1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 277
  1. #41
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I could've done without the lengthy unlock that Orbonne took. I'm sure some folks will appreciate it, but I feel like the actual trigger to getting to the dungeon could've happened waaaaaaaay earlier without all the impotent politicking. Maybe I'm just bitter because I had a limited amount of time today and had to bail on my Orbonne run 90 minutes in (and only at 2nd boss) because the unlock ate so much of my dang time.


    I also really wanted the robot voice in Orbonne to say "How are you gentlemen?"

  2. #42
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Pretty sure that unlock was longer than the 4.5 MSQ lol

    Had to bail on my run. Took forever for people to figure out the first three bosses and even then every party's DPS sucked major balls. FIrst boss was a one shot but it took like 12 minutes or something ridiculous.

  3. #43
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,077
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Great raid definitely

    The new squadron dungeons are easy as hell, which is a nice change, but just like level 50 dungeons give shitty exp.

  4. #44
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    The voice acting is so on point, especially that second boss.

    Spoiler: show
    She sounds almost identical to JP Agrias from Dissidia, great job


    Disappointed by the conclusion of the Four Lords though, meh.

  5. #45
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,834
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post

    Disappointed by the conclusion of the Four Lords though, meh.
    Spoiler: show
    I honestly can't fucking believe they couldn't even recolor it or anything. Straight up just a giant Kirin mount.

  6. #46
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I honestly can't fucking believe they couldn't even recolor it or anything. Straight up just a giant Kirin mount.
    Spoiler: show
    I mean a part of me went 'Yeah, that's Kirin'. Hopefully in 6.0 or whenever the fuck they decide to do a Four Lords ultimate they make a powered up form for Koryu/Kirin.

    Honestly surprised it wasn't at least a solo duty instance like with the fight again Soroban in 4.3

    Seiryu normal mode fight was fun and that alone is surprising.

  7. #47
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,195
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Spoiler: show
    Yeah, that whole ending to the Koryu storyline and his ingame appearance were incredibly lame. Especially with how cool the other 4 look to just give us a giant Kirin mount is just so stupid lol. Also can't believe we don't even get to fight it, but I'm not sure I'd even want to with its current appearance.

  8. #48
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,154
    BG Level
    8

    Spoiler: show
    Wait, was the thing that towers over the 4 gods NOT supposed to be Kirin? I mean... that's the form of Kirin we get in this game. It's not a manticore this time but closer to what an actual kirin is supposed to look like. The one we get as a mount is an aspect of the god itself so of course they look the same.
    If they changed it for dramatic effect people would be crying "muh lore!"

  9. #49
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Wait, was the thing that towers over the 4 gods NOT supposed to be Kirin? I mean... that's the form of Kirin we get in this game. It's not a manticore this time but closer to what an actual kirin is supposed to look like. The one we get as a mount is an aspect of the god itself so of course they look the same.
    If they changed it for dramatic effect people would be crying "muh lore!"
    Spoiler: show
    I mean... sure whatever. But they built this thing up so much that not even getting a solo instance feels like a slap in the face. Everything concluded too quickly and with no real impact other than Genbu's "death" (which was spoiled within seconds).

  10. #50
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Spoiler: show
    Orbonne Monastery is where its that though. Between that and the extra quest hoooboy that shit was fucking rad as fuck

  11. #51
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,077
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Spoiler: show
    Who's the tattooed guy at the end of Orbonne cutscenes. And what extra quest?

  12. #52
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Who's the tattooed guy at the end of Orbonne cutscenes. And what extra quest?
    Spoiler: show
    If you did the bacon bread quest there's another quest waiting for you inside the Prima Vista. If you haven't done the bacon bread quest do that shit.

  13. #53
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,737
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Orbonne Monastery is where its that though. Between that and the extra quest hoooboy that shit was fucking rad as fuck
    this, that shit was rad

  14. #54
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,077
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Ahh, ok, I accepted the Bacon Bread one but didn't do it yet

  15. #55
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,834
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I mean... sure whatever. But they built this thing up so much that not even getting a solo instance feels like a slap in the face. Everything concluded too quickly and with no real impact other than Genbu's "death" (which was spoiled within seconds).
    Spoiler: show
    ^ this. Crazy anticlimactic. Probably wasn't worse than the Warring Triad story since that was pretty fucking awful but ending it on such an amazing fizzle... indefensible. MSQ was pretty meh up until the dungeon honestly. Most of the events were foreshadowed so hard that you'd have to be blind deaf and dumb to not have an idea of what to expect. Hoping part 2 is much more interesting. Haven't done Ivalice yet so no idea on that yet.

  16. #56
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,737
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Spoiler: show
    ^ this. Crazy anticlimactic. Probably wasn't worse than the Warring Triad story since that was pretty fucking awful but ending it on such an amazing fizzle... indefensible. MSQ was pretty meh up until the dungeon honestly. Most of the events were foreshadowed so hard that you'd have to be blind deaf and dumb to not have an idea of what to expect. Hoping part 2 is much more interesting. Haven't done Ivalice yet so no idea on that yet.
    Spoiler: show
    DO IT. One character aside, a VERY enjoyable arc

  17. #57
    We wear wine red on Wednesdays

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,236
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I enjoyed the dungeon for once. That's a nice change.

  18. #58
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Spoiler: show
    tl;dr: Ivalice raid having guest designers really shows.
    Four lords having the typical designers really shows.


    But yeah, hopefully it's because "all hands on deck for 5.0" is the reason.

  19. #59
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,077
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    I enjoyed the dungeon for once. That's a nice change.
    Too many walls!

  20. #60
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Spoiler: show
    im a dumbass and skipped quest after the bacon, what happened

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag