1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its the season for greentext rumors yaaay.

Spoiler: show

•I like the Tank stance removal (I think its extremely good for PLD) and will help baddies to stop 123ing aggro combo and maybe try DPSing if aggro is good.
    •Hopefully they stick to VIT for tank DPS scaling.
    •Curious to see what SCH getting split from ACN will do to its DPS kit.
    •Overmelding getting nuked is extremely bad for Crafters and Gatherers, good for DoW/M, and solves the issue of how they'd handle VI Overmelds by simply not allowing it lol.
    •Attribute Materia getting removed means Crafter/Gatherer VII's will be dumb as fuck easy to get.
    •Healer DPS kit change sounds extremely bad the way its explained. I'm thinking how Shadowflare works in 4.0 compared to 3.0 without the ground targetting.
    •DRG change is good though its an inherent 5% nerf to BRD and MCH. Though I guess this makes MCH buffs in 4.5 make sense.
    •I like the raise system tweak though I wish they kept the weakness debuffs as a 15%/30% dps nerf but since they're tying Tank DPS to Vitality again I can see why they don't want to repeat HW era HP weakness nerfs. Long overdue honestly with how easy it is to recover in the end game.
    •Interested to see PLD chances in action but rip solo PLD and rip Man Mode.
    •Don't play MNK can't comment.

[/spoiler]

And for posterity sake this is some shit that got dropped on reddit and quickly called out and deleted. Will laff if true.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All those changes sound awful except the SCH rekit. Healers being more dumb than they are now is NOT a good solution SE. Unless they actually make healing interesting but I honestly doubt it...
    I'm hoping these leaks aren't true.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Tank Stance Removal: Aw I always like the DPS on/off or Tank on/off switch
    VIT: don't care
    SCH rekit: don't care
    Overmelds: don't care
    Attribute (STR INT VIT etc) materia: about time, they're so fucking useless except STR for tanks. Someone tried to prove it useful by going full MND SMN but even that was lackluster
    Healer DPS kit: not sure, I mean I guess this stops them being immobile during cast?
    DRG: GET RID OF HEAVY THRUST FOR FUCKS SAKE AND JUST MAKE IT A TRAIT; seriously keeping heavy thrust up on the mob sucks
    Raise: lul we WoW now
    PLD MP Clemency NOOOOOOOO they turned it into Second Wind
    lolMNK

I thought they would incorporate PvP style buttons into this expansion, but I guess not. You know, to reduce buttons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I thought they would incorporate PvP style buttons into this expansion, but I guess not. You know, to reduce buttons.
    As a dragoon there is a lot I would do for this.

Just saying.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Heavy thrust is... aghh...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ugh, the healer stuff sounds horrible

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Boo I just started leveling ARC so I could cheese my way into having a healer job without actually leveling a healer job.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All of the skill/job changes sound awful. Playing a healer will be so boring especially Scholar RIP.

It sounds more like dumbing down to cater to the potatoes which kind of makes me think they are real.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Boo I just started leveling ARC so I could cheese my way into having a healer job without actually leveling a healer job.
    I mean, whatever level your ARC is by the time the change would hit, you’d keep as SCH

that would hypothetically only affect anyone leveling after the fact

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All of that sounds terrible. The overmeld thing for gather/crafter was literally the only part of the game I truly enjoyed

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Its the season for greentext rumors yaaay.

•DRG change is good though its an inherent 5% nerf to BRD and MCH. Though I guess this makes MCH buffs in 4.5 make sense.
    I think SE already confirmed the piercing debuff would be removed from DRG in 5.0 in one of the fanfest live letters and BRD and MCH would recieve a potency buff to compensate.
    Attribute (STR INT VIT etc) materia: about time, they're so fucking useless except STR for tanks. Someone tried to prove it useful by going full MND SMN but even that was lackluster
    Wouldn't this make week 1 Savage prog a little harder without the vit melds on accessories to survive a little fuck up?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post

Wouldn't this make week 1 Savage prog a little harder without the vit melds on accessories to survive a little fuck up?
    oh yeh, and that too, but my point still stands in that besides this use and upping a tank's DPS marginally, it feels flat and useless like the gear in this game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you check the FFXIV FB page, there's a short dancer video for international dancing day or something

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its also on some of their twitter feeds. I think its showing off their /vpose and /battlestance.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Kinda wondering why they don't already, or at least give the option to consolidate combos. It seems like the best way to cut down on button clutter.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's S-E, they are always a couple of years behind adding QoL features

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In the new live letter Yoshi P addresses why they won’t add children or “younger looking” playable characters and he dances around it a bit but pretty much says they can’t trust players to not sexualize them. Love it.

Also, Hrothgar and Viera will get glasses for headgear but nothing else could work on their models.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...24#post4975024

Gonna try to make digest here.

Why a New Healer Was Not Added with Shadowbringers
    After internal discussion about how to balance the game as a whole, we determined that we should not add a new healer with this expansion. There were three key factors which informed this decision.

Why a New Healer Was Not Added with Shadowbringers
    1. Only Two New Jobs Could Be Added with Shadowbringers
    2. Only Two Physical Ranged DPS Jobs Are Currently Implemented
    3.The Present Balance Between Tanks and Healers

Since we currently have four melee DPS jobs, we decided to hold off on developing another and instead added a new tank.

Tanks in FFXIV are often utilized in either a main tank or off-tank role. However, we currently have an odd number of tank jobs, and we felt it that it would be easier to balance them moving forward if we had an even number of tanks, which is why we went with gunbreaker in the end.

Moreover, ever since we added astrologian with Heavensward, we have had considerable difficulty in balancing it along with white mage and scholar. Rather than exacerbate a complex situation by adding a fourth healer to the mix, we decided to instead prioritize balancing the three existing healer jobs at this time.
    Regarding the Gender of Viera and Hrothgar

1. The Cost of Developing a New Playable Race
    In a Fan Festival keynote speech, I stated that this will likely be the last time we add new playable races to FFXIV. To put it simply, a tremendous amount of time and resources are required to develop one. I’m sure you all understand that a new race will require new faces, hairstyles, bodies, and other assets. In addition to this, they need to be capable of equipping all existing items—this alone requires a massive commitment of resources. Each race has a unique frame and body type, and so every piece of visible equipment needs to be carefully adjusted to display properly on Hrothgar and Viera models. A cursory search will show that FFXIV has around ten thousand equippable items already implemented, all of which must be manually modified by our designers. This is an immediate and unavoidable development cost incurred when adding a new race.
    2. A Significant Number of Players Have Been Requesting Playable Viera
    3. Providing a More Beastly Variety for FFXIV Character Creation and World Building

After seeing the positive reception of the Lupin characters we introduced in Stormblood, we concluded that, for the long-term health of FFXIV, it was important to implement a greater variety of character types beyond the traditionally beautiful in a future expansion. In truth, we had considered adding more beastly characters long before, and since this was possibly our last chance to do so, we decided that we should—much like we did with the Viera—in the interests of expanding the lore and the choices available to players.
    And what Anoat covered

Addendum—On Adding Younger-Looking Playable Characters
    Among some of the feedback we received were requests for playable characters that resembled young boys and girls. Unfortunately, this is one request we cannot consider for ethical reasons.

With every passing year the debate surrounding moral and ethical issues in games grows more intense, and we do not want to present children in battle or in pain—and posing such characters sexually and taking screenshots and so forth would be expressly forbidden.

In any event, regardless of what our players did or did not intend to do, the fact remains that if a review board were to evaluate such content and determine it were unacceptable, we would be forced to suspend FFXIV’s service.
    Now excuse me while I hnnngh because even the Hrothgar there looks fucking scrumptious and I hate myself for saying that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, all the Korean MMOs are somewhat managing without being shut down with all their loli races.

And the helm excuse is just annoying me so much ugh... The overall gear design is getting less and less interesting and add that on top of it and it becomes more and more obvious how much less work is being put into this, I guess because they're milking XIV to run the rest of the company or something, lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm forever Lala only but Hrothgar look great. Come at me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast