She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Argh. Can I connect my PS3 to my computer to get it to connect to PSN?

I got a ARGH problem. I've been having intermittent trouble with my PSN on my PS3.

I was thinking maybe I could get a old ethernet cable, connect it to my computer and the offending PS3 and see if that will get PSN to work. I"m too far from the router to string a cable really, but maybe that will fix it, or do you guys have any other ideas?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you have any spare NIC(s) in your computer, you might be able to bridge the connections. I do remember the PS3 having a potato of a wireless networking card. Try here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-8e7f0d899d5a

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gotcha Storm; at worst if this continues (It seems I wasn't the only one having trouble with PS3 PSN tonight!) I'll see about getting me a little wireless router to slap into client mode. I'm not far from the wireless router but sometimes things happen and since the PS4 tends to be solid, wireless wise, it makes it suspect. As it is, this has a wired well, NIC that I ain't using and the wireless card, so I could bridge the internet on this thing. Maybe.

[Edit] Just got it to sign in after all that. Turns out it was down for a LOT of people in my area with PS3, was a little weird but I AM going to consider either figuring out how to bridge or getting a little router to use as a access point. Want to do that for Shadowcat for a present once we get his PS3 fixed anyway; he's down in the basement and was always having trouble with it.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Mesh Wi-Fi solutions have improved a lot in the past few years too. It might be well with looking into.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll look into that Storm; (I'd have to check what kind of uverse gateway/modem we have first though; it's been replaced once) but right now just thinking about bypassing that PS3 potato wireless card for something that might be a little more robust. BTW, the PS3 is a later model, no full BC (it won't play PS2 games) but I've been using it to play PS1 games that I don't need weird memory card things for certain features as well as PS3 games, when I'm not using it for a DVD player/Blu-Ray player/Netflix streaming/Crunchyroll streaming.

It's a shame you have to buy a router for basically a wireless bridge now a days. Really. Annoying.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ethernet over Power adapters? Better than wifi, slower than ethernet.

Can be had fairly cheap.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gryffes; I don't know about that with this house. The wiring in here is a tad iffy and may of had some bad DIY done on it so that might be out.