Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

There are tons of threads about SMN being OP. Cor being OP. RUN being OP. Blu IS still OP MG is broken. You're just being biased. The whole damn game is broken. They've just given up bothering to say "oh look another broken job"

There were *more* threads about blue because blu sucks, it's a shitty job and no one WANTS to play blu but felt forced to. Blu is the worst character in FF8 Blu is the worst character in FF9 the worst character in FFX the worst materia in FF7 doesn't even exist in FFT and trash in FFTA.

I feel like you can't call something a nerf unless something was implicitly taken away. Not being included doesn't fall into the category, while further implying that lack of inclusion may have been intentional to help other jobs catch up. The existence of other alternative OP things doesn't disqualify this behavior, either.

Or I could just say welcome to how melee RDMs felt for the majority of 75 cap: left off all the good stuff.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

if only we had a term for when changes are made both direct and indirect to balance out one job with another

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Just came back to game a couple weeks ago after a couple years away. Does this new job trait make /drk better for THF than /WAR? Or does THF still need the attack/acc from berserk/aggressor on most stuff?
    Did DNC really need more levels of this trait than THF? I mean they already have A+ dagger and multiple levels of accuracy bonus.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    There are tons of threads about SMN being OP. Cor being OP. RUN being OP. Blu IS still OP MG is broken. You're just being biased. The whole damn game is broken. They've just given up bothering to say "oh look another broken job"

There were *more* threads about blue because blu sucks, it's a shitty job and no one WANTS to play blu but felt forced to. Blu is the worst character in FF8 Blu is the worst character in FF9 the worst character in FFX the worst materia in FF7 doesn't even exist in FFT and trash in FFTA.
    What are you even babbling about? Holy shit.

That blu is a shit job in the whole ff lore that only shit players play. And regular people don't like how strong it is feeling forced to use it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    That blu is a shit job in the whole ff lore that only shit players play. And regular people don't like how strong it is feeling forced to use it.
    No one forces you to do or play anything, obviously.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

He must be trolling, BLU is one of the best jobs in the series in all the games it has been in.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    He must be trolling, BLU is one of the best jobs in the series in all the games it has been in.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    And people have thought you are trolling with BLU too. What of it?
    Obviously the guy is a fucking idiot. Anyone with half a brain, who can form a more coherent sentence. Already has the high ground here, *watch out*.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

blu was pretty lame in the single player ff games. they got it right in this one though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

eventually

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post

Easily the most broken character in the game if you use him correctly. Makes farming grand dragons very easy in disc 1

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Easily the most broken character in the game if you use him correctly. Makes farming grand dragons very easy in disc 1

This guy was strong as fuck too.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The enemy skills material in FFVII also granted you some crazy broken abilities early on in the game if you could get them.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    The enemy skills material in FFVII also granted you some crazy broken abilities early on in the game if you could get them.
    The Materia system was great. FFVIII's draw system sucked so bad.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I liked the Draw system, it was easy as shit to make my dudes OP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Blue Magic was broken in nearly every game it was featured in.

FF5: Deathclaw= high damage+stun, Dark Spark=half enemy level, off-guard=half enemy defense
    FF6: Grand Trine = Aquabreath was extremely powerful, White Wind is an AoE that doesn't split. Rippler could do crazy shit and break the game literally.
    FF7: Beta could be learned in the first hour of the game if you were smart and it was an AoE Fire III without split dmg on disc1. Mighty Guard= Barrier/M.Barrier/Haste, White Wind= AoE heal based on caster's HP and healed all statuses
    FF8: Shockwave Pulsar could break damage limit and do upwards of 70k, Mighty Guard gave every buff under the sun, including Aura and Invincible if your CL was high.
    FF9: As early as disc 1, "Lv 5 Death" could 1-shot Grand Dragons, which were one of the most EXP/AP valuable *endgame* mobs. Earthshaker and Twiser were incredible powerful AoE spells, in a game where only Summons (high MP cost, long ass animation) and Meteor (decent fail rate) were AoE magic damage. Frog Drop deal damage based on how many frogs you caught. Catch 99 frogs=deals 999 damage. This isn't even that grindy to do, only taking about 12-15 marsh visits throughout the game, which is worth it since you get good treasure from doing the sidequest.
    FF10: Technically Nova is the most powerful attack in the game, sadly the damage cap is 99,999 damage, which anyone can reach with moderate stats. But I've seen videos where damage was uncapped through hacking, and with the right stats and buffs, Nova can deal several million damage. This is the weakest of the series' blue magic because it's relegated to an Overdrive, as opposed to being a skill set that's accessible at any time, and even then, the spells are not that interesting, most being just straight upgrades of pure damage or moderate AoE elemental damage.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I was a big fan of Black Mage until XI introduced BLU, then that was my favorite and made me appreciate the BLU aspect in previous titles. Quina was always one of my favorites though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4