BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    My account's friend pretty much use the represented unity only. I had an L50 Basar and switched it to L60 C.Lorina, and people pretty much stopped using Basar for Lorina. I occasionally see the others used, but not very often, so it makes me think a lot of people don't really need the help or only know to pick something from the default tab.
    They don't really explain that too well or I happily skipped the fuck out of it. I figured the top tabs were filters, to filter your search by what you're looking for so never really bothered to use them. Some games I used to play let you set multiple heroes but it would just be random which one people see so I figured thats what I was doing here too.

That said I eventually figured out the separate tabs were separate heroes alltogether and not just a filter, but I still rarely use it lol, most times peoples "Main" is their strongest and its what I use.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I check the thief tab because I'm using Sez or Vildred to farm 4-9 for Blazing Soul and if there isn't one on my main page, I can typically find one there. Also, fuck Blazing souls. I just need 1 to get Yuna and I'm ~200 energy deep with nothing. I know it's not a lot in the grand scheme of other people's pain. Game needs a TH artifact for thieves.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just got Promoted to Gold IV from defenses... apparently I won 7 defense matches, I think upgrading my Cidd to 6* really helped lol, that and maybe getting my Krau 5/5(Hes only lv 50) Zodiac board.

PS Thanks for the people who donated the Blood Flaked bones to me, I only needed 2 and ya'll came through and I was able to upgrade my Krau... needed 15 of them total, thank god for that Diene story event lol.

Edit I lub my Cidd

Spoiler: show

The light effects make it tough but man he’s just giving these guys a bad day, and I’m still pretty low power wise. Cidd is 45k atm, built him with 100% crit rate and attack set, still using a very outdated weapon too...

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Going to look into getting some better lv55 sets I guess since the 70s are shitty to get for now at least. Will work on that after I finish this event. Too many events got me using my Stamina on things other than the main game stuff. Definitely don't have the optimal secondary stats on equipment and desperately need some accessories.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Doing my last run before my shift and BAM rank up.

I know this feel.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Speaking of things people maybe don't know, has everyone checked out the shops? It's not just real money. You can get 40 Energy for 100 friendship points once per day and 40 Energy for 30 Conquest (arena) points.

You basically get an extra 80 stamina for logging in and doing 5 arena matches.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Yea I've been using that when I have extended time to play. I'm trying to save my conquest points for the gladiator gear, but after that it's probably worth it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

What's a good Attack value for a DPS character? Lucked out with an Epic ring last night with Attack as the main stat, crit%, crit damage, flat attack and something else as the sub stats. Increases my Sez's attack to about 2500.

Also wondering if anyone does those "A Crack in the World" or something like that. Had unlocked a couple previously, but when I clicked them it was waiting on an expansion or update. Now the one in Farche at least is open.

Do the 3 cracks once for the limit break item for Mercedes (if you have her). Otherwise, they're just sort of high stamina EXP dumps if you want to use them before going to bed or whatever. Higher event world stages are still probably more efficient for EXP, but will be more difficult and time consuming to do in kind.

Would also say 2500 ATK is a respectable number, though further reliant on your crit rate to really mean anything. Probably won't get terribly higher with L55 stuff or lower while the abyss set from the mid/late-50's floors are probably your most feasible chance at an upgrade for him if they roll well.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I have the earlier Abyss set, and the rolls on it are pretty decent. Seems like that one isn't really worth the upgrade cost?

EDIT: Sez's Crit is 85.3%. Still working towards that 100%.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe the consensus for that kind of thing is get it to +9~+12 which is relatively cheap and if the rolls suck just dump it or save it for the B team.

Side note: Farming that last Blazing Soul or w/e from 4-9 World mode (Banshee) is a bit of shit. About 800 Energy deep into this (100 Runs) with no Soul. Still 2/3 from the shop. Luck be with me soon...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Good luck Karb. I got mine in 4 days with refreshes. That fight sucks. I have one friend's Lorina that can one shot the boss with defense down from exactly half hp before the adds phase. I only got it to work once in the time I was fsrming it but it felt soooo good

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I believe the consensus for that kind of thing is get it to +9~+12 which is relatively cheap and if the rolls suck just dump it or save it for the B team.

Side note: Farming that last Blazing Soul or w/e from 4-9 World mode (Banshee) is a bit of shit. About 800 Energy deep into this (100 Runs) with no Soul. Still 2/3 from the shop. Luck be with me soon...
    Over 1500 energy since my last black curse powder. It never gets better.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah this shit was a nightmare. I got it last night finally but I honestly lost count of the energy it took... I don’t look forward to any degree of farming required to 6/6 their zodiac boards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Yah this shit was a nightmare. I got it last night finally but I honestly lost count of the energy it took... I don’t look forward to any degree of farming required to 6/6 their zodiac boards.
    That's what I'm doing. I need 8 more, I've used 4 so far I believe.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm guessing it's better to clear the World stage to get catalysts, or does it not matter?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is better as far a I’ve been told/know. Definitely worth it if you have a team that can auto the world stage.

For now, I'd say events are better assuming the item you need drops in them. Who knows how things will be after the 31st if that's when they up drop rates. Of course, it could just be a 0.1% increase and they just tell us to lolstfu about it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can't help but yell "ZAP" a la Plankton when I attack with C. Dominel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6LBN4SLCo

Simple animation, huge damage, much wow.

I believe world and normal have the same drop rates. Only difference is more xp and gold in world which makes it better for farming fodders.