+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    Yeah my approach was pretty similar. Seymour chain, mage mode riku with a dark boost +mag artifact, swap kefka for CoD w/ BSB2, aerith for elarra, and vayne for raines w/ BSB. Elarra just spams songs, regenga is enough to keep the party alive between USB casts. Riku uses darkzone to start and thru 1 cast into AASB and then swaps to necro countdown.

With Seymour and CoD using the 5 & 6* imperil skills, Riku should easily cap on his second turn in awakening mode.

Elarra starts with an SB charge (CoD has the other), turn 1 is glint+, turn 2 ACM, then pass turn a bit before using USB.
    Seymour chain, Jihl USB, imperil skills basically bring Madeen to his knees.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I swapped my dark team around a bit and found myself looking at a downed Madeen after the adjustments. Pretty sweet. I’ve already farmed the 20 copies I want for my magicite decks.

I went with OK USB and BSB for faithgas as they stacked, then Riku mage with the MAG+ Doom ability, Vayne also had a MAG+ Doom ability and by the end he was capping damage with MoD and following up with capped attacks from his USB. Seymour chained, then BSBd. I’d feed him another charge from OK for a second chain at about the 20s mark. Aerith would Glint then USB/Cure as needed.

Worked out pretty well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Holy-week odin destroys me... what's the secret? seemed like every hit breaks the cap.

Dark-week was going way too easy until about 75% HP... then the enfeebles showed up - Jesus.

Only been successful with Ice-odin so far.

BG Level

I'm working on beefing up my water and wind teams right now.

Downed both Fire and Ice. May be able to do Earth and Lightning.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Holy-week odin destroys me... what's the secret? seemed like every hit breaks the cap.
    Holy weak I used lakshmi for Curse because it'll break cap and nothing will actually remove the astra except curse. Other than that there's actually nothing too weird except that savage shadowflare is not piercing, so it's not a terrible idea to use a grimoire effect. The only things that are coming in at you are really just damage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally got my D??? FF5 torment under 30 secs. Tried forever with an earth team, since I had Galuf CSB2.0, but couldn't break 41 secs.

Swapped out Galuf and Dorgan for Gilgamesh (chain and dispel) and Krile (BSB2 imperil) and and managed to get 28sec clear.

Only FFX left now...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Spent the last few weeks clearing out torments. I have 4-10 D??? sub 30'ed. Working on 11, and even got Aphmau USB on the realm pull. Still can't figure to manage a sub 30.

Shantotto AASB
    Aphmau USB, BSB
    Curilla USB1 (Radiant Shield), BSB
    Prishe USB
    Ayame BSB, OSB

On the deck:
    Lion USB
    Zeid USB
    Lilisette BSB

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I have yet to sub 30 anything. But I'm down to II, X, XII, XIII, and XIV for the full clears.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i think of the handful of D??? i've actually cleared, FF7 is my only sub30 thanks to having all of the busted cloud/sephiroth stuff.

i can definitely sub30 FFT and 0 as well, just need to go back and actually do them. with 2 awakenings i'm sure i can sub30 XII as well, just haven't actually tried yet. probably lots of others that i can clear sub40/50 as well, but i just have a really difficult time getting the motivation to build teams for this kinda stuff lately.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Spent the last few weeks clearing out torments. I have 4-10 D??? sub 30'ed. Working on 11, and even got Aphmau USB on the realm pull. Still can't figure to manage a sub 30.

Shantotto AASB
    Aphmau USB, BSB
    Prishe USB
    Ayame BSB, OSB

On the deck:
    Lion USB
    Zeid USB
    Lilisette BSB
    ...almost the same team for me, but swapped Prishe for Lion, her USB (if it's the instacast one) paired well with the fire-based HP steal move.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post

Shantotto AASB
    Aphmau USB, BSB
    Prishe USB
    Ayame BSB, OSB

On the deck:
    Lion USB
    Zeid USB
    Lilisette BSB
    That's pretty much what I ran except I had shantotto USB instead of AASB and lion SSB (yes, ssb) instead of prishe. Just hit stuff to death and make sure to rehaste after de-haste.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Woop, FFX (and all D???) torments are complete <30 secs. Had to commit to a FFX relic 'Official Ball' for Tidus, swapped out Lulu for Khimari who has access to water-reflect USB, 6* glint, and self-destruct AOSB, all of which added the damage I needed to get 26 sec win.

On to Odin.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

whee, deathgaze down. didn't really need to wait for all these OP toys but it makes it a lot less stressful i guess.

WoL: sabre, CSB
    elarra: crushing tango/warrior's hymn, G+/USB2/AASB
    TGC: smite, AASB/AOSB
    marche: sabre, USB
    agrias: sabre, imperil USB

RW is fabula raider, TGC uses his last instacast to overwrite slowga which lands just before. i have agrias' AOSB as well but i dump all of her meter into imperils. WoL is in the top spot to ensure he has chain ready to recast, agrias in the bottom to feed imperil spam. incoming damage is never really an issue, by the time elarra's first charge is up to cast USB2, most of the HP is wasted. i use AASB as her second cast for a quick rehaste since this setup tends to go pretty deep into the 20s.

the crit damage up on elarra's USB2 seems to be the key piece here, the defense this thing has in rage mode is insane. very hard for TGC to break it even in awakening mode under chain. i do have WoL's OSB and spare meter so i'll probably work that in to smooth things over a bit.

just gotta do ark next and then on to odin, woo

BG Level

So close to downing Water-weak Odin.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Kind of deciding if I should pull on T0 or not.

I want to go for Fujin/Terra Awakening on the FC Wind banner and then save for fest, but my only earth awakenings are Tifa and Bartz. I'm good on Titan prep, so I want to turn my attention toward Ramuh.

Edit: And yall were right on with the FFXI torment advice. Lion was a good swap, I had no problem surviving due to the debuffs added, and sub 30'ed without even seeing the Magic/Physical resist mechanic.

1-3, 12-15, and T0 left.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fire-weak Odin down. Working on Thunder now, a bit more imperil and I should be good though. Used lenses to pick up Promptos USB, will try again after work.

BG Level

Fire, Ice, and Water weak downed. Debating on whether to do Wind, Earth, or Thunder next.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Fire, Ice, and Water weak downed. Debating on whether to do Wind, Earth, or Thunder next.
    If you go with thunder, bring an early Astra, I'm using Tyros USB, his 3rd or forth move petrifies slots 2, 3 and 4, and there are a lot of abilities that do more damage than your HP to cover, last Stand is a must. I put Aerith in slot 1, and Tyro in slot 5 to eat the Stop with their high MND, wore off instantly for Aerith, lasted about a 1 second with Tyro. Otherwise, standard Odin fare.

BG Level

I only have Sora and Ashelia awakenings.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You can also bring Edge USB0/USB2 to blink the petrify.