+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Final Fantasy Record Keeper 2019: Doomtrain Chugging Along

Happy 2019. While activity has fallen off a fair amount, we continue towards the next powercreep with Awakenings coming soon. We didn't get the JPN banner rates with a chance at Shiny Thing during the latest FF6 banner. Magicites continue to block us. Torments still are a pain in the ass.

GL HF. May 1/11 dupes not be in your future.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    May 1/11 dupes not be in your future.
    But 2/33 dupes were!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm still skeptical about possible adjustments to drop rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Adjustments in JP happened with the 4th anniversary banners. Or at least that's when people started to take notice of the increase in 1/11 pulls.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Adjustments in JP happened with the 4th anniversary banners. Or at least that's when people started to take notice of the increase in 1/11 pulls.
    Does organizing items by "latest gained" work when trying to find when you would have rolled a 5*+? Wouldn't there be a much larger number of first slot 5*+ items in inventory when organizing if it worked with a reroll method instead of 10+1?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Does organizing items by "latest gained" work when trying to find when you would have rolled a 5*+? Wouldn't there be a much larger number of first slot 5*+ items in inventory when organizing if it worked with a reroll method instead of 10+1?
    Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I don't know how the items are organized with "latest gained" compared to actuall pulls and our inventory is separated by weapons and armor.
    In theory yes but if it was that simple it'd be very easy to figure out I suppose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I don't know how the items are organized with "latest gained" compared to actuall pulls and our inventory is separated by weapons and armor.
    In theory yes but if it was that simple it'd be very easy to figure out I suppose.
    Just something I noticed from the 33 pull because I went to clear inventory out afterwards and my 2 6* items were around the middle, separated by the 3rd 5* BSB further down with 3 and 4* items in-between.

BG Level

What is the adjustment?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What is the adjustment?
    Basically they implemented a reroll method instead of the 10+1. Currently one relic is guaranteed to be a 5* or better and the game rolls for the rest while after the change the game rolls 11 items and if no 5* is pulled it changes one into it.
    So your chances of going 1/11 are doubled from around 20% to 41%.

BG Level

So basically before the change you'd get 1 relic and then a random chance from the other 10. After you get a random chance from 11 where 0/11 is flipped to 1/11, thereby shitting on pull rates.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm still skeptical about possible adjustments to drop rates.
    search "JP FFRK Banner" on youtube (they are mostly live, so no "bias") and if your still skeptical, I don't know what to tell you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So basically before the change you'd get 1 relic and then a random chance from the other 10. After you get a random chance from 11 where 0/11 is flipped to 1/11, thereby shitting on pull rates.
    Yep, it was also done with no warning and during the anniversary banners. I'm not sure if it was their way to "balance" Awakening relics being that powerful or if they wanted to screw everyone over.
    Just a warning before we get there in our next GL Fest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Did they eventually reverse it or is it still live in JP?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hard to say because there's no real data collection in JP and it was only noticed because of the huge pull spike of the 4th anniversary. It seems to still be in effect though.

Finally beat all the nightmare dungeons and thought since I had a decent wind setup that I may be ok in the first magicite earth dungeon. Hahahahahaha nooo way in hell. I have no idea how the hell these things are even possible.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Finally beat all the nightmare dungeons and thought since I had a decent wind setup that I may be ok in the first magicite earth dungeon. Hahahahahaha nooo way in hell. I have no idea how the hell these things are even possible.
    Yeah, I wrapped up nightmares not too long ago, and could barely make adent in the magicite, the gap in difficulty is brutal. I have been assuming we're expected to go through the record sphere grind first (?). I have had more luck on some torments than on magicite. but I can do 180 reliably, but 220 still kicks my ass

Yeah most 180s are easy for me and I can do a 200 if I get the right setup. I had to blow a large amount of my orb stash though to beat a some of the nightmare stuff (I'm looking at you healing dungeon cannon thing) so now I basically need to wait til I get incredibly lucky with drops over the next few months...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

In my experience for Magicites, theyre kind of a sliding scale power check. Keep in mind that support breaks (power breakdown, full break, etc) are next to worthless in Magicites. It is all healing, damage, with a wrath/entrust battery character.

3* almost mandate a 3* mote dive for survival, 4* dive as a luxury. You can cover it with abilites now, but the 6* abilities are scant if you're having trouble with Magicites and cannot tackle Neo Torments reliably. Bursts shine a lot here for hones. You won't have much in the way of magicite decks to use, but pick your strongest element and go in a circle clockwise.

4* magicites almost mandate a 4* dive. BSB's wane a bit, but some are still highly useful (like Cid Raines). Some characters can make these easier (Edge with his SSB, Onion Knight/Ramza with their buff suites and LMR). At least one defensive magicite with 2 resists to the current element can make life a LOT easier. Again, pick your strongest element and go in the circle clockwise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Don't feel bad - 3* Earth, for a lot of people, was the most difficult since it pretty much negated all things physical with it's physical-stoneskin move. When it initially came out, magical-wind users, and abilities were sparse.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

OSB, LMR and burst cash draws? Think I'll skip...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast