+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TV Show Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

imagine a nolan loving the smell of his own farts. i agree tho, that's not an unpopular opinion at all, it gets a little too impressed with itself...a lot

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    You may need to give Person of Interest more than that. It sort of lets itself settle into the crime-of-the-week sort of show initially, with the full scope of the plot not really showing itself until the end of the first season or so. It gets more serialized later on. As opposed to stuff like Mr Robot or Westworld (which are also good suggestions) that cross into some of the same territory, but spend less time getting there.
    Agreed. POI really gets good. Takes some time, but the story really grows and it's different from anything else I've ever watched. Makes you think a lot about A.I.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    May be an unpopular opinion, but Westworld is one of the most convoluted and pretentious shows I’ve ever seen on television. Barely could finish the first season because I kept waiting for that moment for everything to click, but it never did and I doubt it ever will.

Feels like some kind of Snyder and Lindelof collaboration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    that is a not very unpopular opinion. I loved its high notes and think there's a quality show somewhere in there but the artificial plot convolution feels more like the writers showing off and confusing complexity for sophistication rather than serving any narrative purpose.
    agree with both, i had to watch both seasons twice and I still am like ??? about some of it and it just wasn't worth the effort. i really love the plot idea though so i will prob continue to watch it.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd probably continue to watch Westworld for the production value alone, the show occasionally having a coherent plot is just a bonus on the side.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Season 1 was fine. I was kinda losing it on season 2 because of the storytelling devices that they tried required too much effort to piece together. Also Delores in season 2... oof.

To me like everything Nolans do it's well shot, well acted, and seemingly cool stuff is happening but when you take a closer look at plot their stories always fall apart. Season 1 was promising but Season 2 was awful. Plot holes and incoherent story all over the place, characters doing dumb shit, inconsistent rules of the world and characters. Black mirror has way more interesting and well thought out episodes.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I enjoyed Westworld, but agree the plot was fucked. It was confusing just to be confusing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    May be an unpopular opinion, but Westworld is one of the most convoluted and pretentious shows I’ve ever seen on television. Barely could finish the first season because I kept waiting for that moment for everything to click, but it never did and I doubt it ever will.

Feels like some kind of Snyder and Lindelof collaboration.
    I liked the first season, but quit two episodes into the second.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Black mirror has way more interesting and well thought out episodes.
    Is that number 0? Because I feel like it would be 0.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Westworld's Kiksuya episode was one of the best things on TV last year. in what is probably a total coincidence it also featured the most straightforward storytelling in the entire series.

BG Level

Absolutely agree. Season 2 was a mess in general, but that episode was phenomenal. I was pretty skeptical about doing an episode like that so close to the end of the season considering what a mess the whole season had been, but after watching I didn't care about anything else.