1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

While playing Mnk and trying to keep GL up now is quite frustrating, the amount of punishment they can put out now with bootshine/lead first is crazy. 300 potency attack every 10 seconds or so that's almost always guaranteed crit is quite fun. However also ended up just removing TK from my bar as it's basically useless now. Really surprised they didn't buff it's potency like everything else.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    dunno where to even start. it's incredibly playable; dungeons are not hard because combat requirements; MP management was tightened for everyone who isn't WHM; their healing kit was expanded markedly; they've never had more time to freely DPS
    I went on a dungeon as sch for that sweet adventurer in need bonus. Never really played it much before, spent most of the time spamming art of war and pulling aggro off the tank lol good times.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Made some alarm macros for gatherers. This is the first four items, prolly doesn't cover all the possible daily rotations but the last zone is a spoiler so I didn't include it.

Spoiler: show

/alarm "Min Mheg 1" et rp 0600 2
    /alarm "Bot Khol 1" et rp 1000 2
    /alarm "Bot Mheg 2" et rp 1200 2
    /alarm "Min Khol 2" et rp 1400 2
    /alarm "Min Mheg 2" et rp 1800 2
    /alarm "Bot Khol 2" et rp 2200 2
    /alarm "Bot Mheg 1" et rp 0000 2
    /alarm "Min Khol 1" et rp 0200 2
    /alarm "Bot Lake 1" et rp 1000 2
    /alarm "Min Amh 2" et rp 1200 2
    /alarm "Bot Rak 2" et rp 1200 2
    /alarm "Min Rak 2" et rp 1600 2
    /alarm "Bot Lake 2" et rp 2200 2
    /alarm "Min Amh 1" et rp 0000 2
    /alarm "Bot Rak 1" et rp 0000 2
    /alarm "Min Rak 1" et rp 0400 2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For those who enjoyed SCH as it was before and has been playing the job since ARR "boring and unintuitive" is unplayable lol. I'll give it another chance at 80 but so far it's a failure of a rework in my eyes. And by unplayable I mean in a personal sense, I can't stand seeing the job in this sorry state. Both SCH and AST are in dire need of more MP regeneration or some reduction in costs, it's absurd how WHM can never run out and these two are so restricted by MP.

At least there's always Refre-oh.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So as a tank, I can just breathe on a mob and it's glued to me for the entire fight. No threat dynamics, no balancing dps and threat anymore. Just run in and start spamming. Not liking this change at all.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Duty Finder borked? First trial 42 min queue so far.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

ive heard the same. people are here telling stories while waiting. one guy said he has a full group ready to go and theyve been waiting for 25 minutes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DFer instances aren't resetting after they've been cleared per lodestone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    DFer instances aren't resetting after they've been cleared per lodestone.
    Lol what? How the hell is this happening? Man this'll be a long weekend for them if it isn't fixed quickly, having to manually reset instances and all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanoko View Post
    So as a tank, I can just breathe on a mob and it's glued to me for the entire fight. No threat dynamics, no balancing dps and threat anymore. Just run in and start spamming. Not liking this change at all.
    imagine wanting intermittent damage loss

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

man SCH is so insanely powerful in trials. literally a solution for everything at any given time

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This game hardly had threat dynamics in the first place. Group of mobs? 2 AOEs and you're good till they die after 15 seconds anyway. Boss fight? 2 hate combos and you'll never have to worry about it again. It's not like XI where other jobs had to worry about hate and you had to balance out DPS with VE/CE while taking less dmg so you shed less hate. It's just super simple here, and now they dropped the pretenses and let us just enjoy the other abilities from the start lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Plus now PLD isn't absolute garbage when it comes to pulling initial aggro.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The AOE dmg increase for PLD from like, 2 years ago to today is absolutely insane lol. Nothing but flash and Circle of Scorn for so long and now we have some actual shit to do lol

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

This and tank stance having zero penalty other than something is going to hit you in the face is boring. Thanks Casualbringers.

On a better note after finishing the main story, YOOOOO THAT FINAL STORY DUNGEON WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

there was nothing engaging about having tank stance up for your first boring combo and then taking it off

unless your group was bad, and you kept it on the whole time, which was similarly uninspired

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

unless your group was bad, and you kept it on the whole time, which was similarly uninspired
    And bad

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Going to repeat myself, just wrapped up the 73 set of quests, DAMN SE, where have you been hiding this stuff the last few years, you still have it.
    (disclaimer about the next 7 levels of quests)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

there was nothing engaging about having tank stance up for your first boring combo and then taking it off

I can't speak for 3.0 or 4.0, but that's now how 2.0 worked, at all. Further proof they've been stripping out mechanics and in doing so, lowering the skill cap.