1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    Holy shit why is this an advert LOL

This is pretty great.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What the heck :D

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Surplus exp, exp being given as random procs after doing an action instead of after killing a mob, the whole UI being server side and lagging to hell and back and a long, long list.
    I'm sure when people say they miss 1.0, they don't mean actual fucking v1.0, they're talking the later iterations of it after YoshiP's crew removed a lot of the BS regarding the leveling system, craft mat/extra-class requirements(which all got dumped into a "dated" recipe category when they implemented a whole revamp of the recipe list), and slight UI improvements (still a mess though on that end).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

^^^ That, no one misses release FFXIV 1.0. They miss some of the interesting concepts and content that were introduced with 1.18 - 1.23. Server lag and the UI was still hot garbage and I doubt you'll find anyone defending that shit. Animation lock is whatever, it's not generally a deal breaker but XIV 1.0 had some disgustingly long locks. I honestly miss being able to just job change mid dungeon to tackle pulls and bosses in a different way, balance be damned, and wouldn't mind if they tested a new dungeon/content that encourages it. Doing that made you feel like the cutscene WoL midlander that just job changes during his fights.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'll never forget how goddamn dissapointing the market wards were in original 1.0. God, trying to find a spot in that stupid room and seeing 50 people just pop in and pop out at random.

Ugh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I firmly believe the Market Wards to be one of the 7 hells in FFXIV dedicated to people who massively undercut the MB for no god damn reason, price fix, and bot.

Its where people go to forever search for the one item they need to finish their synth but can never find a retainer with it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Market Wards was a "right idea, wrong execution" deal. It should have complemented an AH, not 'been' the AH solution. Least it was sorta turned into an AH later in its life where you could just buy directly from the Market Wards trigger box in town. Least it had a search menu from the get go I suppose, which made it better to sift through vs. RolanberryMart in XI.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Bazaars were used in XI because the AH could sometimes be a harsh mistress. Not knowing exactly what you're going to spend on something, racing to outbid others on a single item etc. The XIV MB system is straightforward and much preferable to either the AH or bazaar system and it's what it should have had from the start.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bazaar was mostly used because a lot of the currency/pop-item related bs was excluded from AH. Otherwise it was stuck with rare stuff that would sell slowly on AH and causing gil loss due to taxes of refreshing it when it gets de-listed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

GNB got adjustments

Sonic Break
    Potency 100 - damage overtime Potency 90 - Duration 30sec - recast 60 sec

No Mercy
    now 20%

Gnashing fang
    30sec

Heart of Light
    10% magical dmg taken instead of um 15 damage taken for Party

Superbolide
    360sec

Blasting zone
    800 potency

LB 3 called Gunmetal Soul

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Still doesn't fix their worthless oshit button.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, they need to go back to the drawing board with that one... it's so bad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean it's almost certainly better than DRKs now. its not PLD, but the recast was the biggest problem

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Where's the info from btw?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Where's the info from btw?
    http://www.eorzean.info/archives/32357579.html

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I mean it's almost certainly better than DRKs now. its not PLD, but the recast was the biggest problem
    not by a lot. used correctly living dead lasts longer, they both require the user to be healed to full after use, and superbolide is still on a longer cooldown. the only downside Living Dead has in comparison is that it requires 100% HP before it expires, but if you aren't blowing cooldowns to heal the gunbreaker up before invincibility drops they're as good as dead too. Holmgang is still the best and Hallowed Ground is close behind.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm no high end healer so what do I know, but I imagine the difference between having to pop ben and having to pop a minor single target CD(or two) isn't insignificant. bear in mind the GNB can also be healed during his immunity, self heals included

there's no arguing holmgang and hallowed aren't king and queen of immunities, but "worthless" and "so bad" are pretty hyperbolic given it's at least on par with one that's been around for several years now

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Being on par with an invuln skill that is rarely, if ever, used isn't much of an accolade though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    ...what do I know...
    ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's literally a worse Hallowed Ground, how is that not bad? I don't have to babysit a PLD when they drop theirs. When you consider tank balance I think it's perfectly fair to compare their similar utilities and DRK's inv. skill has been awful since its release as well. That doesn't make GNB bad on its own but it's a weakness in their kit for sure.
    Unless you're a WHM you have to pray your DRK doesn't use that skill because you'll be wasting so many abilities trying to top them off afterwards.