+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Seven (Android/iOS)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I like to eat food
    BG Level

This Herais of the World Tree fight is fucking dumb. They get their barrier every turn and it's a significant one at that, plus they heal from my attacks, despite Sez applying Unhealable.

Basically stuck in a perpetual fight now with a lv 47 fire hero that heals on basic attack, Ravi, and this thing because even she can't out DPS the barrier mechanic.

Yeah, there are couple fights that are dumb about shields or shield/heal counters.

Personally, I didn't find 10-9 or 10-10 as hard as the boss fight that came before them against, Rose? I think. But that might've just been an issue of party synergy and me choosing a bad friend unit.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I got it down after using Burn about 6 times with Ravi. Took like 10 minutes. Dumb.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some fights are either incredibly easy or incredibly dumb depending on who you have access to. I wouldn't go too farm in world at the moment. Take time to farm the event and hunts and runes. Your urgent missions will proc on or near your furthest progress into world stages. This means you can get urgent missions on stages you can barely beat if you go too far.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah I'm farming up sets now. The next story mission levels are close to mine, so I figure I'll need real gear. Need to work on higher tier Attack sets now, then maybe back to T3 Crit/Effective. Been trying to get T3 crit boots, but they either come out as Speed/Effectiveness or they have stats worse than my T2s.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think I beat the final chapter with all my CP value comparison listed as "Weak". Definitely had a good thing going once I realized I could give Elson a Speed set and make him the fastest member of my team letting him Heal and Buff way more often while maintaining his HP/Defense due to secondary stats on armor.

I definitely hate that 95% of the mobs in the final chapter were Fire based and both my tank and DPS were earth...

Edit: I'm going to sound salty AF but fuck Artifacts. I've pulled on the Diene banner enough to be at 27 left til guarunteed and I've gotten 3 5* Artifacts (two of the "On banner" one and the "10% chance for extra turn" Thief exclusive one). The Thief one sounds awesome, might equip it to Cidd.

I just want a 5* Hero

Edit: Are "Rose", "Guider Aeithir" or "Mirsa" any good? Rose looks nice, Mirsa seems like Cidd except her schtick is lowering speed instead of Defense.

Edit 2: Looks like Rose is lower ranked than Armin as a "Tank" but I should probably level her because 1) She has Provoke and 2) Elemental diversity. Guider Aeithir looks like according to Korean Tier List to at least be S Tier+ In all fields so I might level him to try it out, and I can't find shit on Mirsa because of how hard it is to find a Moonlight Summon ranking list for good reason.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mirsa can have 50% up-time on silence, so that can be good, but that's about it. There's one thief artifact that greatly increases attack on a dodge, so she might have some use there, but dodging is always a risky shtick if you have to be <50% HP for the ability to be active..

If by guild item, then I meant the item you set for guild members to donate to you. Once you've received the max number of items, you have to set it again, or something new, for people to donate again. Most guildies don't do this, so we can't get points for donating items and helping each other out. It can be set every day, so there's no reason not to do it, yet, here we are.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Edit: I'm going to sound salty AF but fuck Artifacts. I've pulled on the Diene banner enough to be at 27 left til guarunteed and I've gotten 3 5* Artifacts (two of the "On banner" one and the "10% chance for extra turn" Thief exclusive one). The Thief one sounds awesome, might equip it to Cidd..
    Is the Thief one Dust Devil? Definitely equip it. That's what I have on my Sez. Leveled it up a few times and I think it's at 17% activation now.

Just pulled a Surin. Seems she's generally rated lower than Clarissa, but I may level her up to use for boss fights and also for some elemental diversity. The golem hunt is being a bitch and not dropping mythril for me. I've ran it a lot, and had maybe 2-3 runs that gave me mythril. Only been able to make one golem item and that was because they gave me 30 mythril after beating level 3.

What's the procedure for pulls for this game? I've got almost 1k gems saved up, and I've extended my storage a bit. Not sure if I should be saving them for more storage later, or spending them on pulls. I'd like a different weaver and maybe a knight or warrior.

Unless you're desperate for any sort of unit right now, save 600 marks for a 5* banner so you can guarantee that summon. Think people are suspecting Luna to be the next one, or soonish, so if you think she'll be a good fit, start that process.

Personally haven't looked into tier lists and such, myself, but I think I got relatively lucky pulling Krau a couple days in while settling on a Silk 10-draw and nabbing Elson from connections. For now, I'd say to try to figure out how to clear chapter 10 with what you have so you can snag the event rewards, but hold on pushing World unless you're really confident with your group. And while it's been a time/resource issue for me (literally haven't played a week yet), it's feeling like a good idea to get one of each class to 50 because some of the World objectives start asking for things like 2 Thieves and 1 Mage where that sort of requirement isn't solved simply by relying on a friend unit if you're lacking on them. But again, that's not a problem until World difficulty, so stick to 4 core units for now. As a support, I want to generally say Elson was fine for me, if though I don't think I have him geared properly. Upgrade his party buff skill so it gets the ATK boost to get the most out of him.

My own immediate plan is to finish up the Diene event when the rest unlocks later today while working on fodder to upgrade Silk to 6*. However, in my own creeping through World, it's obvious I need gear upgrades, too, which have not been cooperating at all when it comes to purple T3+ drops. Further having me hope the abyss set rolls well for me when I get to those stages, too. Won't work for Silk, but can put it on a warrior or something if so.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Ok so World is a difficulty and not the main story? I started going through Diene's event, this morning. Should I continue with that, or finish the story. I'm currently on Chapter 6 I believe. I feel overwhelmed at this point, which may be a good thing. Just need to figure out where to spend my time. It looks like I should finish either of those two before really committing to farming the hunts for new gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Ok so World is a difficulty and not the main story? I started going through Diene's event, this morning. Should I continue with that, or finish the story. I'm currently on Chapter 6 I believe. I feel overwhelmed at this point, which may be a good thing. Just need to figure out where to spend my time. It looks like I should finish either of those two before really committing to farming the hunts for new gear.
    Diene event will end. Main story will always be there. Buying out the shop completely for event and getting as many reputation rewards as possible should be your immediate goal.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got it. Thanks for all the help guys.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the Thief one Dust Devil? Definitely equip it. That's what I have on my Sez. Leveled it up a few times and I think it's at 17% activation now.
    Dust Devil is a 4*(Isnt it >_>?). its what I actually have him using now and gives hiim a automatic second basic Attack if his first one doesnt kill the target.

The one Im talking about gives you a second turn, meaning you could use a new ability if you wanted too.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Ah. I have no idea. I could look, but nah.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah. I have no idea. I could look, but nah.
    Rhianna & Luciella

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well Nerfs and buffs we were expecting hit today, Tiera got waffle-stomped into F tier but Elson didn't get hit the worst he could have, +2 CD to his skill sucks but not "Literal garbage" like Tiera got. Schuri looking real good now, glad I didn't dumpster him after being told he was bad.

For what its worth the changes to those two in question are >

Tieria:
    Tieria's "Increase Combat Readiness" (Doesn't Apply to her if it ever did) only activates when a hit lands, won't work if it misses.
    Her 3rd Action had the 75% Defense Break removed entirely.
    *Insult to Injury, her Skill increasing which originally increased DMG by 35% and Raises Defense Chance to 95% now only adds an additional 40% Damage. They just split one increase and adding a rogue 5%. Yikes.
    Speed reduced from 108 to 96

Elson:
    Literally just 2 Turns added to his 3rd (Attack/Defense+) Skill.

There's a hell of a lot more adjustments here - http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/gl...ardKey=e7en002

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ya, I'll recall her this weekend and see what I can do with her gear. Might take Shiruchi up; dunno yet.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Idk if I still want to keep Elson. I can feel those two turns.. but idk who I’d replace him with, Rose? Idk.

I feel like a dummy. I got to my 30 pull and confirmed on the second one because I wasn’t paying attention while at the airport. At least it had a 5* (segret)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

She's very good and quite the boss killer. I wouldn't be disappointed with her as my 5 star as a beginner. Did you get any 4 stars with her?

I'm currently leveling her and enjoying her a lot. But I still need to work on my main team and 6 staring them so I've been slow to upgrade her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast