+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I feel the exact opposite lmao. They did the sitcom stuff well but I want some plot momentum and instant gratification gdi

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have no idea what I watched but it was great.

Unlike Xno I wish they had dumped all episode at once. I want more.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Spoiler: show
    Read somewhere the wine they were drinking in ep 1 translates to House of Misery :O

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Observations:

Illusion and Glamor were two superhumans who lived in the same town as Wanda and Vision and pretended to be magicians.

"Agness" almost has to be AGatha HarkNESS. I just wonder if they'll use that name in the show or not.

The talent show takes place outside of "Wentworth's" and is hosted by Dottie. Superia's real name is Deidre (or "Dottie") Wentworth.

The Beekeeper had the SWORD logo on his back.

The wine was "Maison de Mepris" - House of M

The image on Vision's tie was two dots trapped in a box with two other dots outside.

The picture on the mystery box was the Mind Stone.

Prior to the end of episode 2, the only color ever shown is red (toaster light, SWORD helicopter, blood).

When Vision uses his phasing in the "sitcom" mode, it has a cheesy twinkling "magic" effect. When he reaches into Mr. Hart's throat, it's regular CGI. This is also when the camera switches from the sitcom style one to the softer-focus "dramatic" style.

Is this something Wanda is DOING or something being DONE to Wanda???

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

WandaVision (D+) - January 15, 2021

Seems leaning more and more to all this being Wanda’s doing. The prevalent theory I’ve seen to support this is the toy helicopter and the beekeeper.

These could’ve been an outside force, SWORD, trying to intervene and help Wanda with her altering them to something harmless to maintain the illusion.

The toy helicopter was possibly a real helicopter that broke through into her reality. Later we’re introduced to Geraldine/Monica, a pilot, who initially seems to be just as clueless as to why she’s there.

The beekeeper was an individual wearing a hazmat. The manhole he came out of is deliberately shown to not even have been there at the beginning of the episode.

This is why I think it’s fun as hell it’s being released weekly lol.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

the watch in the commercial had a hydra logo

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    the watch in the commercial had a hydra logo
    Its a reference to Baron von Strucker. An agent of hydra who was the one who experimented on Wanda and her brother at the beginning of Age of Ultron.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

also the times and dates seem to potentially correspond to issue numbers

BG Level

Fuck, this whole show is probably gonna be an Easter egg hunt.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

To add to the liking it week by week. I love watching Nerd Youtubers break down episodes and guess where shits going. Its fun to see what if I saw what they saw and also what I missed. There are some eagle eyed mother fuckers out there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Definitely pros and cons to all at once and weekly formats, but it is fun discussing it on a weekly basis rather than just the entire show, especially for something like this with so many references in it.

Really enjoyed these first two episodes though. I like this slow buildup to everything eventually breaking down most likely.

BG Level

Just occurred to me

Mr. Hart could be Dr. Faustus.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

This gonna be one of those shows that you're going to have to rewatch. And I have so little time to watch tv...I just started His Dark Materials, which has been fantastic. Gonna be backlogged.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This has convinced me that I probably would legit watch a 1950s era Wanda & Vision sitcom. I don’t know why but one line in particular from episode 2 had me laughing hard.

That was my grandmother’s piano...

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Xno pretty much hit this on the head though. This really did feel like I Dream of Genie meets Alfred Hitchcock. I'm normally more for spaced out episodes so I have time to process and look stuff up, but this one seriously has me wishing I could binge it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Definitely exceeded my expectations. Lot of little nods and easter eggs im still trying to piece apart.

I'm definitely of the mind that this is Wanda's doing and S.W.O.R.D. is trying to figure out whats going on. Anything with color seems to be something Wanda didn't intend to happen/twist intentionally with her mind; the helicopter, the cut on that woman's hand. Kitty's "Stop it" was freaky as hell, you could tell she was "breaking character" and went from telling the husband to stop, to begging Wanda to stop choking the guy out. Same with the beekeeper. The way Olsen delivered the "No" was super chilling. I was half expecting a "no more mutants" type of line lol.

My prediction is this is all Wanda mentally breaking down post-endgame, where she's trying to cope with losing Vision. She built a fantasy world to hide in. S.W.O.R.D. is trying to investigate, they're sending agents in, but they can't control it. Big brain here, but i think they won't be able to keep her in check, so the last episode will have a brief cameo of Dr. Strange stepping in to stop this, since he is responsible for magic threats, which will lead into Dr. Strange 2.

BG Level

Shoot I don't know why I didn't think of this because it seems obvious but

What if the Beekeeper is with A.I.M.?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Definitely exceeded my expectations. Lot of little nods and easter eggs im still trying to piece apart.

I'm definitely of the mind that this is Wanda's doing and S.W.O.R.D. is trying to figure out whats going on. Anything with color seems to be something Wanda didn't intend to happen/twist intentionally with her mind; the helicopter, the cut on that woman's hand. Kitty's "Stop it" was freaky as hell, you could tell she was "breaking character" and went from telling the husband to stop, to begging Wanda to stop choking the guy out. Same with the beekeeper. The way Olsen delivered the "No" was super chilling. I was half expecting a "no more mutants" type of line lol.

My prediction is this is all Wanda mentally breaking down post-endgame, where she's trying to cope with losing Vision. She built a fantasy world to hide in. S.W.O.R.D. is trying to investigate, they're sending agents in, but they can't control it. Big brain here, but i think they won't be able to keep her in check, so the last episode will have a brief cameo of Dr. Strange stepping in to stop this, since he is responsible for magic threats, which will lead into Dr. Strange 2.
    to piggyback on this a little
    I think this all being Wanda would explain why she had to ask Vision to do something to help his boss when he was choking instead of Vision just naturally doing it. Vision is probably on some sort of auto-pilot mode and when shit gets crazy, doesn't know what to do

loving the hell out of the creepy weird shit.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

seeing theyve said this ties into Dr Strange 2, I'm of the mind that Strange will make an appearance at some point...or at least hope he will as he's one of my favs

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

My knee jerk reaction

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2aegP8j5al0

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post

To add to this, my theory is that she became so mentally unstable that she needed to be isolated, hence SWORD's role in this. No better place to isolate a treat like Wanda than space. This'll take the show down a dark path b/c she'll realize what she did to get there ala Xavier in Logan. I'm also thinking Vision is kept at SWORD HQ, but I'd rather Shuri become involved with helping reactivate him, but this is leading to the Dr Strange sequel and not BP2.

My favorite part was also Wanda's "No!" moment. I feel we'll be seeing more of those in the coming weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast