1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Expect them when Savage comes out. I still have my red crafter script for it

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    And here I am using the 600gp Discerning Eye rotation with shit RNG on it like a sucker...
    Yeah the DE rotation was what I was using. Breaking the 500 collectible point was easy, but was just a matter of how many I could collect with procs

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Finished the story today... what can I say except what everyone else has been saying? This expansion has the best writing, the best immersion, and the most agency given to your own character. For once your player character feel like an organic part of the story, and actual friends with the NPCs around you, instead of some deus ex machina self-insert hero being worshipped by they who are not worthy. The zones, music and humor blew me away and I actually love the change from individual job quests to role quests and reputation systems. It seems like those systems open the team up to doing a lot more interesting things instead of just trying to bang out 20 mediocre storylines for each class. Also finally getting answers to some of the most burning questions in the game is refreshing. Sucks that I won't be able to play for a while after today but I'm glad I got to finish the main story and I'll be looking forward to returning to finish all the other stuff I wanna do.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone started the white gatherer script train? I'm about to crack 80 on both btn/min and want to know what I'm looking at.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Anyone else playing DNC? Thoughts? I'm loving it, personally. It's exceedingly fluid, and while (i think) a bit OVER-nerfed from pre-release, i think it's in a good spot. Everytime I join an EX, the first blm or sam to spot me hits me up to be my partner, lol, fantastic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DNC adds like 1k to my dps its insane i love it

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

yeah. my opener burst is silly, i get up to 18k ST until i run out of procs, lol, then i settle in around 7-8k

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I messed around with DNC after unlocking it and it seems hella fun. gotta get all my retainer jobs out of the way before I can get it to 80 though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It does feel pretty fluid, even when considering it relies on procs. And it's just too fun how it melts groups of mobs, lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

oh, aoe pulls are nasty. i thought i was bossing one pull when i saw 21k next to my name, but i looked and saw my SAM doing fucking 26k, holy shit

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Apparently RDM plows through MP fast, though I haven't had issues with MP yet, but from what people have been saying, > 3 raises can shut the job down, in addition to the general mp spending being greater than the mp return from lucid. I suppose, this issue will rear itself in situations where you're carrying all the DPS.

As for damage, most I've done was a 29k DH. Yeah nice to look at.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Apparently RDM plows through MP fast, though I haven't had issues with MP yet, but from what people have been saying, > 3 raises can shut the job down, in addition to the general mp spending being greater than the mp return from lucid. I suppose, this issue will rear itself in situations where you're carrying all the DPS.

Yeah, and you need to use Lucid pretty regularly. Long fights will run you out of MP even without raises. When raising multiple people I have to stop DPSing almost entirely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

On that subject, anyone tested Piety yet if it has any value now?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    DNC adds like 1k to my dps its insane i love it
    It will be interesting to see how meta handles dnc given it's the lowest single target dps in the game right now, while bard is fucking disgusting right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It will be interesting to see how meta handles dnc given it's the lowest single target dps in the game right now, while bard is fucking disgusting right now.
    I think for savage our ranged guy is swapping from DNC to BRD and our NIN is gonna jump ship for MNK.

DRG right now is a fair and balanced class *Coughs* and as a DRG main I love it.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Probably not the best place for this question, but finally going to have some time this weekend to dig in to the expansion. Wondering if I should use the MSQ XP on my MNK in the hopes that everyone levelling GUN will make DPS queue times less miserable, or if I should just plow throw it on PLD and level MNK another way afterwards?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly with FATEs designed the way they are the EXP from them can get pretty insane especially if you get the exp buff from it to the point that it doesn't matter?

In any case if you're trying to 100% things in the game like leveling up Trusts in the post-game you'll probably want to save two or three DPS and Tank jobs to do it.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

Can confirm. Blitzed it to 80 as 2nd job and if a boss battle rolls for a while Lucid gets slammed on cooldown. If I did more than 2 raises I was in trouble generally. Bring ether pots.

My decision to level MCH first to 80 was correct. I'm in love with the feel of the rotation and the feel of the job in general.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I love the new bard rotation, finished the expansion last night and damn if I didnt get hype and tear up at the same time.

feels well worth it