Closed Thread
Page 87 of 152 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I agree with pretty much your whole post except the issue I absolutely cannot get over is that I think that we're going to take so long to get where we need to be that it's going to be too late to stop ourselves from burning alive. I truly hope I'm wrong.
    I'm actually firmly in the camp that we're past the point of no return on climate change. The best evidence I've read points to this being true.

Now that doesn't mean I think we should pour accelerant all over and light the match, but our actions (and elections) have had consequences that are now inescapable. Which makes it more imperative for future generations that we actually have leadership that is ready to tackle big problems.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

define past the point of no return

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Preventing enough sea level rise to keep half of south America from migrating north.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Past the point where deluge is inevitable rather then improbable.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

There is no point of no return, it's just a steadily creeping scale of increasing disaster. There's no point too far, there's no point at which we are saved. It's just worse and worse, starting like 60 years ago.

It's already bad, it's going to keep getting worse.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If we're already past the point of no return why are people still spazzing out about it so much?

We all gonna die in a ozoneless hell, might as well get weird with it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If we're already past the point of no return why are people still spazzing out about it so much?

We all gonna die in a ozoneless hell, might as well get weird with it.
    Because that point of no return fluctuates based on your means of dealing with it. Poor Americans near the coast are fucked, rich ones will move 30miles inland to where the floods dont happen.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Moving inland won't save them from the tornados, floods, fires, and mudslides.

We should have elected Gore.

BG Level

We did.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Plenty of space in America for there to be areas that arent much different then they are now after the avg rise in temps, for a price. At least for a generation at a time, where they can slowly move between general areas of peace relative to the humanitarian disasters near the coasts.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The dakotas might be nice this time of year, 20 years from now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    The dakotas might be nice this time of year, 20 years from now.

it's like 60s-80s in the dakotas right now. where are you from? no where in united states is it not summer/decent temps

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    it's like 60s-80s in the dakotas right now. where are you from? no where in united states is it not summer/decent temps
    Did you miss how the majority of the country had a winter warning effect earlier this week? Hell we are a week away from June and California still has rain in the forecast.

BG Level

Kansas just had near freezing temperatures followed by storms. This shit ain't normal.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Did you miss how the majority of the country had a winter warning effect earlier this week? Hell we are a week away from June and California still has rain in the forecast.
    source on this? yes i must have missed how the majority of the country had a winter warning effect. please link

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Kansas just had near freezing temperatures followed by storms. This shit ain't normal.
    must've missed this too, sister in KC lowest she said it got was 50? not disputing i guess i just live under a rock to what is currently being talked about

also i'm still of the camp that we are past the point of no return on climate change, most intelligent papers are saying that it's a snowball effect and we started the snowball in the 80s. so i agree with whoever said that

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I was talking hypothetically, after the climate zones have adjusted a little.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    must've missed this too, sister in KC lowest she said it got was 50? not disputing i guess i just live under a rock to what is currently being talked about

also i'm still of the camp that we are past the point of no return on climate change, most intelligent papers are saying that it's a snowball effect and we started the snowball in the 80s. so i agree with whoever said that
    Earlier this month and in April it hit 40-42 several times with one trough hitting mid 30s in April.

Very atypical for Kansas compared to the least few years.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yesterday around 3:30PM, DC got super dark (felt like about 10PM) and we briefly had hail / tornado (warning or watch? idk) / rain.

Scientists really swung and missed when they named it "Global Warming" instead of something like "Global Weirding." People love to talk about how strange the weather is, while +0.1 degree of temperature sounds like nothing.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Even if we take strict corrective measures, it can only mitigate the damage we have done and not fully reverse it. Archi is right that things are a sliding scale of disaster, but there is an amount of man-made accelerated warming that is here to stay with permanent effects (such as partial melting of the polar caps). There is no return because there is no way to fix what we've done, only stop making it worse.