BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    This is where I am at. Congrats to the both of you! Despite the low rate for ours, it would still be awesome not making that payment every month.
    You would think that, but likely half of it would still be made/saved for insurance and taxes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't snag as great a rate as some people did (was kind of annoyed at the time), but oof is it still miles better than what people are getting today.

I think I paid down extra for the first few months then just funneled the rest into investment accounts. . or high yield savings above my rate.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Get an email from the insurance company covering my dad's house threatening to not renew the policy because a google maps/earth satellite image shows the roof is in disrepair.

The image they based it on barely shows anything of detail. It's also dated because the garage roof got replaced in June and is a different color/material than the older portion of roof (tar + gravel.)

Agent's office requests us to send pictures/invoice of the roof replacement and if possible get it inspected. Or at least send proof we're doing due diligence in getting repairs done as needed.

I reply - we can't trust roofers to inspect because they're looking for work and willing to say anything to scare us into hiring them. FFS the amount of pressure the roofers we hired for the leak repair/roof replacement on the garage just makes me want to vomit thinking about them.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You don't have receipts for the repairs you did do? From the contractor that did it? That sounds like exactly what they're looking for.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Only a section of roof was replaced, not the whole roof. So it's a coin flip if us promising to replace sections of roof would be enough to keep the insurance

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Damn that sucks dude. Also sucks that they're using satellite data to do this to ya.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It's crazy because of how dated that shit is. The google photo of my home is like 7 years old.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Can’t you hire a third party home inspector to just inspect the roof? when we got one to do a whole house inspection prior to us buying our house it only cost us around $500-$600, if that’s a thing in the states I can’t imagine that just having the roof inspected would be too expensive, and they wouldn’t be incentivized to try to sell you anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag