+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So Sam does his own maintenance on his equipment that Tony Stark made, when Sam is supposed to just have been a military man with 0 mechanical engineering training? He had to contact Stark Industries to get Red wing replaced and no one at Stark Industries was like y'all need one of hundreds of satellites or top of the line tech to find these people or nah y'all good. Flag Smashers are a global problem seems like that would've activated some kind of pop off beacon for all these multination mega corporations that the Avengers have connections to.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I thought about it too, but Zemo's comments made it sound like he knew about the Power Broker from before spending the past seven(?) years in jail.
    Gonna rewatch that episode because I can't recall the wording, but they did make a point of having him say he had no idea what PW looked like as he had never met them, which was kinda crammed in and awkward in the conversation. At least, it stuck out to me at the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    So Sam does his own maintenance on his equipment that Tony Stark made, when Sam is supposed to just have been a military man with 0 mechanical engineering training? He had to contact Stark Industries to get Red wing replaced and no one at Stark Industries was like y'all need one of hundreds of satellites or top of the line tech to find these people or nah y'all good. Flag Smashers are a global problem seems like that would've activated some kind of pop off beacon for all these multination mega corporations that the Avengers have connections to.
    Falcon's suit came from the military (admittedly, its probably due to Stark)

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

In the first episode he mentions that the military techs working on it don't know what they're doing and messed it up. Let's assume that only the most experienced and qualified are dealing with tech of that magnitude.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Wasn't it mentioned in one of the episodes he was an engineer before enlisting? Maybe even ep4?

And again, do you make the same "why isn't everyone there it's a global problem," with every superhero movie/show? Because you could. It'd be hilarious, but yes, you could.

I mean, is that more unbelievable than creating super soldiers with a serum or godlike beings from other worlds deciding earth is the place to be, or the fact earth is always central in the most critical fights in the freaking universe, or that non-super soldiers can actually fight said godlike beings without getting killed pmuch instantly? You're picking a hell of a hill to die on considering the material.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Episode was awesome.

Show has been consistently good except for ep 1. I don't know what the haters are smoking.

That final shot of the shield with all the blood was awesome

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They literally sent the Winter Soldier, Falcon, Captain America, and whatever the second black dude was before they killed him of course

The rest of the avengers are busy and accounted for, or dead. Half of them are off world/dimension even

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned in one of the episodes he was an engineer before enlisting? Maybe even ep4?

And again, do you make the same "why isn't everyone there it's a global problem," with every superhero movie/show? Because you could. It'd be hilarious, but yes, you could.

I mean, is that more unbelievable than creating super soldiers with a serum or godlike beings from other worlds deciding earth is the place to be, or the fact earth is always central in the most critical fights in the freaking universe, or that non-super soldiers can actually fight said godlike beings without getting killed pmuch instantly? You're picking a hell of a hill to die on considering the material.

He was not an engineer

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Falcon

Also the whole cinematic universe showed why Earth became the battleground. They brought the infinity stones to earth. Basically anywhere an infinity stone was became a battle ground.

Thanos pretty much did kill all the non-super powered humans who got in his way and even put the super powered ones in check. There are plot holes with the script, that can be admitted and the show can still be enjoyable. But because of the way the MCU is set up you need~have to see everything they put out to keep up with the story and characters.

They wrote Bucky to be at conflict with himself and his previous actions and all the murders he's committed because he believes he's irredeemable then he just has Zemo running wild capping everyone and everything and Bucky's like this is fine to get what I want even though Steve would've hated that.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why does Superman only help Metropolis when he could realistically spend 24/7 helping everyone on earth? For the narrative’s sake.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    They literally sent the Winter Soldier, Falcon, Captain America, and whatever the second black dude was before they killed him of course

The rest of the avengers are busy and accounted for, or dead. Half of them are off world/dimension even

I mentioned nothing about the roster but the tools at their disposal. Tony Stark tech is at the level to create time travel and they're not phoning in the Stark Industries like "Hey Sarah, my sister, got a threatening call. Can you trace it?" Or we're looking for these people can you use some of that facial recognition tech you have at your disposal.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe that's how captain america found em?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Why does Superman only help Metropolis when he could realistically spend 24/7 helping everyone on earth? For the narrative’s sake.
    Then you get Injustice Superman when he "saves" the world.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

In the first episode he mentions that the military techs working on it don't know what they're doing and messed it up. Let's assume that only the most experienced and qualified are dealing with tech of that magnitude.
    He was not an engineer

Also the whole cinematic universe showed why Earth became the battleground. They brought the infinity stones to earth. Basically anywhere an infinity stone was became a battle ground.

Thanos pretty much did kill all the non-super powered humans who got in his way and even put the super powered ones in check. There are plot holes with the script, that can be admitted and the show can still be enjoyable. But because of the way the MCU is set up you need~have to see everything they put out to keep up with the story and characters.

They wrote Bucky to be at conflict with himself and his previous actions and all the murders he's committed because he believes he's irredeemable then he just has Zemo running wild capping everyone and everything and Bucky's like this is fine to get what I want even though Steve would've hated that.
    I mentioned nothing about the roster but the tools at their disposal. Tony Stark tech is at the level to create time travel and they're not phoning in the Stark Industries like "Hey Sarah, my sister, got a threatening call. Can you trace it?" Or we're looking for these people can you use some of that facial recognition tech you have at your disposal.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

He was not an engineer

Yes, because it makes sense they would have hidden multiple stones on earth, right? Sam isn't a super soldier, but he can knock them over in a fight? He and others can take a punch from them and jump right up? Really? I can go on and on and on with the herp logic you're slinging around here.

Anyway, Milkster gonna Milkster.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Yes, because it makes sense they would have hidden multiple stones on earth, right? Sam isn't a super soldier, but he can knock them over in a fight? He and others can take a punch from them and jump right up? Really? I can go on and on and on with the herp logic you're slinging around here.

Anyway, Milkster gonna Milkster.

There was only one stone stone on earth it was the tesseract. Oh so you agree that this show has problems with consistency then too. Awesome.

Jay Kay two. The mind stone and the blue one.

But technically the tesseract was in Asgard before it was left on Earth.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There was only one stone stone on earth it was the tesseract. Oh so you agree that this show has problems with consistency then too. Awesome.

Jay Kay two. The mind stone and the blue one.
    Time and Aether were both on Earth I thought

Scratch that, Aether was taken by/possessed Jane when she went through a portal.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Oh, ok, so they decided to hide one of the most powerful things in the universe on a planet with beings that have supernatural powers. Instead of, idk, a chunk of rock and ice that's uninhabited in the middle of nowhere. Wasn't the time stone on earth entrusted to some wizards as well?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Basically the infinity stones have moved throughout the universe and dimensions since the beginning of time except for the aether and the one on Vormir.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I mean, he's really trying to apply logic to this shit lol. GOVERNMENT NOT INVOLVED NOT REALISTIC AT ALL. WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE ANDROIDS ALIENS AND WIZARDS. SO UNBELIEVABLE.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The whole point of the avengers was to stop global threats. Would the flag smashers be a global threat?