Thread: Us (Jordan Peele)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Us (Jordan Peele)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Fucking. HYPE. This look amazing.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Going to do my best to avoid trailers until release. I think it amplified my enjoyment of Get Out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Going to do my best to avoid trailers until release. I think it amplified my enjoyment of Get Out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I did the same and will do the same for this one. Saw the trailer and was instantly invested.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Holy shit, this looks really good.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

oh yeah, we in there

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Trailer looks kinda corny. Then again, all horror movie trailers are corny. I'm gonna do my best to forget most of what I saw, not watch anymore promo, and just go in and let the movie work its magic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Saw this movie tonight and really really enjoyed it, was really good mix of comedy and horror and the soundtrack synced up SO good with the movie.

Only problem I had was

Spoiler: show
    Was all the big plotholes raised by the end of the movie, esp with how the fuck did she get blindsided by this when she was the Tethered. Other plotholes like: why didn't they just leave, how did that place contain millions of Tethered etc.

Also another problem was the Tethered only mimicing movement when it's convenient for the plot, i.e. Boy walking into the fire.

Otherwise, felt like a twilight zone episode in movie format, which I enjoyed.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just saw this tonight. Was pretty good and went in fully expecting
    The whole family to be the dopplegangers with those dressed in red being the original family trying to take back their lives

Also the orchestra version of I got 5 on it sounds so much better in the theater...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post

Only problem I had was

Was all the big plotholes raised by the end of the movie, esp with how the fuck did she get blindsided by this when she was the Tethered.
    I saw that as
    The shadow version of herself repressed those memories as she fully took over her life. It was only when the real version of her was whistling “the itsy bitst spider” after being stabbed that it triggered her repressed memories which is why she laughed the way she did.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah, I completely forgot that at the beginning, they even said she has PTSD and has no memories of what happened.

Been reading up on the missed details and Easter eggs in the movie and found the following interesting:

Apparently the red outfit and one glove they all wore was a reference to "Thriller", which is the last good moment of Red's life before the switch.

The reason she speaks hoarsly is due to Adelaide choking her out when she did the switch.

When she tells her husband about encountering her other self, the flashback shows the opening scene inverted, showing it from the Tethered's perspective.

She was 15 steps ahead of them, she arranged for Jason to play with his Tethered so he would learn about the mimicry and set it up so she could snatch him when he used it to kill his tether (Red already stated earlier she viewed her children as abominations).

She allowed herself to die in front of Jason, so he could know the truth about his mom, so presumably she told him about the switch long ago.

The handcuffs she used on Adelaide in the house are the same ones she used on Red when they switched places.

The Bible reference in essence states that evil will come to those of their making, so it references and foreshadows that this uprising only happened because of what Adelaide did with the switch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

saw last night, solid 8/10. Definitely a movie I'll enjoy watching a second time at some point

only real complaint:
    the amount of exposition required at the end. Either make things slightly less complicated, or do a better job of showing us these things gradually over the course of the movie. I don't want to have to hear the entire plot explained by a character over the course of 10 minutes

otherwise stellar. And the music was A++

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Saw this and loved it, but had a question.

Maybe I missed it, but is it assumed that the tethered in the tunnels were failed government experiments? Where did they come from?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My girlfriend wants to know how scary/gory it is before she'll agree to go see it with me.

Anyone got spoiler free comments on that?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

minimal jump scares, little to no on-screen gore

definitely spooky, but probably safe for someone who scares easily

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

for reference I hate gore, and I was completely unbothered by what I saw

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Saw this and loved it, but had a question.

Maybe I missed it, but is it assumed that the tethered in the tunnels were failed government experiments? Where did they come from?
    don't remember them going into greater detail than an unnamed entity. Probably safe to assume failed gov project that was left to its own devices after abandonment

government involvement lent greater credence if you take the early fluoride comments as foreshadowing

BG Level

I think I managed to pretty much avoid all trailers or any info whatsoever for this. The only thing I really knew going in was that song was going to be in it at some point. Reading the above posts and some other things elsewhere, I think most of the parts I was unclear about are sorted out. The rest I can sort of shrug off. Good movie and I will look forward to seeing it again in however long it takes for it to hit premium channels.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    for reference I hate gore, and I was completely unbothered by what I saw
    Thanks for the info! She'll be most confident seeing it if the gore isn't bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk