Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Managed to farm up 12 Blessings or Orbis finally for my Cid. Took like only 1/4th if the energy to farm 12 Orbis than it took me to farm 1 single Sun coin for that 3* unlock lady.

Either way, Cidd is 5* with 5/5 available unlocks on the Zodiac board. I’ll eventually need to work on his 6* but man that feels like such an insane hurdle, but I just finished 5*ing my main team (Cidd, Cattank, Silk, Elson) so I can start working on saving for 6* upgrading...

I also desperately need to work on upgrading my gear, some (most) of my units are still using tier 2/3 purple/red tier which isn’t garbage but is in desperate need of upgrading.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I feel like a dummy. I got to my 30 pull and confirmed on the second one because I wasn’t paying attention while at the airport. At least it had a 5* (segret)
    Did you apply to the guild? BlueGartr. Or give me your ign

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I started this last night. It's really pretty. Is there a tier list I can refer to? I'm not up to the 30 pull yet and when I get there I don't want to fuck it up

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Having trouble figuring out what to use as a main team at this point. I have a few lv 40 4 Stars and don't want to waste promotion materials on the ones that are subpar. In particular, having trouble with a weaver to keep. I've been using Diene recently because I have her 5*, but she doesn't do much as far as healing so my characters end up somewhat low health, even dead from time to time. She seems to be very well rated, and I have the suggested artifact for her.

5 Stars: Sez, Diene
    4 Stars: Clarissa, Surin, Silk, Romann
    3 Star: Elson, Lorina, Hazel, Alexa, Ras, Montmorancy

For my team I was thinking: Sez (Dust Devil, ATK/Crit), Diene (Magaraha's Tome, Spd/???), Silk (Infinity Basket, Spd/Crit), Lorina (???, Lifesteal/Crit)

Anyone maybe have any suggestions?

Also, what do people usually use for their promotion fodder? I started promoting some of the 2* Phatasms to 3*, but not sure if that's the right route to go.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks Proth. Exactly what I was looking for

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Gotten a few new guild applications in the past 24 hours. Are any of these from people here? If not, are there any people who need an invite? If not I'll add these randoms for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Epic Seven (Android/iOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Having trouble figuring out what to use as a main team at this point. I have a few lv 40 4 Stars and don't want to waste promotion materials on the ones that are subpar. In particular, having trouble with a weaver to keep. I've been using Diene recently because I have her 5*, but she doesn't do much as far as healing so my characters end up somewhat low health, even dead from time to time. She seems to be very well rated, and I have the suggested artifact for her.

5 Stars: Sez, Diene
    4 Stars: Clarissa, Surin, Silk, Romann
    3 Star: Elson, Lorina, Hazel, Alexa, Ras, Montmorancy

For my team I was thinking: Sez (Dust Devil, ATK/Crit), Diene (Magaraha's Tome, Spd/???), Silk (Infinity Basket, Spd/Crit), Lorina (???, Lifesteal/Crit)

Anyone maybe have any suggestions?

Also, what do people usually use for their promotion fodder? I started promoting some of the 2* Phatasms to 3*, but not sure if that's the right route to go.
    Diene is amazing and can be built in multiple ways but will definitely not be noticeably useful until you start to get her well geared. Going to edit in pictures once I finish this post from computer. I do speed/def with rod of amyrllis to allow her to be a healer as necessary. It is expensive (but worth it) getting both of her skills to -1 turn CD once you get further in the game. It's silly.

Spoiler: show

Sez is a great farm unit and you have dust devil which means you're an ass. ATK/Crit is fine. Alternately you can do speed/crit but meh. I'm not a Sez fan, it takes a lot to make him still useful endgame for anything but letting you level fodder.

Silk spd/crit is correct. I think MisterRyu runs her ATK/Crit but he has lucksack-tier speed subs and full +15 epic set on her. I run her speed/crit and I am trying to push her to 100% crit rate for my Challenger Dominiel. Both options viable. Infinity Basket is great, it's what I use now. The Sashe Ithanes nerf hit really hard this past update and killed a huge chunk of her utility for me unfortunately.

Lorina I wouldn't do lifesteal unless it's the abyss lifesteal set and fully upgraded - which you shouldn't do because you get a better set 15 floors later. ATK/Crit.

Clarissa is pretty great but needs high attack (and preferably effectiveness) and a decent amount of investment. I use her sometimes in arena and sometimes for farming. I think she benefits heavily from El's Fist artifact. You want any advantage you can get to help her kill units to trigger her second aoe attack.

Level up the 2* monsters to 20, promote them, feed them. Level phantasms to 30 and feed them the 3* monsters. For anything other than progress deep in world stage, laby, and abyss, I always have at least 1 (up to 3) fodder units running to get exp.

Edit: Do you have any ML units yet?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

ML is like the upgraded base units, like Martial Artist Ken or something, right? I don't have any of those.

Thanks for the tips. I don't have much to replace Sez at this point. He's my highest level and strongest DD. I have an Atk/Crit set on Lorina right now, so I'll just keep trying to upgrade all these Atk/Crit to higher tier gear. Still using a mix of T2/T3 sets. I have Spd/Def on Diene as well right now. I also have another Diene that I'm saving as part of her promotion.

I ditched Clarissa for the day to see how I like Lorina. So far I like her for single target/boss fights, but the add clearing from Clarissa was really nice too. Seems kind of interchangeable for me at this point in the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

ML is like the upgraded base units, like Martial Artist Ken or something, right? I don't have any of those.

Thanks for the tips. I don't have much to replace Sez at this point. He's my highest level and strongest DD. I have an Atk/Crit set on Lorina right now, so I'll just keep trying to upgrade all these Atk/Crit to higher tier gear. Still using a mix of T2/T3 sets. I have Spd/Def on Diene as well right now. I also have another Diene that I'm saving as part of her promotion.

I ditched Clarissa for the day to see how I like Lorina. So far I like her for single target/boss fights, but the add clearing from Clarissa was really nice too. Seems kind of interchangeable for me at this point in the game.
    It's a separate gacha pool. You buy galaxy bookmarks from the store with 6 gold transit stones. You get gold transit stones from the little bar in the bottom left on the summon screen every 20 gacha draws you do. Finishing 10-10 will get you 6 stones as well. It is a pool with only light and dark units in it and most of them are OP as shit.

If you don't have the artifact I'm using for Diene I would NOT run her as your only soul weaver. You will die. Level up another one and you can do 2x healer party which works really well.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Ah, no I haven't done any of those yet. Stopped pulling on banners at this point, but I do have more bookmarks.

Only other weaver I have that is leveled up is Aither. Guess I can run Sez, Silk, Aither, Diene for now?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ah, no I haven't done any of those yet. Stopped pulling on banners at this point, but I do have more bookmarks.

Only other weaver I have that is leveled up is Aither. Guess I can run Sez, Silk, Aither, Diene for now?
    Eh, no Aither is garbage. I guess just bring a friend Destina unit for anything remotely challenging and cross your fingers.

HOPEFULLY there will be a holiday banner on Wednesday and just make sure you are not spending any GOLD transit stones on ANYTHING except the galaxy bookmarks. Also don't spend green transit stones on anything but weekly molamola and yellow dog.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got it, thanks. I only have 5 gold transit stones, so I'm one short there. I'll see if there's an event and then maybe make some more pulls to see if I can get a designated healer and some artifacts. Need a better one for Lorina and I'll keep an eye out for the Rod of Amaryllis.

I mean, Diene has done okay for me. I beat World difficulty of the event with just Diene as weaver, so it's not all bad. Between the speed set, Silk, and the Magaraha's Tome on her she goes through turns quickly to keep buffs up. I have Elson and Montmorancy too, but neither one is really a healer.

What do you guys spend your other currencies on?Like the Ancient Coins, Friendship, and Conquest? I pulled some Accessory Chests with the coins trying to get some items to fill out different sets, then spent a bunch on the greater charms. Conquest points I used for the MolaGora Seed, but didn't spend them on anything else. Friendship points seem a little meh unless you're grinding out the Arena I guess? That's likely the best use?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Galaxy Bookmarks are really just the pits, huge double edged sword, but considering how rare they are to get yah, best to spend the Gold things on it :\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Galaxy Bookmarks are really just the pits, huge double edged sword, but considering how rare they are to get yah, best to spend the Gold things on it :\
    Given the wide utility of non-ML 3* units it is a gigantic waste to even consider the 4-5* ticket. Many of the 3* ML units are incredibly OP as well. I got Pyllis earlier this week (3* dark) and she's one of the best tanks in the game and hilarious OP. She single-handedly pushed me from Abyss 53 - 61.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Given the wide utility of non-ML 3* units it is a gigantic waste to even consider the 4-5* ticket. Many of the 3* ML units are incredibly OP as well. I got Pyllis earlier this week (3* dark) and she's one of the best tanks in the game and hilarious OP. She single-handedly pushed me from Abyss 53 - 61.
    Then you have someone like me who got Mirsa, whos basically functionally worthless lol. Thats what I meant by double-edged sword but that could be said for 4* Units in the main pool too, just letting him prepare for the idea that a unit he pulls from that Moonlight summon could be, somehow, garbage tier. Though I like to think the biggest boon of ML summons is no Cards!

I did also get Guider Aeithir who i think is at least serviceable.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just pulled Krau from the current banner. He's a 5* Tank that looks really good... is he as good as he looks? Cause he looks amazing. I just finished 5*ing Armin too..

I wouldn't say mine is well geared, but he feels more like a hybrid DPS than a true tank since his s1 provoke rate is low. Otherwise, his s3 demands he be near dead to get the most of it, which is nice for revenge haha kills in PvP, but turns into something you rarely use in casual PvE (and is often wasted in autos since it triggers at 50%). Armin is probably better for the role if you already have him leveled.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think I’ll slap that 5* Knight card from the last banner on him, lower HP = higher Def and effect resist. “Effectiveness” is multiplicative right? So If I can get even a little bit on him it should help the 50% rate and if I skill increase him will be even quicker.

Looks like he’s a long term investment... I’ll be using Armin for a while longer but the ultimate goal will be her replacement for me

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Beat 10-10, used my Galaxy thingy and got Celeste. She appears to be rated well, but behind Silk and not sure I need two rangers. oh well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast