Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Looks like they finally corrected the WSD bug

Shame, funny, but shame shame, also expected, but still shame shame shame.

Campaign
    BG Level

I wasn't so sure the WSD was to be expected... personally I assumed that if they weren't going to fix it by the end of the year, they would've never fixed it.
    Wonder if they broke anything else related to WSD while trying to "fix" it?

You've played long enough to know better, lol. It doesn't matter how long it's "broken" they have no time limit on "fixes" See; GEO

Campaign
    BG Level

To be fair the GEO one was a "bug" that nobody was aware of and that nobody ever reported. This was known and reported to SE by multiple sources, even partially acknowledged by that.
    Truly in a situation like that if they weren't going to fix it within a few months, it was probably meant to be.

I mean it wasn't so unrealistic to make an hypothesys where WSD was actually broken before and always meant to apply to all hits but SE never noticed/cared or, alternatively, that they changed their plans/idea of balancement and decided to change it and make it apply to all hits.

I was against it btw, it made WS gearing much more boring if you ask me. But still, it wasn't to be taken for granted that they would've reverted it. It's too easy to say "see? I knew it!" after it happened

Obviously you can never tell, they have absolutely zero consistency in regards to fucking everything. It just wasn't unexpected.

Everything is on the table. They could do absolutely anything and not surprise me too much at this point... Except ACTUALLY raising the ilvl instead of just pretending new gear is still 119 when it's clearly better than previous 119

I'll just forever remain salty about T2 Enspells calculating on-strike instead of on-cast like T1s, myself.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey, I'm returning after over 10 years, was looking forward to leveling dark, dragoon, monk. Which I'll level for fun as it seems there not really viable endgame. Any advice on what to play for endgame content without gimping myself or not waiting hours for groups?

Blu, smn, cor, geo are what I see people are looking for mostly

Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Modern FFXI has a fairly wide range of activities that fall under endgame, so it's hard to really write off any jobs entirely. However, a big consideration is that there can be a massive difference in what a particular job brings to the table depending on job points, gear, and so on.

As ever, the consistent demand will be for tanks and support. Of those, support jobs are (usually) easier to include when undergeared, with different pros and cons. One of your best options there remains WHM. While Trust healers can be sufficient for a lot of low/mid tier stuff, their AI isn't awesome, so it's still a fairly low bar for a human player to be preferable.

GEO, BRD, and COR are all fairly simple to put together NQ buff setups for, and are often easy to include purely on those merits. Similar to WHM, it's not hard to beat out Trust options. That said, the appeal of a roll-only COR is fairly limited - a lot of the popularity of the job these days also accounts for its DD potential.

That said, after 10 years, you will have a lot of catching up to do, and you'll probably find a DD or more hybrid type job better suited to missions/quests/farming/etc. I would focus on setting that up first, and worry about a for-invites type job later (or find a group and see what'd be most useful to put the effort into).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

if you want to dd, take the time to at least get the relic at minimum and afterglow it. empy or mythic are often more appropriate but much more time consuming. this isn't required for content, but might as well be by shout standards especially on asura.

then as mentioned get a support or healer job to fall back on and gear it to a respectable level to make yourself more desirable.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Was reading DD Relics were outclassed now days by tons of weapons. That true?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

depends on the job really, but any 119 afterglow weapon is a good start for a returner and can be done completely solo with crap gear. i'd say do research based on job to see if you'd waste the money, but gil is extremely easy to make these days.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

hmm Mandau.... hmm....

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Are all the summons easy to get these days? Do they require high fame? (and can this b increased by buying a specific item per region?)

Is it beneficial to have a job that can solo at 99 first? If so which options are available for this? Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nothing has changed with them with respect to fame and the like. The biggest difference is simply convenience, as once you've been out to the various towns and cloisters and snagged the home points, warping around to repeat them is quick. Fame I think you can just repeat Only the Best in Selbina for Bastok/Sandy fame, and repeating Mandragora-Mad for Windurst is very simple these days since you can buy Cornettes for 50 Sparks apiece.

It'd probably help to level a job relatively high first, but they were doable solo at 75, so 99 is more than needed. Couldn't hurt though, and it'd make it easier to do Waking the Beast if you wanted (needed for Carbuncle HTB access).

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    hmm Mandau.... hmm....
    A THF asked to join a Divergence run about a week ago. I was going to invite them as I just wanted TH for the run. Until they said that they use Mandau, and so I said no thanks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    A THF asked to join a Divergence run about a week ago. I was going to invite them as I just wanted TH for the run. Until they said that they use Mandau, and so I said no thanks.
    Snaps that bad huh. I've been trying to use your Thf guide but I've come to the realization I'm as far as I can go solo besides doing RF2. I'm hoping I can put in work on BLU for more solo, but I think we'll put together a decent group on Sylph to get stuff going. I really enjoy your guides on the wiki.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is not a solo game is why. Especially if you haven't already obtained better gear to make soloing things easier.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    It is not a solo game is why. Especially if you haven't already obtained better gear to make soloing things easier.
    I can't even solo the Unity NM for the Kukri or even VE Galka on Thief. I'm iLvl 118 only main homestead and off eminent so yeah...lol.