1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    I haven't played WAR on anything other than striking dummy, but that was my old 'main' tank job so I'm a bit concerned.
    I've only leveled it about one level, so take this with a grain of salt, but WAR didn't change much. I think the only thing that's bugged me about WAR is that the new AOE combo is an 8-yalm conal-AOE > 5-yalm circle-AOE around you. Like, who thought that was a good idea?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yeah I really don't understand the WAR hate. What changed other than being able to IB and Equil without a defensive stance up?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Steel cyclone no longer gives hp back and the hit to hp . War feels so squishy now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

SC granted, but you got Nascent Flash, which probably works out to be the same/better. And I mean you lost HP but you gained perma -20%, an extra 20sec 20% DMG CD, increased AoE damage, and an actual rotation that doesn't require single targets while fight 6 different mobs

the expansion also just came out. Everyone feels squishy

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    MCN feels beast as fuck now though can't wait to lvl it to 80

Been wasting so much time with crafting but have doubled my gil and got my gear all sorted now so I can finally focus on lvling combat jobs and trusts. Need to get that Amaro
    Reassembled + Drill is the big dick damage move that MCH has been lacking forever, feels good man

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I dunno if this was pointed out here cuz I was basically dead to the world during release week but this is interesting. Late story spoilers:

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

not super surprising. He was probably outfitted by Elidibus

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Hmm. I originally assumed those big dudes' appearances as "it's been a million years, Emet Selch can't be assed to remember what everyone's face looked like" (also low-key we're totally not making unique models for all these random dudes), but I suppose maybe they did actually look like that. There's that whole questline around their cloaks, so I knew the cloaks were real, but I just assumed the faces were un-remembered. I certainly can't remember peoples' faces for shit.

I'm not really sure what the picture is supposed to imply, though, but I can't remember shit about that kid's questline. That he got his fashion via an ascian? Cool? Is there some significance there? I mean, I thought that was already implied in the quest itself, but again I barely remember it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

he was brought here from the 13th by Elidibus. He refers to him as "master". I wouldn't be surprised if he dressed him for the journey

and the dressings were part of their society. Flamboyance leads to covetousness. As such, their appearances were muted and identical

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Hmm. I originally assumed those big dudes' appearances as "it's been a million years, Emet Selch can't be assed to remember what everyone's face looked like" (also low-key we're totally not making unique models for all these random dudes), but I suppose maybe they did actually look like that. There's that whole questline around their cloaks, so I knew the cloaks were real, but I just assumed the faces were un-remembered. I certainly can't remember peoples' faces for shit.

I'm not really sure what the picture is supposed to imply, though, but I can't remember shit about that kid's questline. That he got his fashion via an ascian? Cool? Is there some significance there? I mean, I thought that was already implied in the quest itself, but again I barely remember it.
    Yeah, basically. I just thought it was a neat foreshadow.

I also thought the same about them being sort of faceless shadows. Representations basically. But that makes me feel like nope, just looked that way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

one of the quests explicitly states that's how they looked

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I did them at 4 am. Thats my excuse.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i know i'm in the minority but i like the Ast changes. i haven't had this much fun playing Ast since heavensward. stormblood made getting aoe balance easier but at the same time killed the fun of the card minigame and killed the fun of choosing who to use card's on since you basically never used single target card's. sure it's hard to play hyper efficiently but maybe,just maybe that's by design? we often talk about the skill gap between the top and the bottom,but hyper efficient play is something that effects the skill gap between the top and the middle. and the gap between the top and the middle definately got exponentially larger in stormblood.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    SC granted, but you got Nascent Flash, which probably works out to be the same/better. And I mean you lost HP but you gained perma -20%, an extra 20sec 20% DMG CD, increased AoE damage, and an actual rotation that doesn't require single targets while fight 6 different mobs

the expansion also just came out. Everyone feels squishy
    Very true. And my war is 74 so not quite at Nascent Flash level yet. But after doing some dungeons with FC people I don’t feel so terrible anymore . I should have done the rank 3 fate grinding with war instead of my brd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i know i'm in the minority but i like the Ast changes. i haven't had this much fun playing Ast since heavensward. stormblood made getting aoe balance easier but at the same time killed the fun of the card minigame and killed the fun of choosing who to use card's on since you basically never used single target card's. sure it's hard to play hyper efficiently but maybe,just maybe that's by design? we often talk about the skill gap between the top and the bottom,but hyper efficient play is something that effects the skill gap between the top and the middle. and the gap between the top and the middle definately got exponentially larger in stormblood.
    I think consensus has shifted for the better as far as AST is concerned. People seem to enjoy the new card system, but they could really use some healing pot buffs and possibly a rework of the Divination/Sleeve Draw system

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

as per usual, the doom and gloom around all healers was dramatically overstated

???

AST is stupid and limp as hell, the card system has some nice aspects but is 1-2 steps away from being complete. Sleeve Draw is a goddamn nightmare and overall the card system feels super clunky. I like that drawing a card starts the cooldown timer rather than using the card, but needing 2 buttons to put a card into action isn't an elegant solution, and having another button to minor arcana (guess what else got less interesting?) just makes Sleeve Draw a nightmare.

Divination was potentially cool but the CD timer is stupidly long and what makes the most fun part of the current card system basically irrelevant for 3 minutes so you spend all that time just minor arcana'ing everything.

They got rid of all of ASTs interesting synergies and nerfed the potency on everything. Healer doom and gloom is overstated, but you're delusional if you think this is a step up from what we had before and even more delusional if you think this AST is a good replacement for what it was in SB.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

you literally just reiterated what I said and threw in something I didn't toward the end

AST needs help, but the card system isn't anywhere as horrid as everyone expected <-- what I said

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

there's like ten people who post in this part of the forum, could we maybe not jump on eachother's dicks the second we think the other has said something we disagree with?

this place is dead, let it die in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    you literally just reiterated what I said and threw in something I didn't toward the end

AST needs help, but the card system isn't anywhere as horrid as everyone expected <-- what I said
    If you said anything about how clunky and awful it was to use I didn't see that. Just because I praised 1 aspect of it doesn't mean I agree with you or said what you said. You said it was fine, I said it was not; here's why.

These aren't the same posts.

Synastry got nerfed for some reason, CU got fucked, CO got completely fucked, and Celestial Intersection and Horoscope are the only marginally useful things...but still weak.

AST is not in a good place.