+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 579
  1. #501
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,569
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    You shouldn't need more than Lightning's Sync ever, it's borderline broken (much like Cloud USB1) and its absence and rarity speaks to that. I think mathematically she gets more use out of her USB1 + Sync for the fastcast, but having 2 SB's that break damage limit on her is crazy.

    Clouds is good, but honestly you get more out of his USB1 than you do his Awakening. His AOSB is a big one to grab, simply for potential of instances where clearing out 1mil+ HP isn't unheard of. Awakening can save you 2-4 SB bars in setup, depending on what support you have available (Zack, Tyro, Chain, Imperil) to achieve similar damage output. But capping 20k/hit on abilities pales to 40-50k/hit when Cloud is set up.

    tl;dr: Cloud for efficient set-up. Lightning for brokenness. Also depends on element you need more of.

    Bonus Tip: Lightning can almost sub 30 Leviathan and D??? Torment with Sync alone. Cloud setup is important for Titan, but requires his AOSB in most cases.

  2. #502

    I don't think I've seen a Levi clear with Sync as the sole damage, though you did say "almost". It pretty much always involved combining it with her awakening and/or aosb. I tried when I first got it and could only take him to around 40-60% per run, and that was with prompto chain + imperil, and Ignis bsb. I now have Elarra's USB2 and Tyro's awakening, plus Prompto's awakening, so I might be able to swing it, but having the AOSB finisher for 500k, or awakening for lv2 dmg break with Sync is huge.

  3. #503
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,937
    BG Level
    10

    Levi is wrecking me.

  4. #504
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    907
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I don't think I've seen a Levi clear with Sync as the sole damage, though you did say "almost". It pretty much always involved combining it with her awakening and/or aosb. I tried when I first got it and could only take him to around 40-60% per run, and that was with prompto chain + imperil, and Ignis bsb. I now have Elarra's USB2 and Tyro's awakening, plus Prompto's awakening, so I might be able to swing it, but having the AOSB finisher for 500k, or awakening for lv2 dmg break with Sync is huge.
    yeah, I couldn't do Levi without stacking Sync with AWSB (although, I will admit, I never tried Sync+USB -- mostly because Sync+AWSB worked so well).

  5. #505
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,937
    BG Level
    10

    Sync seems to be the best way to go because of the immediate triple stack.

  6. #506

    Oh that's lame. The new missions don't give you a group reward pull/pick. I guess those come later?

  7. #507
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,661
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Can Tidus do something similar to Cloud with his AASB and his AOSB? Or would it be capped at 19,999x20 hits and a 99,999 hit at the end only?

  8. #508
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,942
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    afaik sephiroth is the only other character with a native BDL+9. tidus' arcane would be capped at however many BDL levels you can stack up, which would normally be a max of 2 if you have both his AASB and SASB. accordingly he'd cap out at 30k*20+99. i guess eventually you could do 3 with a fully-leveled AASB once that's available in global, but the meter requirements are so high it's probably neither feasible nor preferable to just going wild with sync command 1 for as many turns as you can cram in.

  9. #509
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,569
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    afaik sephiroth is the only other character with a native BDL+9. tidus' arcane would be capped at however many BDL levels you can stack up, which would normally be a max of 2 if you have both his AASB and SASB. accordingly he'd cap out at 30k*20+99. i guess eventually you could do 3 with a fully-leveled AASB once that's available in global, but the meter requirements are so high it's probably neither feasible nor preferable to just going wild with sync command 1 for as many turns as you can cram in.
    There was some Tidus shenanigans using Cloud USB as a RW. But that was back for event dungeon fights and obviously isnt viable for current endgame with locked RW. It could be done with a lot of people, but at the time 20+1 ASB were pretty uncommon and Tidus had a lot of CT0 tech in his kit.

  10. #510

    So I only realized afterwards as I was using him in the anni event that I have too many SBs and not enough slots on Cloud x.x Sync, AWSB, USB1, USB2, AOSB, Glint. USB1 gets an obvious auto-pick, and I feel like his AOSB is a must-have as well. After that the obvious choices seem to be Sync and AWSB, but each of those are 1 use, and the Glints are proving to be very useful in reapplying enElement. His USB2 has great utility, as well.

    In the end it'll probably simply be Sync, AWSB, USB1, AOSB. That at least gives me 30 seconds of USB+Sync/USB+AWSB, and a finisher in there. This is probably way too many bars to juggle without an entruster, and running Tyro with AWSB isn't a great option because it overwrites the 100% crit for the few turns that Tyro is ramping up.

    This feels like a whale problem. Ugh, I wish Lightning was actually on that pick list lol.

  11. #511
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    907
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    So I only realized afterwards as I was using him in the anni event that I have too many SBs and not enough slots on Cloud x.x Sync, AWSB, USB1, USB2, AOSB, Glint. USB1 gets an obvious auto-pick, and I feel like his AOSB is a must-have as well. After that the obvious choices seem to be Sync and AWSB, but each of those are 1 use, and the Glints are proving to be very useful in reapplying enElement. His USB2 has great utility, as well.

    In the end it'll probably simply be Sync, AWSB, USB1, AOSB. That at least gives me 30 seconds of USB+Sync/USB+AWSB, and a finisher in there. This is probably way too many bars to juggle without an entruster, and running Tyro with AWSB isn't a great option because it overwrites the 100% crit for the few turns that Tyro is ramping up.

    This feels like a whale problem. Ugh, I wish Lightning was actually on that pick list lol.
    I thought they were going to increase the number of soul-breaks equipped to 10 with this fest. ...but I guess not. It is coming soon though.

    What I have found, is that unless the monster uses Diffusion, I have no reason to take Glints to the battle - Sync, and AWSB, and USB2 are enough to keep En-Element.

  12. #512
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,875
    BG Level
    10

    1) which 6* should I buy first with the royal crucible
    2) which banner coming up is worth it

  13. #513
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,692
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    God help me I just reinstalled this on my phone.

    Haven't played since Cloud USB1 came out for various reasons I wont get into... So my team is basically debuff/buff meta and apparently that's no longer bueno for hard stuff.

    Need some help figuring out what I can put together. Here's a list of the various shit that I've pulled so far:

    Spoiler: show

    Listing SB names cause idk how many shit people have no or w/e

    Awakening:
    Yuna - For the Calm
    Aerith - Star Pulse
    Xezat (seriously) - Fleet Assault

    Arcanes:
    Ursula (who the fuck) - Moonflower Skyfall
    Delita - The Valiant
    Kelger - Lupine Boost
    Master - Pinnacle Pugilist

    Chains:
    Luneth (Wind) - Winds of Possibility
    Zack (Wind) - Lucky Stars
    Steiner (FFIX?) - Sworn Protector
    Prishe (FFXI?) - Heroine's Combat
    Shantotto (Lightning) - Frightening Lightning
    Strago (Water) - Blue Field

    Ultras:
    Spoiler: show

    Estinian - Skydragon Dive
    Shantotto - Thousand Suns
    Gordon - Leader Wakes
    King - Endless Waltz
    Marche - Divine Combo
    Sarah - Crystal's Gleam
    Lulu - Blizzard & Water Fury
    Dr Mog - Nature's Wrath
    Marach - Khamja Collusion
    Fran - Sparkchill Fang
    Krile - Kindred Flame
    Rinoa - Angel Wing Ice Ruin
    Yuna - Song of Spira
    Tifa - Meteodrive
    Locke - Returners Unite
    Faris - Phantom
    Tyro - Warder's Apocrypha
    Aranea - Dragon Leap


    Glint (wut)
    Sarah - Love of Cornelia
    Rikku - Secret Concoction
    Luneth - Master Dragoon

    Materia (any point in listing these? lol)
    Spoiler: show

    Snow - Living Free
    Gaffgarion - Fell Aspirations
    Auron - Snarling Dragon
    Penelo - Compassion's Hand
    Exdeath - Born of Evil
    Celes - Rune Knight Spellmaster
    Arc - Bookworm
    Iris - Amicitia Line
    Enna Kros - Mystic Presence
    Shantotto - Superiority Complex


    And a shitton of bursts (most of the good ones - OK, Vaan, Yshtola, etc...), some overstrikes, and other lower level stuff thats probably worthless now.

    I just finished nightmares and got my ass kicked trying to do the easiest materia lol. Any advice on teams I'm pretty close to being able to start piecing together, or which banners I should be trying my luck on would be great.

    Haven't spent any motes above 3 yet, as I have no idea who will be useful.

    I pulled all the 5 mythril ones, all the free ones, and some of the 15's. Have about 100 mythril leftover and didn't know if I should keep trying different 15 ones or what not. Working through dungeons to increase stamina (@180) and get mythril, as well as working through event fights. More focused on the 6 event as that's almost over.

  14. #514
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,830
    BG Level
    7

    Magicites are elemental teams. You should be able to plow through the 3*s quickly since the power creep should wreck everything. Cloud shenanigans for Golem, an ice team for Enkidu. Yuna can carry also with the appropriate 6* summon or Valigarmada vs Bismarck, Sea Lion, and Enkidu.

    Buy Godwall + Tyro LMR and you souldn't need to worry about buffs until fights where godwall is irrelevant.

  15. #515
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,826
    BG Level
    6

    Zeromuses were pretty easy because I took rydia sync+aasb combo and did ridiculous damage. You only need to no-buff clear stage 7, not 8, so go hog wild with imperils and a carry on phase 8 and watch it explode.


    Bring dispel. Oh god, bring dispel. Remember gilgamesh's V torment? Yeah, it's like that.

  16. #516
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    907
    BG Level
    5

    Are Lens+ ONLY used for Saphhires? ...or are they used for anything else later? -- should I hold on to them or feel free to buy hero abilities?

  17. #517
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,937
    BG Level
    10

    I would wait for specific hero abilities.

  18. #518
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    907
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I would wait for specific hero abilities.
    So Lens+ have no other purpose In JP?

    Lens+, for the next 6 months, ONLY buy sapphires?

    Because I'm about to buy Noctis' ability.

  19. #519
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,661
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Monday morning update. I can't really think of much I completed this weekened. I did take out a few transcendents. Nemesis, Enigmatic Orb, and Zeromus EX all went pretty easily.

    Yiazmat Transcendent still eludes me, but I'll try again later.

    For the life of me I can't figure out the proper timing to absorb Bahamut Fury's attacks. RW seems to wear just before he uses an attack.

    I did clear Water Odin. After trying all afternoon yesteday, I buckled and picked up Lightning Awakening from my 2 pull pick choice. Was smooth sailing after that. Only leaves me with Holy/Dark weak Odins. I have a party for Dark weak, but I'm still tweaking it.

    On the torment side of things I cleared out a few D??? battles. V and VI both got sub 30's pretty easily. Kelgar is a beast, and Terra Sync made short work of VI. I tried XIII a few times last night and couldn't squeak out a clear with both my AWSBs holders. Those dispels later in the battle are annoying. I also screwed up and had Sahz die so he I couldn't use his Unique to reapply shell/haste. I'll have to try again later.

    I had to clear up space in my favorites list so I removed all 4* magicite parties and better organized my list. They're set up so I can jump from ascending to descending order on favorite # and quick access my parties. 1-30 are Magicite, 60-31 are Torment followed by Odin fights.

  20. #520
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,826
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post

    Yiazmat Transcendent still eludes me, but I'll try again later.

    For the life of me I can't figure out the proper timing to absorb Bahamut Fury's attacks. RW seems to wear just before he uses an attack.

    I did clear Water Odin. After trying all afternoon yesteday, I buckled and picked up Lightning Awakening from my 2 pull pick choice. Was smooth sailing after that. Only leaves me with Holy/Dark weak Odins. I have a party for Dark weak, but I'm still tweaking it.

    On the torment side of things I cleared out a few D??? battles. V and VI both got sub 30's pretty easily. Kelgar is a beast, and Terra Sync made short work of VI. I tried XIII a few times last night and couldn't squeak out a clear with both my AWSBs holders. Those dispels later in the battle are annoying. I also screwed up and had Sahz die so he I couldn't use his Unique to reapply shell/haste. I'll have to try again later.

    I had to clear up space in my favorites list so I removed all 4* magicite parties and better organized my list. They're set up so I can jump from ascending to descending order on favorite # and quick access my parties. 1-30 are Magicite, 60-31 are Torment followed by Odin fights.
    The timing is garbage for bahamut fury - it takes .88s to cast the RW and lasts 1 second with bahamut fury on a 1.76s cast time. What I did was have two damage dealers and both do nothing but alternate using the RW with a brief hesitation after each bahamut attack, until things were charged up and then just blew it up.

    XIII is a big pain. I should go back to it at some point.

    Yiazmat - the best advice I can give is to use breaks, because to simulate XII's strategy (break stats to death) transcendent yiazmat has *0* break resist. It'll still do damage but makes your life much easier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2020-05-28, 07:29
  2. Replies: 1385
    Last Post: 2020-05-26, 21:20
  3. Replies: 1680
    Last Post: 2019-01-02, 09:21
  4. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 2018-01-03, 13:53
  5. Replies: 1990
    Last Post: 2017-08-31, 16:23
  6. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper 2016 Advancilate Twins
    By synistar in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 7388
    Last Post: 2016-12-31, 23:43
  7. Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Smartphones)
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 14728
    Last Post: 2016-01-07, 23:20