1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Reunite with Past Comrades with the FFXI ReFriender!

"Wrong Section", but for the people who don't browse XI anymore; I figured the more widespread this is the more successful it is.

Marketing gimmick, but who knows.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...r!-(11-09-2018)

https://refriender.finalfantasyxi.com/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Twitter account necessary...
    Well, I'm out.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Would love to see someone get fired for looking me up and checking my twitter at work lul.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXI is also free login until Nov 20th if you have an old account, part of the "Return Home" campaign. Logging on for the free week around 11/11 for the last couple of years has been the extent of my FFXI gaming and every year it still surprises me how many folks are still around there. Also Vana'diel Rhapsody missions were pretty fun to do.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...wcb/index.html

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Didn't know FFXI was having a free week. Trying to log in now and well they still use playonline and its very slow downloading update files.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Didn't know FFXI was having a free week. Trying to log in now and well they still use playonline and its very slow downloading update files.
    That's all part of the charm; welcome people back by reminding them they're still using the same update process from 15 years ago.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And hopefully it's the first thing they announce getting the axe from XI come their event next month. Takes way too long to get into XI in general due to how slow POL is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good luck to anyone figuring out how to do that :D

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Updating a PS2-era client? I wish you the goddamn best, haha.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And then if you in your nostalgia high suddenly think that this might still be kinda fun to play for a bit (especially post-Rhapsodies after you have gotten all the key items that boost your XP gain and hey there was that Maat's cap you never bothered to get before) and think you might resub only to realise they still charge the same fee they did 15 years ago plus you have to pay for your mules plus they have added extra inventory you can also pay for so sod that. Goobbue mount from the login campaign is my main achievement of this free login period.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The thing that gets me the most is lack of direction in game quest help. After playing FFXIV so long going back to FFXI and basically having to look up on a wiki everything you have to do, and they may not have the best directions on what to do so you have to look up another one. It's funny how modern gaming tells you everywhere that you need to go or do FFXI is like none of that, but its not like I was expecting it to change.

Where do you get that mount?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

spend login points for mount. badwiki is still best for detailed mission walkthroughs, except maybe rhapsodies.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

500 login points to get the item to unlock the mount, if you haven't played in so long you haven't unlocked mounts yet there is a quest in Upper Jeuno chocobo stables from a taru dressed in chocobo costume. Do the minigame/quest and after that you can just trade mount items to her to unlock them permanently. Honestly they have done so many ease of life adjustments in XI it's unbelieveable. Downside is that with their spaghetti code it's all over the place and some things are just unnecessarily complicated. To directly go to certain zones you can use homepoint warp which is great, other places you can use voidwatch warp to, but, also, there is the survival book system that lets you warp to certain places and then of course the good old-fashioned telepoints and outpost warps but wait, there is more! You can also speed travel around the world using the proto-waypoints and within Adoulin zones the actual waypoint system. Did I forget anything? XP is also boosted out of the wazoo and the trust system is goddamn brilliant for low level leveling and quests/missions.

But do you still have to remember to click on doors to have them open for you? Hell yes you do. And oh god it took me a whole evening to do DRK AF quests (because I was doing basic stuff to remind myself how to play it) just because the damn Quadav Mage Blood item didn't drop. I remember now why I played this game for so long, everything took absolutely forever.