+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    The "No" moment was weird because there was the radio part earlier in the episode which made it sound like Wanda wasn't in control, but to be able to rewind/change what happens seems to suggest she is the one in power.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Being in space would make sense considering the other characters involved. Isn't it rambeau and the chick from the Thor movies? They could both easily be involved with SWORD for one reason or another

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The "No" moment was weird because there was the radio part earlier in the episode which made it sound like Wanda wasn't in control, but to be able to rewind/change what happens seems to suggest she is the one in power.
    My thought is the people outside don't know what is going on and assume Wanda wouldn't do this to herself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    My thought is the people outside don't know what is going on and assume Wanda wouldn't do this to herself.
    This is my take too, but a lot of people are hinting at Mephisto being involved or doing this, which would lend credence to the voice over the radio saying what he's saying (Jimmy Woo of SWORD). Her neighbor is Agnes or Agatha Harkness supposedly. Prevailing theory is IF this is someone doing it to her like Mephisto, he's trying to get her to have kids like in the comics. Which is why "For the Children" is so heavily repeated in Ep.2.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    This is my take too, but a lot of people are hinting at Mephisto being involved or doing this, which would lend credence to the voice over the radio saying what he's saying (Jimmy Woo of SWORD). Her neighbor is Agnes or Agatha Harkness supposedly. Prevailing theory is IF this is someone doing it to her like Mephisto, he's trying to get her to have kids like in the comics. Which is why "For the Children" is so heavily repeated in Ep.2.
    I would laugh my ass of if they bring Arcade in somehow

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

re: Agnes
    the Agatha Harkness theory is further supported by footage of her in a witch costume in the trailers, and she says her and Ralph's anniversary is June 2nd which is the date the Salem Witch Trials started, could be an elaborate red herring, but the attention to detail is great

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Idk if we pointed it out in here yet or not but

Monica didnt appear until after the toy helicopter crashed. Leads me (and im sure many others) to believe that whatever is going on, caused her heli/ship/w.e to crash and appear

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So my roommate hasn't kept up with most MCU shit. She's seen the latest Avengers but hadn't seen most of the earlier movies so never had any idea what was going on.

So I've been working on getting her through all the movies. Was hoping she could avoid the name WandaVision until we caught up, but the Marvel marketing on this shit is nuts. No avoiding it. And today while watching Civil War she goes "Wait thats WANDA?!"

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Idk if we pointed it out in here yet or not but

Monica didnt appear until after the toy helicopter crashed. Leads me (and im sure many others) to believe that whatever is going on, caused her heli/ship/w.e to crash and appear
    Yeah i pointed that out earlier. I also don’t think her first line is a coincidence either. It was something to the effect of “I don’t know why I’m here.”

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    This has gotten a boost from a leaked set photo with Evan Peters sporting his Quicksilver hairdo. It's thought that Wanda attempts to bring her brother back, but ends up pulling through the Earth-10005 (XMCU) version.
    https://twitter.com/Coleccineando1/s...23267693047813

The Spanish VA that voiced Quicksilver in Dark Phoenix has confirmed that Marvel brought him back to voice Evan Peter's lines in this series. There is also a Funko leak of a Vision/Quicksilver two-pack set to release after the show concludes.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I actually like this show so far... I'm not sure what's going on but it's giving me a really creepy vibe.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So in a buzzfeed interview, Paul Bettany offhandedly mentioned actress Teyonah Parris and “her version of Monica” so I think that kinda confirms she is supposed to be Monica Rambeau.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Anyone else
    Get some serious cult vibes with the whole "For the Children" line being repeated whenever the event coordinator said it during episode 2?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

THE GREATER GOOD

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    THE GREATER GOOD

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

So my current operating theory is that Wanda has created this alternate reality and two different organizations are attempting to get in. The booms were both of them trying to find ways through.

We know (or can reasonably assume) that Monica's helicopter was the first booming and she's there with SWORD. I'm pretty sure now the second boom was the Beekeeper, and it's important that he came up through a manhole cover that wasn't previously there. That tells me Monica was trying to get in directly whereas the Beekeeper was forcing or sneaking his way in, so as to avoid SWORD noticing them. I think it's a race between SWORD and AIM to get to Wanda first.

My question now is that the first two episodes definitely have everyone pushing Wanda to have kids - is that Wanda's subconscious or is there another force at play?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    So my current operating theory is that Wanda has created this alternate reality and two different organizations are attempting to get in. The booms were both of them trying to find ways through.

We know (or can reasonably assume) that Monica's helicopter was the first booming and she's there with SWORD. I'm pretty sure now the second boom was the Beekeeper, and it's important that he came up through a manhole cover that wasn't previously there. That tells me Monica was trying to get in directly whereas the Beekeeper was forcing or sneaking his way in, so as to avoid SWORD noticing them. I think it's a race between SWORD and AIM to get to Wanda first.

My question now is that the first two episodes definitely have everyone pushing Wanda to have kids - is that Wanda's subconscious or is there another force at play?

Thoughts are that it's based on the Agatha Harness storyline where Wanda has kids that aren't real and when she breaks out and realizes they are fake she can't deal and snaps, leading to No More Mutants.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Thoughts are that it's based on the Agatha Harness storyline where Wanda has kids that aren't real and when she breaks out and realizes they are fake she can't deal and snaps, leading to No More Mutants.
    Except would they do it opposite here and make her create mutants for some reason?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Here's how I really hope they do mutants:

Say some mutants were always there (Apocalypse, Magneto, Mystique, Xavier, Wolverine, Sabretooth) because the mutant gene exists.

Say the energy from the Snap woke up a bunch of X-genes. Mutants have been popping up and Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse have all been gathering them for their own ends behind the scenes. So at 5-6 years later all the new mutants have received some level of training.

The second snap that brought people back also woke up a lot of X-genes both in the survivors and the returned, so now there will be too many mutants to keep hidden.

At least that's how I would do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast