Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

BUT THOSE SICK PRERENDERS, AND THAT ELVAAN ART DOG

I'm on the same page as Sirious on the Refriender stuff.

And comparing to Diablo, this isn't even in the same league, really. For starters, we've at least been hinted on the project years back with no outward indications it's been scrapped. From there, I can't bring myself to say FFXI has anywhere near the popularity of the Diablo franchise despite similarities in fan rejection like some not counting XI (or XIV) as a true FF game because of the MMO req, or D3 having its own forced online pr questionable dev choices. Both fandoms are obviously starving for rich content, but an FF fanfest getting highlighted by an unannounced mobile project isn't really the same as a broad "SE con" if they did that.

Can understand people wanting more, though, and will continue to assert that SE needs to reconsider their pricing schemes for XI if we're very largely in maintenance mode with no real hope of new jobs, abilities, zones, monsters, and so on that aren't very obvious recycling and reskins. It's just the best way to ease the game into its sunset and maybe draw the rare new blood instead of thinking the few hardcore addicts still running multiple accounts is where their base is.

Of course, total left field idea? Offline mode patch buy taking large advantage of the Trust system.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they wanna make an offline version I'm assuming it's to introduce the game's story and characters to new players and this means they have to basically remake the game. FFXI is super dated by now both graphically and in gameplay, only those that played it already would buy an offline version of it if nothing changed and I don't think that'd be a good look for the game anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This is out in left field, but maybe SE could announce a Classic server. I mean everyone else is doing it, latest being LOTRO.

The classic server craze is cancer, fite me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    The classic server craze is cancer, fite me.
    Nostalgia glasses in playerbase at it's finest. Surprised devs are actually going for it more and more.

So, the mobile version IS a classic/legacy server. Remember?

You're also silly if you think it's going to be a straight 1:1 port. The only reason it'll be vanilla/RotZ at launch is because they're going to need more time to convert the other expansions, most likely, and not because it's the "superior FFXI experience" or whatever the common tripe is. So, while the game may be old, certain aspects are going to undoubtedly be stripped down to better fit the mobile control scheme.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    So, the mobile version IS a classic/legacy server. Remember?
    Alternatively, when the mobile version comes out, it makes the existing PC game the de-facto Classic version. For as much as the game has changed over time, it has not seen the sort of ground-up rebuild that the mobile version represents before.

For as quiet as they've been with the mobile version, maybe it's coming to PC and Switch or something as well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m of the mindset the big announcement will be classic servers and/or mobile announcement. Just for funsies they’ll make the classic servers FTP but offer a level jump to 75 for...$9.99. Per job. So you can skip the horrors of old school leveling and jump right in to endgame fun, but at a price.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

See little to no chance of classic servers. Expecting mobile + addon scenarios

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The mobile game is gonna be a completely new version with all the mobile junk thrown in (stamina bars were in the first images a while back, by now it's probably full of microtransactions).

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Leaping Boots not dropping? pay $5.99 for a 24 hour TH boost!

May be hard to explain to my wife why I dropped $10 on a giant donko

Who wouldn't buy the $120 D.Ring package, though?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Honestly what's the difference between paying $120 up front or paying $12 a month for 10 months waiting for a drop.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Honestly what's the difference between paying $120 up front or paying $12 a month for 10 months waiting for a drop.
    You actually get the drop in the first scenario

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You actually get the drop in the first scenario
    Holy shit quoted for truth lol