• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Was gifted with an iPhone 7, good free apps to have?

My galaxy s5 took a shit and an iPhone fell into my lap.

A lot of the apps I used aren't here with apple. What are some good recommended apps for a new phone?

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Whatever you had on your previous phone, less than 1% of apps are platform-exclusive anymore.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Whatever you had on your previous phone, less than 1% of apps are platform-exclusive anymore.
    Aside from games, none of the apps I used on android are on iOS, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by thomida View Post
    It depends on what you need. What are you looking for?
    Just in general really, but if we're talking specific, something for reddit. Reddit is fun (I used for android) is absent here

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    At the beginning of 2018 Apple Store had 2.2m apps, and Goggle Store had 3.5m apps. That's a 40% difference. Google saw 1.5m new apps in 2017, and Apple saw 750k.

Granted Google store is more open, easier to dev, less stringent, etcetc. But it's no where near 1%. Maybe if youre looking at the top 100 grossing or popular apps, then maybe you'd see 1%, but they both have a ton of niche apps. I have run across tons of legit apps that are not cross platform, and a lot of the times do not have good alternatives.

CS, ask the person who gave it to you if theyd care if you sold it on ebay and got a droid.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I mean this is a clear upgrade from the s5 so I'm not complaining. Don't really feel like going through the trouble of selling this and then buying something as good/better for the same price I sold this for, esp since I just bought a charging case for it

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Don’t worry, haters gonna hate.

One app recommendation is Google photos. Android should have already came with it, but with iPhone you have to install it. Even though iPhone has a photo app, you’ll still want the google one for unlimited storage.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Also, since you’re interested in iPhone apps, DL the iMovie maker one and have some fun.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Awesome will download it immediately since multiple recommendations; thanks

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nep & Friends.

Piggybacking off this since I didn't think it warranted it's own thread...

Phone I got through StraightTalk has the portable wifi hotspot feature disabled and, far as I can tell, hasn't been rooted and thus no custom firmware with it. I'm hoping that there might be an Android app that could either unlock the feature or serve as a workaround in some manner, but it seems like anything I find on Google Play is junk/scammy and after a point I just don't want to risk installing random shit. Anyone know of anything in this vein that's free, or at least a low one-time buy? I don't plan on watching movies or anything through it, just want to tether my tablet to it for the lesser demanding mobile games I like to play if out and about since this phone's storage is also ass.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Piggybacking off this since I didn't think it warranted it's own thread...

Phone I got through StraightTalk has the portable wifi hotspot feature disabled and, far as I can tell, hasn't been rooted and thus no custom firmware with it. I'm hoping that there might be an Android app that could either unlock the feature or serve as a workaround in some manner, but it seems like anything I find on Google Play is junk/scammy and after a point I just don't want to risk installing random shit. Anyone know of anything in this vein that's free, or at least a low one-time buy? I don't plan on watching movies or anything through it, just want to tether my tablet to it for the lesser demanding mobile games I like to play if out and about since this phone's storage is also ass.
    There are no apps and you need to root it to bypass the lock:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/263785/how...ier-blocks-it/