1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

that's a big maybe. 300 sec recast on veraise would mean SMN can instacast revive 5x more often. that makes no sense

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    that's a big maybe. 300 sec recast on veraise would mean SMN can instacast revive 5x more often. that makes no sense
    All raises are going on cooldown apparently so nope. SMN may even see its raise removed altogether.
    This kills RDM's role in prog parties though, they better bump its DPS to compensate but I somehow doubt they will.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

you literally don't know any of that

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

have we already gotten to the doom and gloom all my jobs are ruined! phase of pre-expansion

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All worries were 100% on point for Stormblood so... not sure what you're talking about.
    Also if RDM is getting nerfed on raises it only makes sense that SMN will be limited in a similar fashion because it's already a better DPS when compared to RDM. On top of this Bluefever also hinted at SMN getting Phoenix related abilities so that's probably where the raise is gonna end up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

All these changes are in a vacuum right now and we don't know how they mesh with other jobs, new skills, and new content. Getting all doom & gloom and "they nerfed mah jobs" already is pointless.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'll give us an idea. If its anything like Stormblood's Preview event they're allowed to wander around a zone as a level70 job. The highest monster they can test combos against is the B rank. And they can run a single 71+ leveling dungeon. The last one they did was the optional lv63 dungeon.

Its enough to give you an impression and since you have a limited amount of time to level up various jobs if you're more flexible in a specific role (Say healer) you're making a priority list prior to the xpac.

I'm already set on DRG but static will probably push me to NIN because our current NIN doesn't want to NIN.

praying they nerf Trick Attack into oblivion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    It'll give us an idea. If its anything like Stormblood's Preview event they're allowed to wander around a zone as a level70 job. The highest monster they can test combos against is the B rank. And they can run a single 71+ leveling dungeon. The last one they did was the optional lv63 dungeon.

Its enough to give you an impression and since you have a limited amount of time to level up various jobs if you're more flexible in a specific role (Say healer) you're making a priority list prior to the xpac.

I'm already set on DRG but static will probably push me to NIN because our current NIN doesn't want to NIN.

praying they nerf Trick Attack into oblivion.
    Pretty much. Besides some of these will be changed once the playerbase gets to test them out but that'll still take a month at least (in time for the high tier raids) so I'd rather prioritize jobs that aren't a chore to play with.
    I already had an awful experience as SCH when Stormblood came out so I'm not willing to go through that again with this one.
    If WHM is indeed crazy good I'd rather go with that instead.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

the media event started this Wed, it didn't happen on Sat

didn't bother reading past the first line

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Tank changes sound like they could be fun from a DPS perspective, I'm hoping the stance removal rework will add in new quirks however. Don't need tanks to get dumbed down any more than they already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Tank changes sound like they could be fun from a DPS perspective, I'm hoping the stance removal rework will add in new quirks however. Don't need tanks to get dumbed down any more than they already are.
    They are obviously prepping the game for when it goes mobile

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

wouldnt they be virtually the same since both get swiftcast?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No, Swiftcast isn't on a 300 second cooldown. Assuming the SCH+SMN split happens though SMN probably won't even have a normal raise spell anymore

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    wouldnt they be virtually the same since both get swiftcast?
    According to that info Verraise is on a 300 sec cooldown so you can't use it again after your first use until 5 minutes have passed. The other raises are functioning as usual apparently but that could be due to a healer exclusive passive or simply because they're now all healer exclusive spells.
    It's also probably an ability now rather than a spell so Swiftcast wouldn't work (although it's probably instant anyway).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the darkest arts I can’t

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

LMFAO

What would using CS on a party member even do...? I guess more crit adlo?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

TA is unfortunate if only because NIN CDs currently sync so well together. maybe it'll make sense in the context of their expanded rotation, though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    LMFAO

What would using CS on a party member even do...? I guess more crit adlo?
    Even then, why'd you want it over more dps ?.?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

TA is unfortunate if only because NIN CDs currently sync so well together. maybe it'll make sense in the context of their expanded rotation, though
    Good fuck NIN >:c

Wonder if their answer to dark arts spam is to have darkest arts provide 2 or 3 "charges" of dark arts for 1 button press, or if it will have some other dastardly effects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast