+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Finally hit Game Pass, any beginner tips or tricks to know about?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't played in ages so I won't be giving any gameplay tips since my memory is horrible, but make sure to talk with everybody after each run.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Also you're probably going to die a lot at the beginning as you get used to the controls and farm darkness for boons. That's normal.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In the very beginning, don't focus on beating the game immediately. Idk how many runs it took me originally to get my first clear, but it was several.

- Learn enemy patterns and their visual cues.
    - Get Chthonic Keys for both weapon unlocks and Mirror unlocks (Death Defiance is super useful but pricey)
    - Even if you're not going to use a weapon immediately, at least unlock it so you get the next.
    - Give at least 1 Nectar to each NPC/god to get their trinkets. 2 very useful ones at the start are Skelly's & Cerberus (one gives you an extra reraise and the other, extra HP) There are many good ones, but some of them are for specific builds.
    - Level up said trinkets by clearing rooms.
    - Use gemstones to get all of your Work Orders first, adding in fountains of vitality and coins from pots adds up over a run.
    - Hold onto your Titan's Blood/Diamonds for weapon upgrades/work orders
    - If you see a Daedalus Hammer, go for it, there are usually 3 per run (floor 1 (sometimes on 2) 3 & 4) and will let you change your style with the weapon quite a bit. Paired with certain boons you can become a 1 god wrecking crew.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Start the run with the coin purse for more gold, then at level 2 swap to whatever you want for benefits. I restarted on Xbox cause the saves won't carry over from any other platform, and I've been swapping to the egg since I don't have enough upgrades to be god tier yet and those chaos boons are really good but expensive when your max HP is 50 lol.

Unlock all the work orders asap, they really help you over the long run.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Glad this got bumped. I rebought it in ps5 to replay it since I loved the switch version so much.

I’m using the homing bow currently and just had the most insane run. Every single boon has a place.

I have the following.

+4 arrows
    +special does 12 total arrows now each of which are homing and can crit. This move is epic level rarity and level 5
    -my cast is a crystal beam that shoots enemies. I have an upgrade that makes it track suuuuuper fast and does more damage.
    -I have a move that when I drop all the beams on the ground I take 10% less damage and do 40, yes 40% more
    -a flat plus 60% to special damage
    -A flat plus 45% to special damage
    -a super move that makes me turn into a tsunami and am invincible during that time
    -a move that happens after I use my super move I get 33% to dodge and 30% move speed
    -a flat -13% damage taken
    -the ability to dash four times instead of just two

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Also you're probably going to die a lot at the beginning as you get used to the controls and farm darkness for boons. That's normal.
    Also this. Once you get the hang of it you basically stop dying unless you just get a realllllly crap build or are trying a high heat level.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

If you see a Daedalus Hammer, go for it, there are usually 3 per run (floor 1 (sometimes on 2) 3 & 4) and will let you change your style with the weapon quite a bit. Paired with certain boons you can become a 1 god wrecking crew.
    But bear in mind that the game tries to push you towards the hammer. So if you don't take it, it'll frequently be an option in the next room, and the next room. So if the other option is something you're really after, go for it, especially on a weapon where you're not as dependent on hammers. Certain weapons, I'd try to avoid the hammer completely, but then eventually they'll just give me a 1-exit room with it, forcing me to take it. Stupid game.

Don't think it was mentioned, but on the mirror, there's a toggle on each thing for a different option, so keep that in mind. For the most part, at least in the upper half, when you're starting out I think the initial options will probably serve you better though.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

You can also find the Hammer with Charon before the boss room if you never picked it up that zone.

Also isn't it just two hammers? You can get a 3rd hammer before the final fight with Charon's blacksmith upgrade, though (-1 hammer, +2 hammer upgrade).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, it's 2 hammers and anvil.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah. You can get 3 enhancements but then it's 1 chosen + 2 random. I did a run yesterday for the first time in months because this thread was bumped and it took me something like 45 minutes to clear @8 heat. Very gross.

I'm not particularly motivated to finish the legendary/duos quests but I might do a run a week or something. This game is just fun.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you play enough times you'll get most of the legendary/duo ones done over time. After that you can target the few that you're missing.

BG Level

I don't know how many runs it took me after it was one of my last remaining til I found out how to even get the "other" Hermes legendary. Demeter's was a chore too, because of those requirements. Some of that stuff I'm simply not choosing on a normal run, but I did finally kill the old man with that recently. Pretty much any other legendary or duo I can accidentally bump into.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I still have to hunt Touch of Styx sometime for my last prophecy, but I commissioned everything with the House Contractor and have even maxed all Aspects after around 135 runs. I doubt I will max out the Resource Director.

I didn't mean to necessarily go completionist but the bounties were mostly fun taken at a slow pace. I do about 2 or 3 runs a week these days. I'll go for the 32-Heat statue after finishing these last few bounties and probably be done with the game then. I hope to get in on a threesome sometime before then too.

I’m a little angry at a revenge build I did recently. I had 4/5 revenge boons plus the Zeus and ares ones required to get the duo and it never showed up

Would have been so sick to have them all going off every 3 seconds.

BG Level

Finally got my 32 clear. I basically jumped from about 22 to 32 and banged my head into a wall for a while. So many runs I just jumped in the lava because either I wasn't getting boons, was getting garbage boons, or was getting some of the worst combinations of benefits package room after room. In the end, my mirror/pact choices were pretty questionable, and my build wasn't even that great. Kind of a case of just finally getting rooms that weren't an absolute nightmare.

Then I went and did a 20 heat spear run for the hell of it right after. Going from FO2 to turning it off completely was so relaxing.

I don't really care about the titles, but I've got like 100+ titan blood, a fair amount of the others, but obviously nowhere near enough darkness. Is there any best trade to keep an eye out for from the broker?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Do Poseidon runs and use Chaos egg. You can get something like +200% rewards per chamber.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Broker will sometimes have 500 Darkness available as the special deal. Think it costs like 1 Ambrosia? Whatever it was it's a super deal late game

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Late as all hell to this, but got my first clear in run mid-20s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1441896383

Got my second soon after, just the first run after switching to shield for the first time, because that run finished my spear prophecy.

Ridill
    BG Level

I would love some dlc for this game to give me an excuse to play it again.