BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    MLBing isn't worth it iirc. You'd have to check reddit for confirmation.
    Maxing it only doubles its initial bonus (from 10% to 20%), so its better to have say, 4 equipped with 10% Each than 1 equipped with 20%. If you have excess than maybe.

But what I don't recall is if you need it to be max possible level, or just level 15.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    So I'm definitely enjoying the game more. I was(and still am, to an extent) really overwhelmed with everything there is to do. Just hit rank 20 and awakened/promoted two of my 3* units. Is there a way to level units more quickly or is the best practice to just keep playing and level up over time?
    I think you should just play the game and not worrying about exping. Don't try to aim for level 60. You should aim to have your group at level 50 with decent gears.

1. The first goal is clearing the story 10-10 to unlock Moonlight Summon.

After clearing 10-10, you should try to see how far you can get with World Difficult to get a few more Breath of Orbis.

2. The second goal would be Abyss. Level 30+ Abyss provides a very good Lifesteal set.

3. Once you got stonewalled by abyss, I think it is time to get your first 6*. You should grind exp for fodders while farming catalysts for 5th awakenings of your characters.

Arena: You should aim for the 4 pieces HP set from Arena shop. You can level up the High Command in Sanctuary and do Dispatched Missions for Arena Coins. I did lots of 2 hours missions with lots of bonus. By the way, you will lose in Arena. Just move on and don't get too salty.

Labyrinth: Lots of people farming Great Farche Labyrinth level 4-5 for Speed/Crit gears set.

Hunts: Hunts and gear crafting are very RNG and consuming lots of gold.

Challenge: I don't farm challenge that much.

Since there's no real go to EXP or Gold stage, just prioritize getting a good team to 5* and tackling 10-10 as noted.`After that, things will slow down as gear upgrades get more difficult and getting people to 6* is time consuming on its own. Honestly, the game needs some tweaks here and there relative to gold/stamina costs and drop rates, but you have an unfortunate subset of players that just throw their hands up and say, "It's a Korean game, that's how it is!" with honorable mention to "They make money by milking impatient people."

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just past the Abyss that gives 500 Gems and 500,000g. Having no EXP or Gold "Events" really sucks, EXP isn't as bad but Gold is a strangehold currency in this game.

Anyway, once I hit level 50 with AxeDudeGuy, which is about to happen in a moment here, is it a real pain to Specialty him? I gather its probably catalyst bullshittery?

You need some, but I think the real cockblock is needing so many equipment drops, which Sath blitzed through with a whole lot of refreshes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah... I’m working on the event instead, but I’m quite pissed to know that the same stage I farmed for the gold badge for Alexa is the same stage I farm for friggin Ilyros Kills.

Yeah, the quests not having memory blow in that regard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Pulled Kayron on a whim. He feels like he hits like a wet noodle. I assume it's because he's still only level 22. Should I build him raw attack? Crit? I really don't know what to do with him.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

There’s a Facebook community that excels in helping with character builds.
    Not sure if that’s an option for you, Reddit has too many threads for me to stay in focus.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    Pulled Kayron on a whim. He feels like he hits like a wet noodle. I assume it's because he's still only level 22. Should I build him raw attack? Crit? I really don't know what to do with him.
    ATK/crit or Lifesteal/crit. Kayron is a bit underhwelming for PvE though cause he has some pretty awful skill multipliers, so I wouldn't invest a lot into him unless you're going for annoying people in arena

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Have a spot or two in guild. If you need an invite just post your IGN

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Decided to record and upload my Kise pull videos since I've done so for other gachas in the past. I think I'll do this more often lol.

Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My brother just started playing (had to reroll twice, ended up settling on Sez and I think Armin). I'll get his game ID if spots still open. It'll probably be a little later when he gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by Oravis View Post
    Decided to record and upload my Kise pull videos since I've done so for other gachas in the past. I think I'll do this more often lol.

Spoiler: show
    Got Kise on 2nd pull, too. Though my ML was far more disappointing with Aethir.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I decided to summon a bit more to try to get the artifact and got a second Kise in 2 more pulls...

Edit: Got the 5 star artifact in 10 more pulls. Done with this banner lol.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Should I be saving my tickets until I finish the story, or is this a good time to be using them up?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Should I be saving my tickets until I finish the story, or is this a good time to be using them up?
    I don't think Kise offers a lot to new players so it's hard to really say. If you don't have a solid lineup then you should probably just pull away, but maybe on the non-limited covenant banner...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

his IGN is "PhoenixPira". I'll have him apply to the guild.

Edit: hes only Rank 10 so it'll be a little bit before he can apply properly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Grabbed New Kise off the banner after ~10 pulls. I'm still quite enjoying the game, even if it *is* grindy. I just keep reminding myself that it's a backup for when DFFOO has a lull.

Progress feels really slow. I have Charlotte almost at 50 and a few other units just getting to 40/needing to be promoted. I've hit a wall in story with the end of chapter 9 so I'm just gonna sit back and level phantomas, work on the events, and try to get some better gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast