+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    well, Omega was fun, and great way for folks to practice for Odin - if folks are still at that point. Basically took Odin/6* steams and cleaned up.

Best part was, I could finally put Decil Sync to use!

Listening to that music all night was definitely a throw-back too!
    500 difficulty should put it on par with Odin. You're saying it's easier? I was putting Omega off because of that difficulty rating, but I'll probably dive in sooner if he's easier

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    500 difficulty should put it on par with Odin. You're saying it's easier? I was putting Omega off because of that difficulty rating, but I'll probably dive in sooner if he's easier
    It's an easier Odin with slightly different mechanics. The biggest change is no 10 turn eject on entering phase 3, but each Omega can dispel, stun, and do annoying things. Ice weak goes overboard boosting its elemental defense and Holy Weak uses Death.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    It's an easier Odin with slightly different mechanics. The biggest change is no 10 turn eject on entering phase 3, but each Omega can dispel, stun, and do annoying things. Ice weak goes overboard boosting its elemental defense and Holy Weak uses Death.

That's the biggest thing holding up a lot of my odin wins. I just don't have the patience to get the ending zerg juuuuuust with random double procs or whatnot. Those other mechanics are much more managable

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

There's another way to look at Odin phase 3. During the damage push to phase 3, blow an arcane right before the 30% mark to push it as low as possible before the transition. You can get it down to as low as 21% and then it's a 10 turn push to do 625k-700k instead of the full 900k.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    yeah, no Zantetsuken to worry about, and no phase 3 shenanigans - power-creep made breaking Rage easier.

Although, you do need to worry about a 99% gravity attack, sap, heavy guard, dispels and radiant shield things (not all elements have all of those, and Dr. Mog doesn't really tell you which to be on the look out for)... but those are way easier to deal with.

Dark-Omega (light-weak) was the most... I dont want to say annoying, but his enfeebles were unexpected - but any astra took care of that (I used Tyros).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Seriously, fuck Dark Omega.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm sitting on both Holy and Dark until I see if I get a few things from fest to help.
    At least we know that they will return during a future fest.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Something to keep in mind... Omega will eventually return as non-expiring content, though that's many months away. Will come back with a higher difficulty version, too.

So clearing just 6 for the lenses should be the minimum to aim for right now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm hurting for VIT 6* motes so i don't mind trying to clear Holy Weak too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I'm hurting for VIT 6* motes so i don't mind trying to clear Holy Weak too.
    Holy-weak starts to spam Blind later in the fight -- it helps to bring abilities that cant miss, like Lifesiphon (and I'm sure there are more) and Soul-breaks.

This would have hurt me, but since all my DDs spent the first 3/4 of the fight on Awakenings, I had tons of SB bars built up.

lucky awakening
    2/11
    Maria AASB (Dupe)
    Reks AASB

lucky, indeed

Summer Decadence:
    Jack USB
    Prishe USB (dupe)
    Delita GSB
    Freya LMR (dupe)
    Selphie LMR
    Barret LMR
    Firion LMR
    Seifer LMR
    Quistis LMR
    Beatrix BSB (dupe)

Well that was underwhelming, but I guess it did say that 8 5* were guaranteed, so maybe all those LMR were the best possible outcome? I don't know.

Summer Appreciation #1:
    1/10
    Cid (IV) USB

lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

AASB 'lucky' 1/11 zidane dupe; i got this exact same pull on the first AASB LD a couple fests ago. oh well, if i pull ten more dupes i can use it twice a year from now

decadence, appreciation and realm/elemental ticket were all junk

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Pretty good haul so far.

Lucky Awake: Squall ice, Hope
    Fest tix 1: Yshtola awake

morning pull was alright:
    6*'s: Dupe Maria Arcane, Dupe Luneth G+ (qq, probably the saddest part of my fest so far, at least maria is an earth boosting armor)
    5*'s: No dupes! Cloud dark G, Vaan imperil/+wind G, Alphi empower wind G, Palom G (+30% dmg hitting weakness for 15sec, and 2 turns QC, looks good assuming I ever get any palom tech!), Faris LMR (+dmg prop to debuffs), Marach LMR (enlightning), Ceodore LMR (enholy), Master G (+30% dmg hitting weakness, crit100% for 2 turns)

So.. 3-4 decent glints, some meh lmr's. No dupes (minus the 6* :<) and no bsb's, so can't complain on those.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So far, AASB lucky has been my best pull in a while:
    5/11: Tama, Rinoa (Ice), Wakka, Vivi (Ice), Aphmau (dupe)

All my other ticket pulls have been OK (mostly dupes and some decent LMRs). At least I got one great pull.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

All fest pulls have been bupkis.

Serafie Awakening was the highlight.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I love these unleashed soulbreak dungeons...

99 Locke - Sync Awsb UBS2
    99 Relm - USB1
    99 Mog - Realm Chain, AWSB
    99 Terra - AWSB2, AWSB1, Sync
    99 Shadow - Sync, AWSB

...and thanks to Relm USB1, all of it is instant cast, over, and over, and over.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I have way too many Fire Crystals to chance running Orb Meadows anymore -- why cant I get anything else?!

...this is after capping all the fire abilities I can.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Huh, I haven't updated here in a while it seems.

Since my last progress post, I've defeated:

All Odins but Holy Weak
    All Prismatic Omegas but Holy Weak/Dark Weak

I returned to Transcendant Ruins and took down Fury's Roar and Between Dimensions. I was getting pretty close to taking out Shadowsmith but got distracted by other things.

I also went through and Sub 30'd all Torment D450s. Anyone still struggling with those should take a look at tossing in an off realm character. Rinoa helped greatly with my FFXI and FFXIV teams.

I'm not sure far back my last magicite update was, but I've also completed Leviathan (Physical), Ifrit (Physical), Shiva (Magical), Valefor (Physical) and am currently working towards a Alexander (Physical) clear. The dream of anything Syncs from fest was crushed by 4/22 pulls that had the same Rem Glint 3 times, and Lightning Holy Glint once.

So Squall can definitely quad-cast when both his AASB1 and 2 are active at the same time. Sooo satisfying seeing 29999 x20, and with regularity. Glad I was luck enough to pick up his fire GSB+ so I have a method to reapply enFire. Now we'll see if I an put together either a 6* ice or fire team around him lol. My melee fire time is muuuuch weaker than ice, so unless he can carry the entire fight in 10-15 seconds then I will probably still have to either wait on it or try and make magic work. I say all this as someone that still has 0 6*'s down lol

Got the 6 elemental omega's down.

I think I can probably do darkness, but holy is kind of iffy. If we get TGC's hero ability before Omega is taken away for a few months then I can probably down that one, but the lack of 6* is hurting. I might be able to do it with Rydia's awakening and Rem's Sync, but I have basically nothing else once those two abilities end so dmg would fall off a cliff. A lot of the Rem abuse seems to be pairing her Sync and awakening, so I'm not sure that I can take full advantage of her. I also haven't magia'd her yet so all I would have would be the 400 from her record.