1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

gross

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

not as gross as keeping me from decorating my house with sights from the first, but gross none the less

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nin TA being changed to no buff but a 3k potency on the same timer. Unshackle nin's from doing a metric fuckton of work for the second lowest overall Rdps.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When I was leveling WAR from 70-> 80 this weekend, how ham I could go on pulls was dependent on what healer I got. WHM? Go full ham, np. SCH? Half ham, maybe full ham if they were good on opening pulls. AST? No ham, one group at a time, use all cooldowns. Was not fun.

I'm pretty much all over the place with what I'd like to see for RDM. Some things basic, others more drastic. But I do think MP tweaks are generally high up there and would more controversially be okay with getting rid of Verraise for some power elsewhere.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean I feel you but everyone can't be selfish DPS

RDM is meant to be simple to execute well, and provide support cushion for struggle busses in exchange for average DPS

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The MP issue wouldn't be so bad if our DPS was better. Our low DPS is suppose to make up for the versatility, but the MP issues make versatility near non-existent without also tanking our DPS to near nothing.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There are a lot of job changes needed, AST being foremost broken followed by RDM and NIN, a lot of this stuff is "I don't know what they were thinking" levels of stupid when you compare to the SB status quo.

I don't really know what would fix AST for me at this point if they keep the card effects the same. The fun of AST was being able to give out versatile buffs depending on the situation. Everyone oom? Ewer, and Bole the tank for good measure. The idea that you could use a card to save a run was so exhilarating. The fact that there were jobs that utilized arrow better and jobs that utilized spear better just underlines how the buffs were really different and not just a one size fits all dps increase. I understand with TP gone Spire would have to change, and sweeping changes to the way jobs function means spear wouldn't help bard as much anymore etc so Balance is prob always going to be best now but... it didn't just kill the fun of the job, it also took a machete to the entire lore of the job which is not cool.

DNC does fill the void a little bit since it's also a buff job with different buffs available, but it's not the same. AST was so cool and unique and I was in love with it, and now it's totally ruined. Not to mention its slew of other problems. I'll be interested to see if the dev team even bothers to try to fix AST but I have the feeling that AST is gonna be the odd healer out this expac.

SCH definitely needs something else to do with Aetherflow; having Energy Drain back would give it a dps/mp refill option which is probably ideal, but anything that isn't a heal/shield could be good. I would also like to see SCH be able to preload aetherflow again. It's stupid to not be able to use most of your important abilities until you're in combat.

I find it funny that SE hacked away a lot of each job's unique/utility mechanics (however tedious those were - most of the changes were good) but left NIN to deal with the burden of Trick Attack and tanked their personal dps to boot. Just a really weird choice considering how merciless they were with making sure every job was on an "even playing field" desirability-wise even at the cost of some jobs' lore/identities.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Where my hydatos stage relic replicas at

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I mean I feel you but everyone can't be selfish DPS

RDM is meant to be simple to execute well, and provide support cushion for struggle busses in exchange for average DPS

And I'd say "fun to play" shouldn't be forsaken for "simple to execute" but I'm not even really asking to force some idiotic rotation on the job.

MP issues aside, the melee aspect of the job just feels grossly underwhelming. For as long as it takes to build a full gauge, it's drained in 3 melee GCDs for questionable output before you're back to being a mediocre BLM. It'd be nice if they cut the build-up phase by 30-50%, improved buffed melee damage by at least 25%, and perhaps slap an MP recovery on the buffed version of the third combo step so we're not riding Lucid so hard. I also wouldn't be against changing Verflare/Verholy to potentially be procs off Verfire/Verstone that can supercharge their respective bar and possibly even temporarily overcharge to allow lengthened melee combos.

Of course, that doesn't even touch AoEs or those that might want more of an inverse style of the melee fueling the magic, but that's something I'd expect to never happen at this point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe in 6.0 when RDM and SAM are due for a tiny rework instead of +1 abilities.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just want some engine-level changes to make double-weaving feasible at 150ms, because a lot of the issue is client-side delays (99% of the offgcd skills have a minimum wait after executing before it allows another queue'd skill to follow through) in addition to waiting on server response. They can rectify the client-side end of things.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Speaking of skill queue, does Sprint queue up like a normal skill or does it function like a macro? Cause i keep trying to use it as an off gcd but sometimes it doesn't fire.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it works like an oGCD? I'm usually spamming it without a macro to activate it. It can be funky at times.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Welp, AST's card situation is still shit but at least sleeve draw makes more sense now and honestly most of its major problems should be fixed. It should at least be less hellish to use now.

Sch got energy drain back \o/ rejoice. And RDM is fixed now too.

MNKs must be very happy... too bad NINs got shit on.

Overall about what was expected, with the added bonus of MNK surprise.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Least you can play a single card skill between AoE heals now on AST. Still a mess of a job to play though when I'd rather just focus on the mechanics of the fight.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Trust NPC EXP increase is funny. Sucks for everyone who already capped them all

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol new titan phase

Holy crap Mnk is stupid good now. You pretty much never lose GL ever and no more Riddle of Fire slowdown feels so good. They finally listened after years and I love it lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My paintings