-3 seconds. Most of the internet is telling me this sounds like a thermocouple issue and some steel wool can fix it. Has anyone cleaned these before, and how difficult is it? Would like to save for the cost of a plumber service call right now just because a lot of this smaller sutff is adding up quick and if I can learn how to do it myself all the better.
    Had to do that with the heater in our last house. Wasn't hard with my heater...just undo the two screws that held it in place, detach cable, remove, scrub, then replace. Best results achieved when paying extra attention to the tip. Giggity. Your mileage may vary, based on the heater and how annoying it is to remove the thermocouple.

Luckily so long as you're careful it's not gonna hurt to try. Be sure to turn off power, etc, before starting and you'll know in like 10 minutes if it corrects your problem. Be forewarned though that I had to do this annually once the bad behavior started. Still cheaper than a replacement part, just a bit tedious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag