+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from Ebay

I just bought a Note 9 from Ebay fir quite a bit less than for what it goes here in EU, thing is, the phone is for the SEA market. I've looked it up and from what I see, the N960FD model is basically the same as the N960F EU one but it has dual SIM slots, it uses the same bands and all.

There shouldn't be a problem using the phone in the EU right? Does anybody have experience with phones for the SEA market?

The only thing I'm guessing I wont be able to use is the charger, since most likely It's going to be for SEA sockets, is there a problem if I use my current OnePlus 1 Charger on it?

I got my wifes Note 8 from Ebay and it worked fine since it had the same bands etc that we use here in the states. As long as it has the same bands you'll be fine.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's good to hear, I've been looking for a new phone for some weeks and stumbled on a Note 9 for 599 EUR tax incl. and free shipping from a (seemingly) reputable seller, which is cheaper than a OnePlus 6T which is what I was going for initially. The only downside is that the Exynos SoC is literally horrible this time around, hope I don't regret it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to you, but IIRC Samsung pulled some weird semi-region lock on their more recent phones to prevent (or at least hinder) sales outside the target region. You have to use the phone in its target region for a few hours to fully "unlock" it, only after that will it work with any net worldwide. Read up if that can apply to you just in case.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not familiar with what Niya is saying with Samsung but in the future you just need to know which wireless bands are in your area. Look at the tech specs of the phone and make sure they match, at least partially. A full match guarantees maximum signal. Even a partial match can get you negligible difference.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Received the phone, had no problem switching to it, reception is good and no problems calling.

Never heard of that weird semi-region lock though.