Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What Server Are You On?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bahamut

9 10.98%
  • Bismark

1 1.22%
  • Carbuncle

3 3.66%
  • Cerberus

2 2.44%
  • Fenrir

2 2.44%
  • Lakshmi

3 3.66%
  • Leviathan

3 3.66%
  • Odin

9 10.98%
  • Phoenix

1 1.22%
  • Quetzalcoatl

5 6.10%
  • Ragnarok

4 4.88%
  • Shiva

4 4.88%
  • Siren

3 3.66%
  • Sylph

5 6.10%
  • Valefor

2 2.44%
  • Asura

26 31.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFXI BG LS in late 2018?!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I'm down. Would like to get back into Omen, Ambuscade, and Dyna-D.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hubby and I are on Ragnarok. If this was like two months ago we would have totally jumped servers as we couldn't find anyone and were planning on moving to something more populated.

But we managed to get into an endgame LS with good people and strong leaders, so I think we're pretty settled now where we are. :/

I wish you luck though!

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If you're going to make a non-Bahamut LS (not that the Bahamut one is alive anyway though) that uses the BG name, might want to run it by Sono first.

I'm not active, just play during free periods (unless my PC is borked like atm), but Bahamut always seemed to have an ambuscade wait when I was on, so if that's a sign of decent activity, there you go.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I was more so thinking BG'ers in a LS but not a BG name necessarily. Ksan, sell one of your kids for the server transfer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would for sure be up to making a linkshell if anyone comes over to Sylph. One of my long time buddies is here now and we have been messing around a bit, but with only two of us we are limited on Ambuscade/Omen/etc.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I would for sure be up to making a linkshell if anyone comes over to Sylph. One of my long time buddies is here now and we have been messing around a bit, but with only two of us we are limited on Ambuscade/Omen/etc.
    Well, I'm down. I have to update my payment info anyways tonight so I'll make the switch. Lord knows I have a fuck ton of shit to work on, mainly XML's. I spent all day yesterday meriting and spamming One to be Feared 2 for Thf relic +2 shoes. While it seems tedious, I actually had a lot of fun doing it. I tried doing the big bird in Cape T but I literally couldn't do enough damage to put in down in the time limit!!!

Anyways, I've been having a lot of fun. Even tho it's PS2 graphics I have been enjoying everywhere I go and the content I've been doing. Still have a ton of missions to do, mainly WoTG, ToAU, and the new ones. But for now, this is my jam.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So Ragnarok and Sylph will be on my short list going forward (was considering Ragnarok anyway). I've got a second guy with BLU and Yagrush WHM that would probably come with me.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

I'd like to play again but I can't find my playonline ID and have no memory of what it was... so I'd have to start over and that sounds terrible.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just came back yesterday, joined Shiva randomly but would be into possibly moving since I'm starting fresh anyways.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    I'd like to play again but I can't find my playonline ID and have no memory of what it was... so I'd have to start over and that sounds terrible.
    It's incredibly easy. You can have up to parts of ToAU. A little tedious at times, and maybe it was just the nostalgia but I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I just came back yesterday, joined Shiva randomly but would be into possibly moving since I'm starting fresh anyways.
    Good timing!

Funk, what time zone? I'm EST. I wouldn't do Rag just because I know Ksan is PST.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    It's incredibly easy. You can have up to parts of ToAU. A little tedious at times, and maybe it was just the nostalgia but I really enjoyed it.

Good timing!

Funk, what time zone? I'm EST. I wouldn't do Rag just because I know Ksan is PST.
    Can you solo quests and missions and such now? I have no time for parties of 3+

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Story line like ZM, CoP, etc yet. SoA I'm not sure. I've done literally everything by myself with trusts. Same with the battle zones like One To Be Feared II. Yeah I have to do very easy which doesn't yield as many rewards, but I get stuff done. And I kinda like it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Well, I'm down. I have to update my payment info anyways tonight so I'll make the switch. Lord knows I have a fuck ton of shit to work on, mainly XML's. I spent all day yesterday meriting and spamming One to be Feared 2 for Thf relic +2 shoes. While it seems tedious, I actually had a lot of fun doing it. I tried doing the big bird in Cape T but I literally couldn't do enough damage to put in down in the time limit!!!

Anyways, I've been having a lot of fun. Even tho it's PS2 graphics I have been enjoying everywhere I go and the content I've been doing. Still have a ton of missions to do, mainly WoTG, ToAU, and the new ones. But for now, this is my jam.
    Wait, did they change those merit BCs in the past 6 months or whatever? Or are you talking about the chapters to go from 109>119?

Last week was the first time I played since Spring. Weird timing with holidays and all that stuff coming up, so we'll see if I feel like sticking around. My time right now is just kind of re-familiarizing myself with stuff and doing random stupid shit. If I don't get bored in about 3 weeks and just stop logging in, I'll probably end up transferring some time this winter. It's just a matter of where and when.

So yeah, if a bunch of you do end up migrating and making a group somewhere, I'd probably be interested, even if I'm not likely to make the jump immediately.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Odin is the only answer.

Not currently subbed but considering it after New year's.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can pretty much play FFXI as a single player game through to mid tier endgame or so. More realistically, however, you'd be looking at hitting 99, getting your Sparks/Bayld/etc freebie type ilevel gear, and starting to look at grouping up or getting some help. It's much, much faster to get current gear by doing that than working your way through obsolete content just to slowly improve.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    You can pretty much play FFXI as a single player game through to mid tier endgame or so. More realistically, however, you'd be looking at hitting 99, getting your Sparks/Bayld/etc freebie type ilevel gear, and starting to look at grouping up or getting some help. It's much, much faster to get current gear by doing that than working your way through obsolete content just to slowly improve.
    From the Thief guide Ryan made I've been doing what I can solo before grouping up. Isiolia is right in that you can do everything alone and fast for the old stuff. While a lot of it is obsolete I still enjoy getting to do it just for the fact I want to "win" at it. Ridill, one day I will hold you.....

I get home around 5:45 p.m. EST today and hopefully will be making the change to Sylph. Some others have reached out and it looks like the best spot for me since peeps are on central or eastern time.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I also recommend thf as a great starter solo job, as you can farm dynamis easily with shit gear to get the gils for better gear on thf and/or any other job you want to play.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sylph here. I'm tied down mainly to having a great group of players during my play time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Sylph here. I'm tied down mainly to having a great group of players during my play time.
    You were one of the Beastmaster's I was always in awe of gear wise!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Asura is trash. Ragnarok you pretty much own the server by yourself.
    So on second though, don't come to Rag.

But yeah, if you ever need help with anything your SOL unless you're in a good LS.