+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am absolute fucking trash at this game.

It's fun tho

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

95% of the PC playerbase is Narmaya

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    95% of the PC playerbase is Narmaya
    And i love it cuz Narmaya isn’t hard to deal with. Lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Granblue Fantasy: Versus (ArcSys Works/Cygames) - February 6, 2020 (JP) | March 3rd (NA)

Is there cross play between PS4 and PC? Might pick this game up while I’m teleworking for the rest of the month.

EDIT: nvm. Just saw there isn’t. Boooooo!

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Is there cross play between PS4 and PC? Might pick this game up while I’m teleworking for the rest of the month.

EDIT: nvm. Just saw there isn’t. Boooooo!
    Is there a non-indie game not named SFV or KI with console-PC crossplay at all? I really don't know how people end up expecting crossplay. Consider it a miracle every time it does on a non-indie game and you won't be let down.

Also, first time in a long while playing a delay based netcode game and it feels god awful. SFV netcode is plagued with problems, but it's miles ahead of this delay shit.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Considering there is absolutely zero barriers from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo any more there isn't any reason why games shouldn't have cross play other then sheer developer laziness.

So yeah makes sense that fighting games don't have it since a lot of the devs are criminally lazy. Off the top of my head the only fighting game with full cross play over all platforms is Fantasy Strike.

And yeah netcode is fucking bad. I haven't found a single decent connection in ranked matches, but I can at least find 2-3 delay games sticking to the closest lobby for player matches, which is fine given the game isn't overly execution or timing heavy.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I honestly went through the trouble of getting the foreign version of this game, and I haven't played it a single time since launch day. Netcode is bad and makes the training mode worthless. This game has some strict timings with everything that isn't an auto-combo and the timings are WILDLY different game-to-game online. It is too frustrating to bother with, but I'll probably give it one more shot to see if things smooth over soon.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean do people seriously buy arcsys games expecting the netcode to be good?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I knew it was gonna be trash and was primarily buying this since it's super noob friendly to play while I'm on deployment.

But while we're in coronavirus lockdown gotta do something to pass the time.

Edit : I just realized Ladiva has a 360. This game makes sense to me now

Double Edit : Yeeeees now I'm getting it. Falling on the command grab crutch for an hour or so finally helped the neutral in this game click more.

Also rolling thru someones corner pressure into a 720 is fucking hilarious, especially given Ladiva's 720 cinematic. Literally making the Orange Cassidy face in my avatar every time i win a round from it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I mean do people seriously buy arcsys games expecting the netcode to be good?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    It was known it was gonna be trash from the beta and the only game where ArcSys is even contemplating trying out a different netcode is GG:Strive and even that has pushback within the company. I'm personally fine with delay 2 matches which tends to be what I get playing in Florida up to Texas.

The input buffer in this game is hella lenient though, almost too much. The amount of times I get a 623 move instead of 236 after I walk forward is way higher than I'm used to. Especially online.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    It was known it was gonna be trash from the beta and the only game where ArcSys is even contemplating trying out a different netcode is GG:Strive and even that has pushback within the company. I'm personally fine with delay 2 matches which tends to be what I get playing in Florida up to Texas.

The input buffer in this game is hella lenient though, almost too much. The amount of times I get a 623 move instead of 236 after I walk forward is way higher than I'm used to. Especially online.
    There's a trick to that, you can tap the block button to basically force a return to neutral and make sure you always get the 236.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Do you think so? It's true that I have had dps when I wanted a fireball, but most of the time what I notice is that I miss specials more often than usual. I checked and the game doesn't have negative edge, maybe that's the cause, but it's frustrating me a bit some times.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did notice it sometimes playing Katalina, but since i main Charlotta who’s a charge character, i never noticed it at first.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game seems to pair up both a really wide input buffer along with no real shortcut inputs or much leniency in the inputs.

Like most games it doesn't use full 360/720s (270 and 540 respectively), but from watching inputs it seems like you can't miss a single diagonal, whereas most games generally only need you to hit the cardinal 4 directions.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The game seems to pair up both a really wide input buffer along with no real shortcut inputs or much leniency in the inputs.
    Yes, that lines up with my experience as well.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Input and netcode issues aside, I'm having fun with the game, moreso cause I play the mobile game so seeing the characters in 3D is really cool. There are so many nods to the original game (Metera's super skybound has her recreate her pose in the artwork for her uncap) while still bringing its own set of memes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Djeeta trailer

The director, FKHR, also confirmed that if you do her SSBA with technical inputs instead of the shortcut, she uses the blue hair skin from the mobile game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Already gonna pick her up the second she releases on pc, just a week after ps4 unless i decide to get some HKD for the ps4 version.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Already gonna pick her up the second she releases on pc, just a week after ps4 unless i decide to get some HKD for the ps4 version.
    They're releasing her on both PC and PS4 AT THE SAME TIME