Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki (D+) - June 9, 2021     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Spoiler: show
    20 bucks Owen Wilson is on a jet ski by the end of the season

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by fliprock View Post
    20 bucks Owen Wilson is on a jet ski by the end of the season
    Probably some chase sequence over water where there happens to be a Jet Ski docked

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Probably some chase sequence over water where there happens to be a Jet Ski docked
    I will be shocked and disappointed if we don't get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Also, the last image at the end of the credits is that middle Time Keeper, the one who looks to be wearing a helmet, and the statue is split so that there are lines running down both eyes. Looks mighty Kang-like.
    I've seen a few articles mentioning this since the first ep. Weird way to introduce him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Well Ravonna is the name of the head of the TVA and is Kang's romantic interest in the comics, so i could see it being possible. Unless it's just a nod to the comics and that's it. I don't really know much about Kang or the comics themselves, but i'd be curious if they would introduce such a potentially big villain in a series. Plus it kind of takes some of the thunder away from Lady Loki's introduction.

Kind of interesting that they pulled the trigger on such a cataclysmic event so soon in the series. I'm glad, though, i hate when shows drag big events out. Gotta give Feige credit, he left himself a beautiful opening for F4, Xmen etc to be introduced into the MCU whenever he chooses with this event. I was concerned how they'd introduce mutants and whether it would be hand waived as "oh they were always there!" but this is a great way to do it.

And hard agree with Zealot, I was never a fan of Owen Wilson's acting, but he's very restrained here and does well with tom Hiddleston. Definitely a pair I never would've thought would work, but here we are.

Owen Wilson is my most hated actor that I can think of. I just hate his style so much.

He’s perfect in this role and this is the weird Sherlock Doctor Who comedy I didn’t know I needed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Is it just me or is this the best Owen Wilson has ever been?

Also, the last image at the end of the credits is that middle Time Keeper, the one who looks to be wearing a helmet, and the statue is split so that there are lines running down both eyes. Looks mighty Kang-like.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    THAT’S GOTTA BE KANG!!!

Holy shit the product placement in this episode lol...I spotted Dell, GE, Cuisinart all in a matter of seconds and I’m sure there’s dozens more if I dedicated myself to go back and check.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.avclub.com/lokis-success...ule-1847117835
    In moving to Wednesdays for the release of his brand new Disney+ show, local mischief god Loki not only finally achieved his dream of usurping his poppa Odin/Woden’s throne in the middle of the week—he also shifted the streaming network’s whole streaming release schedule. See, Loki—and now we’re discussing the very expensive entertainment property, and not just the plucky little godling—did so well with its Wednesday release date that Disney is going to stick with it…for everything. That is, any original programming for Disney+, from any new Marvel shows, to existing programs, to original streaming-only films, is now going to drop on Wednesdays, Loki-style, rather than the Fridays that were originally the norm.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not sure I like that. I always enjoyed starting the weekend with a Marvel show or Mandalorian. Knowing now that it drops on Wednesday and I might not be able to watch it until the weekend means my chances of getting spoiled by the Internet have increased dramatically.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I like the weds schedule personally.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I like having something new midweek to watch, but also I was spoilered on this episodes ending twist by 9am from a news feed. That hasn't happened yet with any of the Friday releases, so I'm a bit annoyed lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They probably like the idea of people going to work and stuff during the week and talking about the show. On a Friday release, most people would be done talking by the time they leave the house on Monday, and it wouldn't get as much word of mouth.

Or thats a super outdated concept, idk lol

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Remember when Thursday was the Primest of Prime Time television slots? Such a relic of the past now with On Demand digital viewing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    After this episode, I wonder how many characters we've seen are actually different looking Loki variants.

Is Mobius? What about Renslayer?

Are the time lizards??
    I'm waiting for the episode now where Matt Damon shows up to reprise his Thor Ragnarok role and is revealed as the real big bad

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Super meh episode for me. I was actually bored mid way through. They dropped most of the intrigue and mystery in exchange for a very bland "escape the law" plot.

Sylvie isn't an interesting character to me thus far, she seems out of place. Dunno maybe the character will grow on me but she ain't doing it for me right now. Also as an aside, did Loki revert a tower to its original position at the end? Wonder if that's the time stone he has on him, unless Loki can do that? He didn't push it away he reverted it back to its original condition. Very odd.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I dug it, but definitely some dragging in this one in the middle. Also dropped a huge bombshell almost as an aside.

yeah the whole episode just set up the one line near the end, this one was a snoozer for me

BG Level

Seems to me like

they're setting up Sylvie to be the Enchantress when this is over

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there romance brewing between them lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Never disappoint BG. A bunch of people who think Loki hijinks aren't fun

That or you should've gotten drunk like me before watching the ep

BG Level

I will say I've never seen an episode of Doctor Who but I imagine this is what it feels like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag