Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s not that Mandau is /bad/ per say, it’s just that there are much better weapons that can be obtained for much less cost/effort, and generally when I see another THF with one it’s because they got it way back when and refuse to use anything else because of the amount of work that was done to get it.

Like I think my THF uses a dagger I got from Sinister Reign and the Sandung, both of which are already better.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I bought all the stuff for Sandung and didn't realize you had to clear an Ambu thinger or w/e. Went back and read it. What an idiot I am.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sandung is really not that good either these days. Like many Oboro JSE weapons, you can get a boatload of ACC on it via augment, but only after finishing RoV. It's otherwise just meh.

Ambuscade is only one of your options for opening up Ambuscade access (any level Intense, or Normal uh, Normal). You can also clear a Delve, clear a SKCNM20 (REM 1-5 fight) on D or above, or clear a HTB (merit fight) on N or above.

Much like Vedrfolnir or whatnot that you mentioned before, most of that is extremely easy for geared players. You could likely ask for help on that in shout and get one of them done inside 10 minutes. Or, if you have the Tenzen fight done for missions, get the KI for that and literally go sit in the zone for it. If you see people come through, ask if you can join them for a run. People tend to spam that one for REM upgrade materials because it's one of the easiest to do on VD.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Hopefully Funk will be on and tonight and I can get a pearl. Not sure who else is in the group or what not but sounds like we have a decent number on Sylph.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Hopefully Funk will be on and tonight and I can get a pearl. Not sure who else is in the group or what not but sounds like we have a decent number on Sylph.
    Ill be on, and we can do a prereq for you. We have about a party with more coming/returning.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I got you too, my name is Donon In game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebridge809 View Post
    Are all the summons easy to get these days? Do they require high fame? (and can this b increased by buying a specific item per region?)

Is it beneficial to have a job that can solo at 99 first? If so which options are available for this? Thanks
    i think CaitSith requires Wings of the goddess progress (maybe completed? I cant remember exactly.)

I cant remember exactly what you need for Atomos either, But Im not even sure if those two are particularly useful/required these days

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cait and Atomos are from completing WotG.

Atomos is 100% worthless. Cait is great for RR and vital for some Aeonic strats.
    Diabolos requires some CoP.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Like I think my THF uses a dagger I got from Sinister Reign and the Sandung, both of which are already better.
    The incorrect.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You right. There’s better daggers for damage for sure but the accuracy on sandung is p good if the rest of your gear isn’t up to snuff just yet.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    i think CaitSith requires Wings of the goddess progress (maybe completed? I cant remember exactly.)

I cant remember exactly what you need for Atomos either, But Im not even sure if those two are particularly useful/required these days
    Cait Sith lets you RR yourself and party, and also gives smn raise 2.

Also is fun to pull out when the party is about to fail and pray Holy ? goes off.

Atomos is useless, and I like to take him out now and then to yell at him about how useless he is.

But yes, both require WotG completion.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Atomos is funny for messing around and stealing some unique buffs, but otherwise rarely used.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Atomos is funny for messing around and stealing some unique buffs, but otherwise rarely used.
    Actually of solid use for the Yagudo NM in divergence, the buffs are very potent and then you can prevent them from applying after with distract and attack down. Various other uses, but it would matter more for a lowman group.