1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SE is offering a free Fantasia with purchase of 60 day time card from the SE store, not a bad deal if you are gonna be playing anyway.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That would wholly depend on whether you use Entry subscription pricing or Standard. With the way the game is setup I'm surprised people even pay the $2/mo extra for Standard.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I had to switch to standard from entry to use the timecard I bought for the black chocobo promo.

Switching back once timecard is over.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Can I ditch the lv80 AF I bought from whatshisname? Is it re-buyable?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think so?

They're gonna do another eureka with it for sure.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

don’t even have to purchase it. When it’s no longer on your person, it’s available in his menu again

It’s excellent for gearing combat retainers

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

oh, nice! thanks

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that too and just threw them in the retainer to see if they were re-buyable before tossing mine out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why are Zoureskin maps selling for so much?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Why are Zoureskin maps selling for so much?
    afaik, source of the material used for that quite busty sweater (or opening the portal for that, not 100% sure)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah was surprised when I came back from my business trip today. Prices went from like 80k to 230k+

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got one from WT and was like yeah baby CHA CHING

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They went up because they just added the treasure dungeon. Leather and cloth for glamours, lumber for bed mount, scamming yourself out of more gil overall than just selling the maps unless you're mad lucky... I mean uh never mind that last one

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sch melds on crafted 450 gear? Basically Critical hit/Det till you run out of slots?

My piety is 1998, I get anything for breaking 2k?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone posted it, what is the best way to turn poetics into gil?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sch melds on crafted 450 gear? Basically Critical hit/Det till you run out of slots?

My piety is 1998, I get anything for breaking 2k?
    Do Piety until you're MP neutral when spamming offensive GCDs if you have issues with MP.

Otherwise Spell Speed to season. Then Crit > Det > DH

Someone posted it, what is the best way to turn poetics into gil?
    Demicrystals convert 50 poetics to 500 gil (And 1k if you take it to doma)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Depending on the prices on your server Bones/Shells/etc. are way better than demicrystals. Can trade them for Grade 3 soils. Shell = shroud, Ore = thanalan

Soil just has to be over 1500gil a piece which, it should always be at least 10x that normally

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So finally finished up the MSQ, some random ramblings

Spoiler: show
    Everything leading up to the first light warden was pretty good, and the cutting open the Everlasting Light to reveal the night sky was a neat shot, vocals etc but once that Eulmore general showed up stuff seemed to go downhill a bit.

It seemed like they were trying to set him up as the First's Zenos at least in terms of his fighting ability but he didn't really get fleshed out, so much so that I don't even remember his name. The only character depth he got was literally with his dying words and it seemed like that could have been explored way more, like with a some echo flashbacks or even a segment where you play as him showing him failing to protect past Minfilia's or even succeeding in killing a warden and watching her turn could have built up why he's given up on fighting the Sin Eaters and just wants to toss Ryne under the stairs forever but it just ended feeling like he follows Vauthry just cuz blind loyalty or something.

Thancred's relationship to Ryne also seemed a bit weird too, I feel like we needed a glimpse of them interacting before he talked to the Source's Minfilia acting actually fatherly then growing more distant as he wrestled with doubts about getting her back or whatever and then moving past it after his fight with what's him name. It just ended up seeming like he was always a jerk, enough for Ryne to believe he hated her until he wasn't anymore, yet everything still acting like he's the first’s best dad? Thancred's instance would have been a better place to take the MNK main out of the story come to think of it, just have it end with Thancred actually killing him with the Chekhov shell. Both their character arcs revolve around Ryne I think it could have added more weight to the resolution of their two irreconcilable views for the girl, maybe have a 'then be sure to protect her' moment, idk. I just don't feel like there wasn’t a narrative need for the WoL to fight him other than that this is a video game and the WoL has to do everything.

And speaking of doing everything yourself, Y'shtola needs a way of solving her problems besides casting Flow at it. I guess it helps set up Emet-Selch’s strength but it’s just seems a bit silly having them play the same card as before, especially since Hamon Holyfistjust walked it off the same fall – which was yadda-yadda’d to heck and back – not to mention the instance beforehand had the whole group tanking a bunch of huge drops. Her plan for getting to Mt. Gulg was rather silly on the face of it too, I half expected someone to say ‘no, that's ridiculous, let's come up with a real plan’ but it was a neat enough set piece, it just sounded like they needed to quarry an entire mountain rather and build a new one rather then having the thing pull itself together.

Looking back, I do wish the reveal about Hydaelyn and Zodiark wasn’t in the trailer, most of the other reveals in the story weren’t too hard to see coming – soylent green is sin eater, Exarch is G’raha Tia etc. And I feel like there was a bit of censoring when the group confronted Vauthry, was expected him to just be devouring the eaters in his court directly and cut out the middle man as it were, since they had the creepy eating sounds and have his back turned but gotta keep that T rating I guess. And I was hoping for a bit better integration of the role quests into the main story, like keystone bosses or whatever, maybe even having some added change of clearing more then one, or all of them instead of a gloried checkbox.

All the level 80 quests were really good though, especially Shadowbringers and went a long way to mollifying all these nitpicks. The fight with Hades was I think my favorite MSQ fight so far, particularly as a casual getgud scrub who never did any savage raids.

And is there any chance Varis is actually dead?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lots of good stuff in LL thread. Seems like a major overhaul of the mudra system to take clipping out of the equation entirely, addressing Proth's whining about the BEST iteration of SMN(with admittedly low payoff), and adding a little more complexity back to PVP are the biggest changes. Also no more having to level desynth? Not sure how I feel about that

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

thank fuck adding help text to the button that actives the pet action

why was this ever not a thing, lol