+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post

Yes. This show was full of them. Dottie and the doctor not being on the board being a big one for me. The problem is, this show was supposed to come out after Black Widow> Falcon & Winter Soldier> Eternals> Shang-Chi. Did things have to be altered/cut to adjust to the new timeline? How badly did the original Falcon/W.S. script need to be chopped up to deal with Black Widow not being released yet?

[/spoiler]
    Is my understanding incorrect that Black Widow is supposed to be some sort of sequel/origins story, which will probably pave the way for a new Black Widow since Natasha went splat, and therefore have no bearing on future MCU installments, such as this one?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

It does look like the Black Widow movie is going to set up Yelena to replace Natasha in the MCU.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...-wrong-a183060

"I don't want to spoil anybody's fabulous theories, because there are some amazing theories out there," Shakman told Kevin Smith on his Fatman Beyond podcast. "It was a way to trickle out some of the bigger questions of the show, history of Wanda, of course. Stark toasters, Strücker watches, Hydra bath soak, Lagos, and so on. They also worked thematically as well. The shark and the poor kid on the desert island."

"So up for interpretation, of course, but they had the same actors in all of them for a reason. Same idea, that everything was iterated in this world and Wanda just decided those two lovely townspeople needed to be cast permanently in the ads," he continued. "That was pretty much it. There's nothing to do with Infinity Stones really."

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

"People are gonna theorize."

"I'm gonna make you pay for that..."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished this myself about a week ago finally. Ill spoil just in case anyone happens to be slower than me.

Spoiler: show
    I don't get how Agatha involved Pietro, because I think I grasp everything else involving the dueling hexes. If Agatha simply used her own hex to make Wanda (or everyone) see something, why was it not MCU Pietro because that's what existed in Wanda's head/psyche? If Agatha's hex didn't rely on Wanda's perception to contribute to the illusion, how did Agatha know ANYTHING at all about Pietro?

Neither of those then explain why they used Evan Peters at all. He is absolutely the better of the two Quicksilvers for the MCU in my mind, but so much of HOW he fits in WandaVision all is confusing to me. The only explanation that works in my head (unless I missed it explained earlier in the thread) is that its backdoor introducing mutants and the X-Men into the MCU (which is also my suspicion for Deadpool 3) or a ret-con of the casting for Ultron even though that isn't explained as the case just yet so they can continue to use Quicksilver and now Scarlet Witch going forward.

Ridill
    BG Level

The Fox quicksilver in Wandavision was not related to his quicksilver character at all. He was just some normal random dude who happened to live next to Wanda’s house, who Agatha used a magical necklace on him to brainwash him. Marvel purposely used the Fox Quicksilver just to subvert expectations while getting the cameo points with viewers

As for how she knew about Pietro or anything about Wanda in the first place, well, she was an Avenger and Like real life paparazzi, I’m pretty sure every knowable fact about her life was known by the public. Also, agathas magic. Sure there’s some knowledge spell she could conjure up quick regardless.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I think there was only one part where he brought up an event from their childhood -- she didn't remember it, and he said she probably repressed it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I can see Evan Peters being for the fan points, but why not then just throw a completely different Quicksilver in then to subvert everything?

I guess in my mind for a company that takes so much time to get continuity right and lay references down sometimes 5 movies in advance, casting Peters is deliberate planning and right now easily hand-waived by "oh, we just having fun".

This was supposed to be after Strange 2 originally, correct? Kind of wished that happened because of the answers we would have gotten but enjoyed this regardless. Went from 0-60 3 episodes in and didnt let up.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It was supposed to be just before.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kevin Feige probably should have never revealed this lol

Feige says Doctor Strange was originally set to appear in the finale to resolve everything and got as far as scheduling Benedict Cumberbatch to film scenes (although they never did), but ultimately plans were changed because they wanted to keep focus on Wanda and avoid “another white guy saving the day”.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dr Strange coming in to save the day would've been kind of lame. Him just making a teaser appearance to set up the movie, however, would have been cool.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Kind of sucks there’s always going to be a “what could’ve been” with Wanda’s Vision’s final episode because of the pandemic. Series is one of the best things Marvel’s put out but god damn that last episode left so much to be desired.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Dr Strange coming in to save the day would've been kind of lame. Him just making a teaser appearance to set up the movie, however, would have been cool.
    The article I read also mentioned that the commercial breaks throughout the series were meant to be messages from Wanda to Dr. Strange asking for his help but they had to be modified when the plans for Strange were dropped.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Kevin Feige probably should have never revealed this lol

Feige says Doctor Strange was originally set to appear in the finale to resolve everything and got as far as scheduling Benedict Cumberbatch to film scenes (although they never did), but ultimately plans were changed because they wanted to keep focus on Wanda and avoid “another white guy saving the day”.

I read yesterday that the head writer for Falcon and Winter Soldier wanted a Spiderman cameo and Feige said, "No."

It sounds like he really wants to make this new phase to not do cameos of old characters in order to let the stories stand on their own.

II kinda get it because they did the cameo thing so much in the films that it's nice for a refresher, BUT I hope he doesn't become so adamant about it that we never get any cameos ever, either.

(And by cameos I mean from the major previous avengers team. Closest we've had is Cheadle, but that doesn't quite satisfy.)

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

He appeared for all of like 3 minutes too. It was an appropriate cameo but being that he was heavily involved with the military it made zero sense to not deploy him when Walker went nuts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

NGL, in the ending for F+WS I honestly did expect a Spidey cameo in a specific scene. You know the one I am talking about. Made double sense because Parker should have been somewhere in the area and aware of explosions and shit going down. I get the reasoning to not rely on the cameo, but Spidey showing up would have made 100% total sense. May have been more "we dont want to deal with Sony again just yet".

It seems like it may have still been written for that should they have changed their mind, but wrote it so it worked either way with how it happened or with Holland.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The finale's post-credit scene has been altered to include a new Easter egg.