Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

why?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Odd question but is it true you can take money from your IRA account without facing any tax penalties if it goes towards the down payment for a house?

Was thinking since I have my car paid off and I'll have my credit card the same way or close enough by end of the year I should start paying more attention to my IRA and wondering if that can give me a bit of a boost.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Odd question but is it true you can take money from your IRA account without facing any tax penalties if it goes towards the down payment for a house?

Was thinking since I have my car paid off and I'll have my credit card the same way or close enough by end of the year I should start paying more attention to my IRA and wondering if that can give me a bit of a boost.
    You can take a loan out against your IRA/401k and you pay back into it with interest. Max withdrawal depends on your plan. I know my plan is $50k or half the value of the account, whichever is lower. Don't know what my interest and payback terms are though. If you don't pay back into it, it gets taxed as income with penalties.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Yes, but you need to read the fine print. Need to have not owned a principal residence in the past 2 years, only can withdraw 10k without penalty from a regular IRA. Roth IRAs you can withdraw much more.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...-buy-house.asp

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yes, and the nice thing is they don't count it towards your debt-to-income ratio when qualifying for your loan.

We did this so we could have a bigger deposit on our new home while waiting on our old home to sell.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    why?
    Ignore him. Electric is fine.

And if you really, REALLY, need to use FIRE, you can always do it OUTSIDE with a propane tank, charcoal, or wood.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Yes, and the nice thing is they don't count it towards your debt-to-income ratio when qualifying for your loan.

We did this so we could have a bigger deposit on our new home while waiting on our old home to sell.
    Thanks. When I get my taxes done in March I'll be sure to ask about that and also my bank on their PMI policy to see if I can squeeze out a downp ayment on a house. Assuming something good turns up.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Ignore him. Electric is fine.

And if you really, REALLY, need to use FIRE, you can always do it OUTSIDE with a propane tank, charcoal, or wood.
    What?

Less electricity less energy more heat better heat faster heat more direct heat.

Literally no downsides.

The only thing I'd give electric to is the glass tops for ease of cleaning but they stay hot and can cause burns.

Thinking it's a bomb or dangerous or that when you're 60 you should change is just lol

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The only reason not to use a gas range is if you don't already have gas going to your house.

If you have gas going to your house and gas heat etc, and you choose to use an electric range for a reason other than cleaning that beautiful glass top, the fuck?

BG Level

Have you ever used an induction electric stove Boyiee? It's faster heat than gas.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Have you ever used an induction electric stove Boyiee? It's faster heat than gas.
    Yepp, they are pretty cool. Gas is better.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Obviously except for cleaning like I mentioned earlier.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Besides the withdrawal stuff others have mentioned.

If you have a Roth IRA, and you've had it for longer than 5 years, you can withdraw any contributions you've made. You already paid taxes on it, so no paying taxes again. Just make sure you're only withdrawing contributions, not gains. (I really wouldn't recommend it though - let the roth grow! But it is there as a last resort...)

In other news, we moved in last week. Raking leaves sucks. Replaced and fixed a bunch of stuff already, been busy. Our oven/stove is complete shit. 20 minutes and it was barely boiling a pot of water. We got a gas water heater right behind that wall, and the gas meter is basically right there on the outside. Should be somewhat easy to get a gas stove in I think. (On a slab :<)

Also badly need to get this place wired with some ethernet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Literally no downsides.
    I get that many people prefer gas for valid reasons, but the combustion products and its effect on indoor air quality is at least one legitimate downside.

Some families with asthmatic children have realized health improvement when replacing gas ranges and heaters with an electric alternative.

We have a gas range too.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    I get that many people prefer gas for valid reasons, but the combustion products and its effect on indoor air quality is at least one legitimate downside.

Some families with asthmatic children have realized health improvement when replacing gas ranges and heaters with an electric alternative.

We have a gas range too.
    More info: https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...n-health-risks

And the more research you read on air pollution in general the more it is apparent that it harms not just to lungs but your intelligence and decision-making ability.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    What?

Less electricity less energy more heat better heat faster heat more direct heat.

Literally no downsides.

The only thing I'd give electric to is the glass tops for ease of cleaning but they stay hot and can cause burns.

Thinking it's a bomb or dangerous or that when you're 60 you should change is just lol
    Idk dude, I think this is outdated info. Lots of reviews say electric now gives better controlled heating than gas.

For my person situation: electric might be cheaper due to the solar panels. As for the CM poisoning and be caught my mom twice now leaving the gas on. Don’t be so naive to assume your brain is always going to function fine when you are older.

With that being said, my husband really wants to stick to gas. :/

Now I’ve got a new problem.The Whirlpool double has bad reviews about its grating cracking. Sucks because the fridge and dishwasher are new, so I really wanted to stick to the same brand. Now I need to find a range that matches that’s actually good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It is all depending on your cooking style. If you are more towards Asian cooking style, then gas stove is more suitable due to the requirement of high heat stir frying. But if more towards on most of the western style cooking where you do not require any high heat and fast stir frying, electric stove still will meet your need.

For induction cooker, although it can be said better than electric glass, but not all cookware is suitable.

Unless you have a claypot that you wish to use

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there something like a silicone sealant I could use to attach a command type clip hook to the underside of my soffit outside to easily hang christmas lights every year?

I figure something lower profile like that could remain unseen year round, be shielded from water, and still resist the winter temperature swings the southeast tends to get. My main problem is a good half of my street facing area does not have gutters to hang clips or hooks from and the shingle clips were not a good solution last year. Ended up using duct tape to mixed results.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

you could just screw some brackets or hooks to your soffits. in my house, at least, the metal covering that looks all nice and hard to work with is literally just a covering, and there's wooden beams every couple feet.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Agree with Bane, just attach some basic clips to the underside. If you are trying a less invasive approach with a "silicone glue" you can probably re-use that Lexel sealant you used for the drain, but I don't know how well it holds. Maybe attach a bracket to a scrap piece of wood and test its strength. I would avoid silicone in general because you can't paint the surface without completely stripping the old paint where the silicone was.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag