1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That's a nice poolside house.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I'm quite happy with it overall. Finished decorating a lil bit ago.

Ward 11, Plot 17 on Midgardsormr for any Aether ppl if you want to visit and break my furniture

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Naw gave up the plot on Balmung to get this one on Midgard, was a bit easier to grab here without having 10 ppl at every available plot at all times. Speaking of which I need a new invite to the BG CWLS since being moved to Crystal severed my connection.
    That's why half my FC moved to Sarg when it was still preferred and free. Grats again I'll have to stop by!

Oh you know what i forgot about the bg cwls. Who I talk to about that?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ok so I finally resubbed and

Spoiler: show
    wait wait wait FFXIV is basically FF Tactics-2??? like the souls of Mustadio, Agrias and Orlandeau were sealed there by Ultima until just now when we came and fought them and set them free or something? IS THIS CANON??

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't consider the events in the Stormblood 24 man series to be a spinoff or continuation of FFT or FF12. Its still XIV lore much in the same way how the crystal tower exists in XIV.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

;[ but I want to lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ivaliceman himself forged this epic tale of swords and sorcery so it is what you wish it to be my brother

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Every time I get to that one point during the Ultima fight—you know the one—I always say in alliance chat “YOU MY BOY MUSTADIO” and it usually gets a laugh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    ;[ but I want to lol
    FFT takes place after FFXII, XIV's story has it reversed so it can't be canon. Also Matsuno recently confirmed what happens after the final boss in the original Tactics and this is not it

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Here's my take:

The Ivalice raids in FFXIV are no more a sequel to FFT than Crystal Tower being a sequel to FF3. They're just homages. If anything, it's heavily implied that Ultima was a primal/eikon long ago, and Ultima Weapon was an attempt to reverse-engineer Omega's technology, but they named their new creation after Ultima, a legendary savior/angel. It's also implied that Ultima's power/domain is not holy/light but rather illusions. Her ultimate attack in the raid in the English localization is "Ultimate Illiusion", but in JP it's simply "Final Fantasy". It's likely that the black magic spell "Ultima", which Ultima weapon used to annihilate the Praetorium was based on recreating Ultima's spell. The original spell that Ultima casts might be an attack that draws on what the target might imagine the most destructive spell to be like. Similar to Aizen from Bleach who can manipulate the 5 sense of his target, Ultima's spell casts an illusion to make the target imagine like they are getting hit with the most destructive spell of whatever their mind can conjure it to be. Ultima's powers seem to revolve around trickery and deceit. She creates Auracites which are fragments of pure power. This attracts mortals not unlike how the sweet smell of nectar might attract flies to a venus flytrap. Mortals often harbor deep desires and vices, which is what Ultima feeds on. Mortals get the auracites because they believe they grant power to fulfill wishes. In reality, the stones resonate with whatever emotions the user has, and amplifies them. This is what Ultima wants. When the Bangaa takes the Duma and becomes Yzmat, he harbors emotions of vengeance and becomes a massive dragon. Ultima feeds off this like primals feed off prayer. However, the caveate is the stones can also grant non-evil miracles to wielders of the stones whose intentions are pure. It's sort of an unintended but low-probability scenario from Ultima's perspective though, since she knows the ones tempted to wield the power of the stones are inherently greedy, corrupt, and fowl, and that's what she's counting on for sustenance.

But yeah, the spell named Ultima is a long-lost myth generated after the Primal named "Ultima" and Ultima Weapon was the name chosen for the reverse engineered Omega technology, named after the goddess of lore from Ivalice (who were the ancestors of the Allag).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I wouldn't consider the events in the Stormblood 24 man series to be a spinoff or continuation of FFT or FF12. Its still XIV lore much in the same way how the crystal tower exists in XIV.
    considering a certain character dies early it cant follow up 12

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Ivaliceman himself forged this epic tale of swords and sorcery so it is what you wish it to be my brother
    Everyone made good points but this is the best one.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I fucking hate solo instances. As a sch I can never put out enough damage to beat shit. So the 3 swords for A Requiem for Heroes solo fight is kicking my ass. I fucking hate this shit so much.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I did all SB solo instances as AST, which is objectively worse at dps than SCH.

I hate to say it but...I think it's you :<

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh I'm sure it's me. I still hate solo instances.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If your gear is shit and you're on Aether and you're still having issues PM me and I'll fix you up wednesday or thursday.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I switched to pld and it was much easier.