1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

On another side, WHM feels amazing and I'm having a blast with it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    If you said anything about how clunky and awful it was to use I didn't see that. Just because I praised 1 aspect of it doesn't mean I agree with you or said what you said. You said it was fine, I said it was not; here's why.

These aren't the same posts.

Synastry got nerfed for some reason, CU got fucked, CO got completely fucked, and Celestial Intersection and Horoscope are the only marginally useful things...but still weak.

AST is not in a good place.
    I said the clunkiest parts probably needed a rework. I can quote my post, if you'd like

I went on to say their healing potential was too low, and needed to be buffed. Again, I can quote my post if you'd like

I was literally responding to someone saying they enjoyed the new card system, which I added that the general consensus of that part of the job isn't nearly as negative as it was initially

take a breath.

It's good

It's bad

We're saying the same thing! I mean...ok then.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

edit: nevermind bud. Carry on

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

did you ever think maybe card's weren't meant to be weaved between spells. that's why people think it's clunky. that's like saying dance's are clunky because you cant use skills between each dance step.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean its why they finally thankfully reduced the cast time of their spells to 1.5 GCD before ShB even hit.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I mean its why they finally thankfully reduced the cast time of their spells to 1.5 GCD before ShB even hit.
    This. The job is very clearly designed to be weaving cards between spells. The problem is how many times you ahve to press the fucking button to apply a single card.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Maybe this whole time we were supposed to be weaving our spells between cards

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Found the guy still playing 3.5 AST

Spoiler: show
    20% balance yo

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If anything, the changes to WHM seem to have doubled the population of SCHs lol, and this is a job that got stripped bad. They are all I see in DF, aside from the few WHMs here and there. AST seems to be on the critically endangered list, having partied only with a grand total of 3 since this expansion came out.

I changed my main from RDM to DNC, and I initially regretted it, since the difference of damage between the two become noticeable right away, but the strong support side of the job appealed to me. I feel bad though if the other DPS isn't good. I can't carry groups with regular ol' DNC damage.

I only wish that SE tweaks the RNG for it. 50% is definitely not 50%. It is more like 20%.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I love playing with a dancer. Fully buffed up full thrust jumps up in damage by like 10k for me, it's great

Also Stardiver is both gorgeous and fun as fuck to use

Also also I finally finished the story yesterday and I goddamn loved it! So good!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    If anything, the changes to WHM seem to have doubled the population of SCHs lol, and this is a job that got stripped bad. They are all I see in DF, aside from the few WHMs here and there. AST seems to be on the critically endangered list, having partied only with a grand total of 3 since this expansion came out.

I changed my main from RDM to DNC, and I initially regretted it, since the difference of damage between the two become noticeable right away, but the strong support side of the job appealed to me. I feel bad though if the other DPS isn't good. I can't carry groups with regular ol' DNC damage.

I only wish that SE tweaks the RNG for it. 50% is definitely not 50%. It is more like 20%.
    Strange, all I've seen in dungeons as a tank is WHMs...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yeah i see mostly whm and ast and almost no sch's

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I see no SCHs in dungeons, but plenty in EX trials

makes sense, they're insanely powerful

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

AST is definitely gonna be a job I level while finishing my FATE grind. As functional if unfun as they may be in 8-man content, dungeons look like a truly miserable experience with their low burst heals and lack of stun

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

maybe i'm weird but i absolutely loved leveling Ast in dungeons. but i'm weird and require a certain level of challenge. leveling sch bored me to tears because it's healing is so easy and non interactive. wich is one of the reasons i didnt like Ast in stormblood. too easy = boring. some challenge and hardship can be fun. sch might be more fun for me if something like emergency tactics effect stayed active for 10 seconds or something.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I take it Sch and Smn leveling are still tied together? Now that I have dragoon done, I wanted to do those next but I'm torn between quick queues for Sch and playing revamped Smn

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

XP is still gained on the base job of Arcanist, so yes they are still tied.

Their job skills have been seperated and their style of play are completely different now. You will have to replace a bunch of your hot keys even for common skills.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I messed around with my setups a little at the launch of ShB and noticed just how drastically different they both are now. And I barely touched Smn during SB too so I'm really interested to see how it plays now with its revamped style

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Weeee I finally finished MSQ. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last two dungeons and last two trials were suitably epic as all hell. I’ll probably have more thoughts after digesting more, but man, it was good.