• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I liked watching Peterman cuz it's fucking hilarious how he's still in the league and Kaep's making commercials. As if the Bills at this point are above any kind of negative publicity lmao.
    I don’t get why you bring up Kaep in relation to Peterman so much. Peterman didn’t use his professional sports platform in a defiant manner that was viewed as unpatriotic by millions of people around the nation subsequently causing his employer (the NFL) to face long term negative monetary effects. It makes sense why he doesn’t have a job man.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I don’t get why you bring up Kaep in relation to Peterman so much. Peterman didn’t use his professional sports platform in a defiant manner that was viewed as unpatriotic by millions of people around the nation subsequently causing his employer (the NFL) to face long term negative monetary effects. It makes sense why he doesn’t have a job man.
    NFL ratings and attendance were already starting to go down due to knowledge of concussions increasing among the public. Kapernick and his protests were just the perfect scapegoat to blame it on instead. If he never protested, I guarantee ratings and attendance would still be down just as much right now.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

regardless of ratings. if your views are publicly stirring controversy on a subject your employer has a staunch opinion on, you ain't doing yourself any favours in your workplace.
    i mean, do you bring up your own personal political viewpoints to clients/customers of your workplace on your employers dime? probably not... 'cause if you did you probably wouldn't be employed all that long

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

2018 NFL Week 10: Carolina actually sucks, just like all of you

I do it because half the time I know it triggers a few of you with to be expected posts which amuses me, and the other half is hilariously trying to defend peterman as anything more than a shitty as fuck QB that has no business in the NFL.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Comparing professional athletes to Joe dickhead that works in a cubicle will never make sense

Kaep is allowed to protest

Owners are allowed to be spineless and freeze him out for it and start the Nathan Petermans of the world instead and we're allowed to make fun of them for it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post

Owners are allowed to be spineless and freeze him out for it and start the Nathan Petermans of the world instead and we're allowed to make fun of them for it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Stop it. I’m trying to have fun here.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I do it because half the time I know it triggers a few of you with to be expected posts which amuses me, and the other half is hilariously trying to defend peterman as anything more than a shitty as fuck QB that has no business in the NFL.
    I don’t think anyone’s triggered you’re just constantly saying the same thing in different ways and it’s tiresome to read. I really think you’re overestimating your own levels of edginess here.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Generally speaking you're gonna be hanging out on the right side of the aisle to be bothered by Kaep's shit, and as we've seen time and again, this forum is almost entirely different shades of blue.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    i guarantee ratings and attendance would still be down just as much right now.
    Not buying this. I think you underestimate the amount of individuals who love football but are upset with the NFL and refuse to watch it now. Look at the increase in college football viewership in relation to the decrease of NFL. You have a shift in consumer demand here.

BG Level

Not buying this. I think you underestimate the amount of individuals who love football but are upset with the NFL and refuse to watch it now. Look at the increase in college football viewership in relation to the decrease of NFL. You have a shift in consumer demand here.
    Is Peterman better than Kaep?

Yes or No.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At this point I don't think it even matters.

Actually stepping onto a football field again would be detrimental to Kaepernick's brand, regardless of how well he played. And let's not forget the dude got benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert for awhile.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

He didn't get benched for Gabbert due to performance, he got benched due to management wanting him to void the injury guarantees in his contract. As soon as he agreed, he was on the field.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

It’s obviously an incorrect “guarantee”. All it takes is one person that doesn’t watch or go to games anymore over Kaep to invalidate it. I know more than that in my neighborhood alone. There are absolutely a lot of people that don’t watch for JUST Kaep alone, but they will gravitate back the longer he is away from the game. NFL ratings and attendance were going down for several reasons, with Kaep’s kneeling and incredibly stupid comments, such as the Fidel Castro ones, among them.

If I had to go with reasons for the decline, I’d start with pricing, rules of the game taking away big hits, ESPN getting way too political. Then what really pushed it forward and gave it the spotlight was Kaep’s kneeling, his really dumb comments, and Trump reiterating it every week to his fanbase.

If I’m trying to win a backyard Thanksgiving day football game, I’m def taking Kaep over Peterman. If I’m trying to win a NFL game, I’m taking neither. And I agree with Krandor that he would be smart, monetarily, to not step on the field regardless. I highly doubt he is even trying to anymore.

I’m never going to stop watching the NFL, but I have stopped watching ESPN outside of MnF. ESPN went from daily, breakfast “must have in my life” viewing to horrendous trash over the span of a couple of years.

BG Level

Ereck Flowers expected to start for the jags.

RIP Bortles.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Highly Questionable is the best show on TV, let alone ESPN

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Ereck Flowers expected to start for the jags.

RIP Bortles.
    Love it. Let's go Colts!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Gronk inactive

Sammy Watkins inactive

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

New Orleans expected to sign GMARSH

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That's bullshit. If the Sports teams were worried about upsetting their fans, then your avatar should not be a thing anymore.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Is Peterman better than Kaep?

Yes or No.
    Uncle rico is better than Peterman