Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dragon Age 4: Dreadwolf - 2024

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Glad they're not jumping away to another narrative like the last two have all done, although I do kinda still miss Hawke. The Inquisitor just didn't feel like they had as much personality.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sparse Details
    Hey everyone,

We have been working on a new Dragon Age™ game for quite a while now and I am pleased to finally tease the existence of this project!

While we won’t be sharing any details for now, I can tell you we have been building a new team around a core of Dragon Age veterans, people I’ve worked with on Dragon Age, Jade Empire™, and some of whom I’ve worked with since the Baldur’s Gate days.

While I have been focused on Anthem™, the rest of the team has been hard at work exploring ways to push BioWare’s storytelling to the next level.

I’m so excited to show you more!

Mark Darrah, Executive Producer
    http://blog.bioware.com/2018/12/06/thedreadwolfrises/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

idk how people are calling it mysterious and shit, it’s pretty obvious to anyone who finished Inquistion that they are referencing to
    Spoiler: show
    Solas

Ridill
    BG Level

Who's calling it mysterious?

Also, Hawke was the best PC. I'll take some narrative control of my character away for the sake of better story. Hope they do that with this game, assuming you wont just be Inquisitor again. Or hey, I'll take Hero of Fereldon too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/02/b...-announcement/

BioWare forced EA to reveal the new Dragon Age before even having a working concept.

If you watch the trailer for yourself, you may notice that it seems thin and rushed. And that’s because it was, according to sources familiar with publisher Electronic Arts and developer BioWare.

The video is the result of EA scrambling to fulfill a promise that BioWare made. The studio made that promise even though EA’s top brass told the Mass Effect and Anthem developer not to.

When BioWare posted that tease, it left EA no choice but to play along. Dragon Age fans were now expecting … something.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kotaku has a long article today on how Anthem went wrong, and how Dragon Age: Inquisition's success may have contributed to the downfall of ME:A and Anthem. Also talks about some potential behind the scenes issues with Dragon Age 4.

I'm going to keep a skeptical eye on DA4 when it comes down the pipeline, because BioWare's no longer the company it once was, and the news from Venturebeat doesn't make me feel any better.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its the last game they did that sold well. Of course they'd make another one. They need a goddamn hit after all of these hilarious failures.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't wait to see how it gets ruins with ham fisted "games as a service" integration.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

As someone who bought ME:A, and enjoyed the B work that is was. And as someone who is playing Anthem as the C- work that it is, shame on me for doing so. Anyone who thinks DA isn't going to be a hot fucking mess deserves all the crap coming their way. Never again BW, never again.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Where all you guys are right now? I was there back when I was burned by EA during Sim City 4. I said never again, and have stuck to it thus far. In my defense, there's been nothing worth playing since then that either hasn't been a hot dumpster fire, or a completely sub-par experience when compared to the pre-launch trailers and tech demos.

This shit will repeat until they take enough of a financial hit to stop it. Trouble is, they'll never stop rolling in that FIFA money, so.... >_>

Ridill
    BG Level

People know EA is shit. It's the Bioware side that's got people down.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I havn't touched EA on PC since they launched Origin/Didn't bring ME3 to Steam. Of the rare time I have their games, it's the console version. (ME1-3 on PS3, Titanfall 2 on PS4, anything that was given away as part of PS+)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    As someone who bought ME:A, and enjoyed the B work that is was.
    I, too, enjoyed Mass Effect: Andromeda, although it certainly was a step down from the original trilogy in many ways. I also enjoyed Dragon Age: Inquisition quite a bit, and would put it better than Dragon Age 2 but not as good as Dragon Age: Origins.

I'm really hoping DA4 is on par with DAI or (even better) DAO, but I certainly have my doubts at this point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

At least back then BW listened to feedback on what worked and didn't for DA2, it's what made Inquisition a solid game.

I do agree that the current BW has potential to make DA4 a hot mess dumpster fire, but as long as they keep pandering with hot gay elf love interests they will make bank.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Pretty sure gay guys are 90% of the reason my fiancee plays Dragon Age. Should I start practicing now, or wait until I come home one night and some dude's there with a lubed up erection?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    People know EA is shit. It's the Bioware side that's got people down.
    They're all the same at that level of money and success. A bunch of ivory tower echo chambers too proud and arrogant to take feedback from anyone. Its the same as people still trying to separate Blizzard from Activision.

It's really aggravating that a ton of these problems are, not necessarily because of typical EA greed and meddling, but because they're being cheap by making studios use their shitty Frostbite tools on everything. Thats such a frustrating reason for a game to suck.

And that's what's mentioned in the Kotaku article linked above, DA4 will be using Frostbite and is being built upon Anthem's codebase.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Where all you guys are right now? I was there back when I was burned by EA during Sim City 4. I said never again, and have stuck to it thus far. In my defense, there's been nothing worth playing since then that either hasn't been a hot dumpster fire, or a completely sub-par experience when compared to the pre-launch trailers and tech demos.

This shit will repeat until they take enough of a financial hit to stop it. Trouble is, they'll never stop rolling in that FIFA money, so.... >_>
    It's crazy cause that article mentions how FIFA is the cash cow and all their best talent is constantly devving for it, or the best frostbite talent is constantly working with them. EA is just too big to succeed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Past And Present Of Dragon Age 4

https://kotaku.com/the-past-and-pres...e-4-1833913351

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag