Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finally finished Abyss 80. I do hope they add those new floors soon as I think I had the most fun in those fights.

Pulled 4 MLs after.

New Kitty Clarrisa
    Dupe Pyllis
    Dupe Gloomyrain
    Dupe Gloomyrain

lol

Does anyone know if Kitty Clarissa is considered useful in any particular area in the game?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I pulled and am leveling her but not sure.

Also, I have about a 8 to 2 artifact to unit ratio on 5*s . I have Krau and Kise which are superb units themselves and I’m happy with them but seriously 8 friggin 5* artifacts and 0 of them on my active team members because none are better than the 4*s I’m using.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just started, anything I should know early on that I won't find out until later?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Save all your Molas until you have good heroes.

Use your rerolls at the start to try to get some good units. Can check reddit for a general tier list. They update it every so often.

Save equipment and fodder if you can. You'll need them to promote units later on.

Events are a great source of items that are generally hard to farm. Clear their stores out as much as you can, even if it means skipping story mode for a while.

Like most gatcha games, save your bookmarks for a good event/pull. Luna is a good banner.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Reroll for Angelica + a strong dps. If you're going to reroll, don't link your account to anything until you get a roll you want to keep.

Early game is more dependent on hero selection. Late game is all about farming gear. Save enhancement materials to use on gear that's lv65+.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    Save enhancement materials to use on gear that's lv65+.
    I've gotten so many charms and equipment at this point that saving them would have been terrible. I'd have nothing but charms in my inventory. You can upgrade some better pieces when needed, but make sure they have decent stats.

Atk%, Crit%, Spd, CritD% for DPS is generally pretty safe.

Spd, HP% are big for healers. Having Def% on them helps keep them alive as well.

DEF%, HP%, Spd for most tanks. They generally deal more damage with Def or HP.

Yeah, I feel like telling newbies not to level low gear is bad advice. Don't +15 most things, sure, but there's not really an excuse not to take some decent things to +9 until L55+ stuff is more common from whatever you're doing. Friend carries only go so far and obviously aren't available for everything.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fair enough. I'm just regretting now blowing my stockpile of charms on gear that's useless.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah as long as you know what to use it on and what not to you'll be okay. Stick to my general outline above. It's not an end all, but it's a starting point.

Check that tier list if you want a reference to some gear sets and artifacts that are good for your heroes.

Can also use a little effectiveness on tanks to land provoke or some of then other debuffs.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Here's something that might help you understand gear and what to look for:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A6a7AEaN8/edit

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I discovered two things today. First, you can purify abyss unlimited times for that sweet gold. I thought it was single use only.

Second, you can double tap a skill and it'll auto target for you. Useful for AoEs that don't require specific targeting.

Bonus 3rd: With Tamarinne I've killed my first two raid bosses on normal. Arakham, who took a few tries, and the slug on on the bottom who I one-shot and don't rememebe the name.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

After being stuck on Abyss floor 50 for like a week, I finally beat it. Switched some gear around and was able to kill the summoner and two mushrooms on the first wave and final boss was pretty easy! Focusing more on crit damage on my luna and she's becoming beastly

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Just started, anything I should know early on that I won't find out until later?
    If your enjoying the game and believe you will keep playing I have an extra account you can have that will have you off to a great start. It is tied to my email but that's not a big deal (Stove account). But if you quit I would kindly ask you too give it back so I can pass it on to somebody else.

Id just like the account to have a good home

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    If your enjoying the game and believe you will keep playing I have an extra account you can have that will have you off to a great start. It is tied to my email but that's not a big deal (Stove account). But if you quit I would kindly ask you too give it back so I can pass it on to somebody else.

Id just like the account to have a good home
    Thanks but I've already started one with the newbie pack and month-long crystals so I'll just stick with it. After using Lidica in the rose story I'd love to get a lucky pull with her!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Thanks but I've already started one with the newbie pack and month-long crystals so I'll just stick with it. After using Lidica in the rose story I'd love to get a lucky pull with her!
    If you don't have Luna, I would try and get her. She's limited so if you don't get her now, you won't be able to again. She's pretty beastly

I like to eat food
    BG Level

You'll probably be able to get Luna again, but not until her banner comes up again. Kinda like Diene. Not sure how long that would be.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think I've tried probably 8 or 9 tries on Luna and got nothing. Did the selective summon and by about 5th round I had Sigret/Angelica/Crozet/Alexa, game really wants me to have ice. I was scared of winding up with nothing so I just went with that roll. But boy are Angelica's lines annoying af.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Sath had to do all 120 to get the pity Luna so 8 or 9 is nothing.