BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Man this was worth the fucking wait. So good

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I keep thinking this is going to be the run where I get bored and nope, still going strong. Bow squad, the pike and sword kinda suck

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have you unlocked the modified aspects for the weapons?

It changes EVERYTHING and makes for way more entertaining builds. Fists get a suck in effect, bow gets homing special, stuff like that.

The abilities just keep getting cooler and cooler. Currently mid run with a bow using the homing aspect with a boost on the number of projectiles that does lightning strike on each special AND lighting strikes can proc twice.

It's fucking wild.

Edit : Hell Yeah got a clear with that one, what a beast of a build

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm in a middle of a bow run that I think I'm gonna win. I have aspects unlocked but I didnt donthe homing one cause it lowered my arrows too much and I like dashing behind someone to hit them with 9 arrows point blank, bonus points if i have lightning strikes on each one or crits. Game is super fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Have you unlocked the modified aspects for the weapons?

It changes EVERYTHING and makes for way more entertaining builds. Fists get a suck in effect, bow gets homing special, stuff like that.

The abilities just keep getting cooler and cooler. Currently mid run with a bow using the homing aspect with a boost on the number of projectiles that does lightning strike on each special AND lighting strikes can proc twice.

It's fucking wild.

Edit : Hell Yeah got a clear with that one, what a beast of a build
    Did something similar with that bow, but I had 20% crit chance on special with +4 extra arrows on special. After tagging a boss I would melt like 10% HP with every volley lol, it was nuts. Also some duo combo that shoots lighting when your cast gems are on the field. Can literally clear rooms with you standing in a corner, with some double procs and jolt I just run around and don't even have to attack while bosses die slowly.

I only started playing a couple days ago but have not been able to stop. It takes the best of bastion and transistor and just keeps giving you reasons (and fun dialogue) to come back.

Just unlocked a new spear so I might try some runs with that since I have trouble with spear/sword builds.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whoever said spear was weak is out of their mind. If you get the right boons on it, it's unstoppable. I had Hermes quick strike (you lose the spin attack) but you hold attack for quick strikes, it's pretty much like Crissaegrim. Then you can get other stuff to mod it further. If you get dash deflect on top of it, you can get really far. I had my best run ever last night cause of that. I'm still unlocking tons of shit, so looking forward to experiment.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dash deflect is like 1000% the most essential skill, regardless of weapon or anything else you're going for in a run.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Deflect is so useful against the bullet hell witches lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

As cool as homing arrows would be, I really enjoy having 9 arrows instead that I shoot close range =( can you take off those enhancements once you get them?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You pick one aspect at a time when you choose your weapon and start the run. Whatever the weapon originally came as is the base aspect.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    You pick one aspect at a time when you choose your weapon and start the run. Whatever the weapon originally came as is the base aspect.
    Ohhh crit build here we come

Spoiler: show

Just when I thought this sword run was dead at the 3rd stage (0 lives) it somehow came together in an awesome way. Destroys mob rooms, can basically face tank damage (if I had weakness on this build holy shit it would be OP) and does stupid damage with doom curse. Frost was kinda shit at the start but slowing down everything so I could dodge better really helped.

God I love this game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I bought this on sale just now but am making myself finish FFXII first. Motivation!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have to say the amount of dialogue in this game is truly staggering. There was an incredible amount of work put into this game and it shows. I have not heard the same line more than once and I have been playing for like 12 hours now. I'm sure it'll happen at some point, but it just keeps evolving. Even if you have a certain boon and interact with another god, or you're at low life, they react to that. It's crazy. I wish all devs put in this much work to their games.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I love how I keep running into new dialogue.

Also omg who said the spear was weak. I upgraded the special with Vicious Skewer and Deadly Flourish and the special just wrecks everything at long range. Got my first Asphodel win from it. Took like 0 damage during bone hydra from just long ranging everything lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fuck that spear, bows and gun is where its at

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone have a... copy of the soundtrack they could link me to via PM by chance? I love the music, but $10 is a bit much.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How do I use Titan Blood to unlock aspects? Just unlocked the gun so I should be able to right

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    How do I use Titan Blood to unlock aspects? Just unlocked the gun so I should be able to right
    It unlocks the run after you unlock all weapons. Make sure you talk to skele dude

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah ok.

The bow is not really my fav but I will say the gun is pretty awesome. First run I'm trying it with the burst shot/no reload upgrade and its pretty sweet.